PCD PC 2012-03-28 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: PCD PC 2012-03-14 Webex
- 3. Profile/Supplement Development
- - Timetable: Patient Care Device
- - Breaking news from the Pump Summit in AFC
- 4. April F2F
- 5. AAMI Mini-Showcase
- - Posters
- 6. Action Item Review (Feb. 1 reviewed to 116)
- 7. Next and Recent Meetings
- - Meetings leading to and following the F2F
- 8. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Sam Carello, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Profile/Supplement Development:
- - ACM working diligently to prepare for the one day summit.
- - Pump Summit is meeting in San Diego, making progress. Discussion yesterday included how to treat device specialization – separate profiles/supplements or other? This has implications for realistic testing in the Connectathon and how to address devices that implement a device specialization but the EMR doesn’t. John Garguilo suggested that a different actor may solve this problem. Todd discussed a slide and provided a link to notes from yesterday’s meeting that proposes “grouped and fused” actors with relevant transactions. Vendors can test profiles independently and/or a grouped collection. Todd reviewed the agenda for today’s and tomorrow’s meetings.
- - ADQ meeting regularly.
- - PCIM – Robert will meet remotely in the Pump Summit.
4. April F2F
- - Ken led a brief discussion of the proposed agenda.
5. AAMI Mini-Showcase
- - Progress continues.
- - No meeting following F2F, joint meeting May 9
- - F2F April 24 – 27, with an alarm meeting Monday April 26 in San Diego at CareFusion.
- - Pump meeting March 27 – 29 in San Diego at CareFusion.
- - WHIT meeting will take place in Denmark.
4 Announcements and Other Business
- As Noted
- - AAMI – FDA meeting last week: Ken and John Garguilo participated on panels. Ken discussed the importance of the time stamp (CT profile) and John discussed sustainability – the importance of standards and constraints. John noted that there was another session on interoperability led by Jeff Pascoe. Another presentation, by Richard Cook promoted classifying software as Class 3 devices.
The next meetings are:
PC April 11, 2012 PCD PC 2012-04-11 Webex
TC April 4, 2012 PCD TC 2012-04-04 Webex