PCD TC 2009-08-12 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Preliminary agenda

Please add your suggestions

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: August 5 meeting PCD TC 2009-08-05 Webex
3. Review existing ballots and need for additional votes
4. RTM CPs: Review and approve ballot for approval.
5. Approve MEM - Medical Equipment Management White Paper for release to ballot
6. PCD Major Issue Review / Discussion
7. Web vs ftp vs Wiki: The question of usage
8. World of Health IT Barcelona March 15-18, 2010 http://www.worldofhealthit.org/index.asp
9. Action Item Review
10. Additional Business
11. Next Meeting

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Rita Brahmbatt, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Rich Hillman, Yarisa Jaroch, Brad Lunde, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, Yaikhomba Rajkumar, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudenmaier, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous two TC meetings were accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny reminded participants that ballots that are out; two are due Monday, one Tuesday.
  • John Rhoads led discussion of the RTM CPs. A ballot will be issued for approval.
  • Steve led discussion of MEM WP. A ballot will be issued to release for public comment.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to check with Lisa if CPs need to go to other domains.
4 Major Issues
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd reviewed existing major issues that are open and will be discussed in detail in future meetings:
- How optionality is tested and captured. He reviewed the discussion with Steve Moore and the upcoming discussion with Lisa Spellman. While Kudu isn’t set up for this Steve did agree to support a way to do this in January. This will permit companies to point to successful testing.
- Conformance testing for options will find its way into the users guide.
- Decisions related to choosing when to use ACM and DEC
- Verification and validation – Ken is developing a description of the regulatory meaning of these compared to what IHE and PCD accomplish.
- Rosetta mapping to minimize repetition of data in messages.
  • Next week’s meeting will be a joint PC/TC meeting to discuss coordination between profiles and .

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:

No changes except as noted.

  • 60: Update TF - Ken, John Rhoads, Todd will revise the TF to incorporate items already discussed. DEC will be updated with the options. Discussions will follow to determine how best to incorporate RTM, WCM in the TF.
  • 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
  • 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
  • 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
  • 79: Change Proposals -
  • 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
  • 82: OID for PCD -
  • 83: MOUs -
  • 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages -
  • 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
  • 86: Test Tools -
  • 87: IDCO -
  • 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
  • 89: Verify process for “public comment” period -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Agenda Items
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
7. Web vs ftp vs Google Group vs Wiki pages: some documents are not easy to post on Wiki pages, some companies don’t provide access to ftp sites, etc. John asked for comments on difficulties with the use of these. Comments included success with the ability to use Filezilla or help from company IT to access ftp. GGs seem to work for WGs while developing materials, and use of ftp for the more widely distributed document. John Garguilo noted difficulty in identifying the latest version on the ftp site. Dates in the document title don’t always indicate the latest. Also, there is difficulty finding documents. Todd suggested an Action Item to develop a Wiki page for this purpose.
8. WHIT was introduced. John Rhoads indicated that Philips may be interested.
*Preliminary agenda for F2F: suggestions were to start with PC, follow with Showcase, WGs and finally TC. Todd indicated this will be developed over the next few weeks.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Manny to ask Lisa if the Barcelona WHIT is the once a year program and what is happening in Asia. Move to PC.

Action(s):

  • John Rhoads and Manny will address this.


Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be August 26 PCD TC 2009-08-26 Webex

PCD Home