PCD Pump 2012-03-14 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Time: 14:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes'
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review 2012.03.07 WebEx Discussion Notes
- 3. Review Updated Pump Summit F2F Agenda
- 4. Device Specialization Pre-Summit Preparation
- Volume 1:
- - Use Cases (from DS event comm scenarios)
- Volume 3:
- - Information Model + Term Set
- - Alarm Set w/ Evidentiary Data
- - Event Models
- 5. Transaction Numbering with Bound Content Modules?
- 6. Business Arising
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Jeff Rinda (Hospira)
- Participants: Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), Paul Elletson (Smiths), Al Engelbert (B.Braun), Don Gregg (Smiths), Bill Hawley (Intermountain), John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Schluter (GE), Erin Sparnon (ECRI)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda reviewed & approved
- Reviewed & approved notes from 2012.03.07 WebEx Discussion Notes
2 Pump Summit Update
Reviewed & updated the IHE PCD Infusion Pump Summit F2F Agenda
- WebEx will be provided for each session (in 1/2 day sections - see links above)
- Agenda adjusted esp. to include a more detailed IPEC discussion w/ LVP + to include a comm status update discussion
Todd will send out a reminder to provide RSVP info ASAP.
3 DS Info Collection
Todd reviewed approach for capturing needed pump information in advance of the Summit.
Information needed includes:
- High-level Use Cases (based on event comm Clinical Scenarios as a starting point)
- Terminology for each specialization
- Alarms + associated data for each specialization
- Events + associated parameters for each specialization
Discussion included trying to identify the right level of information to be included as use cases.
Todd will create some template spreadsheets to facilitate collection of the information. Though the primary focus is the syringe and PCA devices, he will include one for the LVP that will have sample information from IPEC and other PCD sources (e.g., hRTM).
4 Transaction Specialization
Question: When content modules for a device specialization are bound to a transaction (e.g., PCD-01) does that require a new transaction ID? How will the transaction (e.g., MSH) be modified to indicate its use for a given device specialization?
During the WebEx discussion as well as a subsequent discussion with the IHE PCD Technical Committee co-chairs, it was determined that ...
- a) Transactions should maintain their base identifier (e.g., PCD-01, PCD-04, PCD-10, etc.)
- b) MSH-21 should include OIDs defined for the content modules that constrain the message
This approach will be vetted with others within IHE (e.g., ITI) to determine if there are alternative approaches and / or if this approach is acceptable.
5 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting will be 2012.03.21.
- Topics <TBD>
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 14:00 (Eastern) on <TBD> (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on 2012.03.21