PCD TC 2011-11-09 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Planning and Technical Committee October 26 PCD PC&TC 2011-10-26 Webex
- 3. Work Items for the TC:
- - Device Specializations - General Content Profile (Todd)
- - Pump WG: Device Specialization - Infusion Pump (Todd)
- - Pharmacy Domain: Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
- - Pulse Oximetry Integration with Clinical Applications (Greg and Ioana)
- - MEM WG: Recruit CMMS Vendors (Steve and Richard Swim)
- - MEM WG: Device Cybersecurity (Axel and ITI)
- - PCC Domain: Cross Enterprise TeleHomeMonitoring Workflow Definition (XTHM-WD)(Ken)
- o Follow up with John Donnelly regarding invitation to work with PCC.
- - ITI Domain: Enterprise ACM (Monroe)
- - Really Consistent Time White Paper (Paul)
- 4. Connectathon and Showcase
- 5. RTM Update
- 6. WCM Update
- 7. Next and Recent Meetings
- 8. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
Jon Blasingame, Sam Carello, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Scott Powell, Doug Pratt (Siemens), John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Richard Swim, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
- Chair: John Rhoads
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Work Items for the TC:
- - Device Specializations – General Profile and Infusion Pump: Todd noted this is a specification, not a profile. He is working with the Pump WG and is benefiting from their involvement. He is in contact with Terry Sippel as well. He is leveraging work in other domains, such as Radiology.
- - Pharmacy Domain: Todd has not received a response to his email. Paul suggested that getting all med information including oral and other delivery in one place will be a contribution to decision support.
- - Pulse Ox Integration: Ioana described the effort as reaching the application as well as the point of care. The VA will seek to add LOINC and SNOMED mapping to RTM. She noted that some information will be acted on, but not become part of the EMR record. Todd noted that the Japanese cannot use SNOMED and the PCD needs to address the VA’s needs and those of other organizations, including those on the international scene. Paul noted that EMRs usually can translate and that the RTM tables can also provide translation. He recounted experience in Continua where SNOMED lacks many of the ECG terms. John Garguilo noted that discussion with IEEE last week revealed the need to make people aware of the existence of standards that provide the data required, and specifically the IEEE standards and awareness of these standards among EMR vendors.
- - MEM CMMS: Nothing to report.
- - MEM Cybersecurity: ITI TC did not approve this WP effort, but John Rhoads believes that work will get underway, led by Jeff Pascoe. It will be on the agenda for the PCD/ITI coordination meeting coming up in about a week.
- - PCC Collaboration on Cross Enterprise TeleHomeMonitoring: Ken hasn’t heard whether PCC has accepted this proposal. He notified the author that while PCD hasn’t approved going forward, it will support PCC’s efforts if they undertake the effort. Todd noted that the Koreans are interested in this work, but there’s nothing definitive.
- - ITI Collaboration on Enterprise ACM: No update from ITI.
- - Really Consistent Time: Paul suggested that an NTP clock be evaluated while we are at the Connectathon. He doesn’t have the time to pursue this. Todd suggested that PCD have a clock to call attention to time issues in the Showcase. Paul indicated implications for waveforms, alarm latency, and other important applications of precise time. Manny to place on upcoming Tuesday meeting agenda.
Participants were reminded that the Detailed Profile Proposals are due the end of November, followed by balloting.
4. Connectathon and Showcase: Manny called attention to the new PCD testing Google Group, the need for physical size of items demonstrated (provide by Friday), and the important recorded meeting yesterday.
5. RTM Update: Work will resume on the ventilator terminology next week. Paul has begun work on alarms and events.
6. WCM: Ken indicated that there is some interest in WCM. It will be established as an option and he is revising the document for this purpose. He also noted that there are parallels with ACM. He is leaning toward the use of OBRs to deliver waveforms, indicate the time the waveform starts and stops in the message. A revised name will be considered, perhaps Waveform Content Module. Several advantages were noted.
The next meetings are:
PC November 16, 2011 PCD PC 2011-11-16 Webex
TC November 30, 2011 PCD TC 2011-11-30 Webex