PCD PC 2011-11-02 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee October 26 PCD PC&TC 2011-10-26 Webex focused on the TC; and the F2F meeting PCD PC&TC 2011-10-18 to 21 F2F
- 3. Action Items from F2F
- 4. Stakeholder Survey
- 5. PCD Strategic Priorities
- 6. HIMSS12
- 7. Action Item Review
- 8. Next and Recent Meetings
- 9. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
Sam Carello, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, Janine Purcell (VA Patient Safety Office), John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Erin Sparnon, Ioana Singureanu, Brian Witkowski (Epic), Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
- Chair: Steve Merritt
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved with replacements: Survey and the PCD Strategic Priorities requested by the IHE Board. There are six priorities for PCD and 8 which are joint initiatives with other IHE domains currently in process or planned.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Steve thanked Cerner again for hosting the F2F.
Review of the F2F PC Discussion Summary:
- Manny to check for complete posting, follow up with authors if missing.
- Janine suggested PCD establish a liaison with the AAMI Human Factors committee regarding alarm management. Monroe will follow up.
Action Items from F2F:
- Action Items were discussed, and added to the Action Item page.
Stakeholder Survey (discussed before the F2F Action Items)
- Steve briefly reviewed the proposed survey. It was distributed to the PC for comment during the F2F meeting. It will be sent to HIMSS Analytics for distribution following today’s meeting.
- Steve discussed the list and the consensus was that it was complete. It will be sent to the Board.
The next meetings are:
PC November 16, 2011 PCD PC 2011-11-16 Webex
TC November 9, 2011 PCD TC 2011-11-09 Webex