PCD Pump 2011-11-09 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Time: 14:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes'
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review & Approve Previous Meeting Notes
- 3. Review DS-IP Proposal Slide Deck - WORK IN PROGRESS
- 4. Open Discussion
- 5. Next Meeting Schedule & Agenda
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Jeff Rinda (Hospira)
- Participants: Todd Cooper (BSF), Al Engelbert (ProtoLink), Jack Hoffman (B.Braun), John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Schluter (GE)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda was reviewed and approved
2 Previous Meeting Review
- Notes from the previous meeting were reviewed and approved
- Reviewed updates to the wiki pages to capture infusion pump WG discussion notes and action items
3 DS-IP TF Slide Review
- Reviewed the slides being developed for "Technical Framework Considerations" around the DS-IP proposal
- The current slide set has captured the major topics from both the DS-IP brief profile proposal as well as IP WG and general PCD discussions in recent weeks on this same topic
- Paul suggested that we might include one or two slides that showed the level of detail that is captured by the IHE TF, especially in the Rosetta specification tables. Todd pointed out that though this could be easily added, the audience for the current slide set is IHE PCD members, who are already very familiar with the PCD TF. If the slides end up seeing broader distribution outside of PCD, then additional "background" content slides should be added, especially for those who may not realize the differences between the PCD TF and those of other domains.
4 Rosetta for Events/Alarms
- Paul provided an early "glimpse" at his work to add semantic content specifications to the existing Rosetta tables for both alarm and event semantics
- An early draft of a spreadsheet was presented (file: RTM-alarms-events.non-hierarchical.2a.xlsx) - work in progress!
- Document captures pump semantic content from IPEC in an Excel spreadsheet
- Spreadsheet includes ...
- - Associated containment level (e.g., MDS / VMD)
- - Alarm and / or Event Identifier (i.e., MDC_ label)
- - Any associated parameters
- Parameter specifications include ....
- - Containment requirements (a la Paul's RCH format)
- - Parameter ID (again, MDC_ labels)
- - Optionality / Cardinality indicators per parameter
- Additional extensions may include semantics such as alarm priorities or priority ranges
- Paul is working to complete a descriptive document to go with the spreadsheet.
5 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting will be Wednesday 2011.11.16.
- Topics will include discussion of a more complete slide set + the DS-General detailed profile proposal
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 14:00 (Eastern) on 2011.11.16 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on <TBD>