PCD PC 2012-10-10 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Planning Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Planning Committee August 15 PCD PC 2012-08-15 Webex; the PC meeting October 3 was cancelled.
- - Note additions to Reference section
- 3. Brief Workitem Proposals
- 4. DCC -
- 5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- 6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD
- 7. Standards Coordination
- 8. PC Action Item Review (last updated Aug. 15; continue with no. 116)
- 9. Other Business
- 10. Next and Recent Meetings
- - F2F
- - PC, TC
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- - The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- - Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
- Not Yet Published:
- IHE Webinars - http://ihe.net/Events/webinars2012.cfm
- Request for Brief Proposals: Email from Celina Roth Aug. 2 - Submit Brief Proposals by October 5, 2012
- Oct. F2F: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2012_Oct._16-19_F2F
- Chair: Steve Merritt
- Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Barrett Franklin, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Richard Lane, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
- Guest: Inhel Rekik
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted: Planning Committee August 15, 2012
3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
3. Brief Workitem Proposals:
- - Optimized Message Syntax – Ken described the proposals which addresses data communication through the slower RS232 connection. Paul suggested that PCD consider Continua’s approach which seeks minimal message size and offered several considerations. These will be considered if the work goes forward.
- - Device Specialization, Physiologic Monitor – Todd indicated this will be based upon the concepts employed in the infusion pump specialization. John Garguilo suggested that the use cases employed in the device specialization efforts will also serve to identify gaps in the DIM. John Garguilo and Paul noted several benefits to standards development (e.g., containment table) resulting from these specialization efforts. John Garguilo will develop a graphical representation of the process.
- - Device Specialization, Ventilator – Todd
- - DPI White Paper – Todd noted that the DPI work has been approved, but not actively supported. The WP will lay the foundation for implementation of some DPI messaging in time for the 2014 Connectathon.
- - DPI DnA Discovery and Association - Todd
- - DPI DR Data Reporting - Todd
4. DCC: Deferred
5. Marketing: Deferred
6. Calendar: Deferred
7. Standards Coordination: Deferred
8. Action Item Review: Deferred: Start with 116 next time.
9. Other Business
- - None.
The next meetings are:
Face to Face, Boca Raton
PC&TC Joint Meeting October 24, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-10-24 Webex
PC October 31, 2012 PCD PC 2012-10-31 Webex