PCD Pump 2011-11-02 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Time: 14:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes'
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review Initial Device Specialization - Infusion Pump Content Profile Detailed Proposal
- 3. Discuss Harmonization of ACM and IPEC Content (per 2011.10 F2F discussion)
- 4. Open Discussion
- 5. Next Meeting Schedule & Agenda
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Jeff Rinda (Hospira)
- Participants: George Bertos (Baxter), Todd Cooper (BSF), Al Engelbert (ProtoLink), Jack Hoffman (B.Braun), John Rhoads (Philips), Erin Sparnon (ECRI), Khalid Zubaidi (CareFusion)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Didn't quite get the Agenda reviewed and approved ...
2 Detailed Proposal Review
Since the F2F in Kansas City (2011.10), Todd has started to create an DS-IP (Device Specialization - Infusion Pump) Detailed Work Item proposal based on:
- Brief Profile Proposal contents
- Discussions at the 2011.10 PCD F2F
Discussion focused on the first issue identified in that draft DS-IP document:
- Title: Device Specialization - Infusion Pump Content Profile
Questions focused on ...
- Is this a pure content value set specification or is it a profile?
- Profile implies definition of Actors, Transactions, and (optionally) Semantic Content
- If it is a content profile, do we need to define some "dummy" actors to be able to call out the content or leverage existing actors?
- What is done elsewhere in IHE technical frameworks (e.g., ITI and PCC)?
- Is one approach more efficient than the other? (i.e., easier to develop)
- Is one approach more extensible to other device modalities and profile usages than the other?
- What becomes a profile vs. an option? (not a black & white line)
- Etc. Etc. Etc.
- Formalize the work item objectives and options more clearly and validate with IHE experts (esp. Moore and Garguilo)
- Published initial draft of the DS-IP detailed proposal working document (Todd)
- Draft slide deck capturing DS-IP for presentation at next meeting (Todd)
- Review slides with Steve Moore before next meeting (Todd)
- Review slides with John Garguilo / NIST before next meeting (Todd)
5 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting will be Wednesday 2011.11.09.
- Topics will begin with a review of the DP-IP Detailed Proposal Slide Deck
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 14:00 (Eastern) on 2011.11.09 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on 2011.11.09