PCD TC 2009-07-15 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: July 1 meeting PCD TC 2009-07-01 Webex
- 3. IDCO Profile: Review Public Comment to Trial Implementation Versions (deferred)
- 4. Change Proposals
- - Proposals from Infusion Pump WG
- - CT Proposal (Cooper to ITI)
- - HL7 v2 ACK Proposal (Berge to ITI)
- 5. RTM Revision Status Update
- 6. Action Items
- 7. Additional Business
- 8. Next Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold in the action items list.
- Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
- Ruth Berge, Rita Brahmbhatt, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christopher Gessner, Chad Hays, Yarisa Jaroch, Jianguo Jiang, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, Mary Moewe, Monroe Pattillo, Yalkhomba Rajkumar, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudenmaier, Jan Wittenber, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting accepted
3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- Jeff Rinda summarized the PIV CPs.
- Significant changes:
- Add support for syringe pumps
- - Specifying certain fields, in follow up to Ruth’s questions at Connectathon, is found in the Usage Notes added to the Supplement.
- Discussion included:
- Piggyback mode exists in original version
- Issues regarding empty fields, e.g., required but may be empty, when a command may present a risk to the patient. Are fields Required But May Be Empty or Conditional or Optional. However, you cannot test Optional, so it will need to be R, RE or C.
- The Give Code identifies the medication, not the concentration.
- Paul suggested that future development address injected additional drugs (i.e., added to the IV line).
- This is an incremental step; the pump group will continue to work.
- Ruth led discussion of the Placer Multi OBR CP. This CP is intended to clarify but not change the multiple OBR case. It includes an example, using the ACK changes in Gary’s CP. The example is for two orders (RGV messages) which are combined in the BCMA. The example addresses several complexities, and this CP will be modified to conform to the latest update of Gary’s Enhanced ACK CP, and will include an error message.
- - Jeff asked if the message would have to be repeated if the order doesn’t reach the pump. Ruth responded that this is addressed in the ACK CP. She suggested that her CP omit the additional complexity of the failed instruction and leave the ACK issue to the other CP.
- - Paul asked if multiple OBRs are permitted in PCD-01 and if the multiple drug identifiers could be in OBXs, with multiple OBXs within a single OBRs since these relate to a single pump. Ruth responded that this is an HL7 requirement because the drug is the order, rather than ordering a containment channel with the drug in an OBX as an observation. Paul would like to see the drug in an OBX as well as in the OBR. Ruth responded that the OBR is what the physician would specify. Paul noted that there could be additional information, such as a bolus or a drug added to the infusate. He recommends including this in an OBX even if it duplicates the OBR. Jeff noted
- Those attending were in agreement that these CPs move to editing and then balloting. The CPs from the Infusion Pump WG are available
- John Rhoads described the next step – these CPs will be assigned to an editor and can continue to modify these CPs.
4 Action Items
Status/Discussion: Deferred to next meeting
- 60: Update TF -
- 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
- 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
- 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
- 79: Change Proposals -
- 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
- 82: OID for PCD -
- 83: MOUs -
- 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages -
- 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
- 86: Test Tools -
- 87: IDCO -
- 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
- 89: Verify process for “public comment” period -
The next TC meeting will be July 15 PCD TC 2009-07-29 Webex