PCD PC&TC F2F 2017 Oct 3-5 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home


Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:
- Center for Medical Interoperability
8 City Boulevard, Suite 203 | Nashville, TN 37209
(615) 257-6400
- Meeting rooms Rooms 206-207
- Parking - P2 in the garage
- Contact: Elizabeth Cuccias email: ecuccias@center4mi.org
Hotel: Per Committee decision, there is no group booking. The following are Hotel options provided:
- Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End- 1901 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203 Phone: (615) 327-9900
- Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Dwtn)- 2613 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203 Phone: (615) 327-4707
- Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University- 2555 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203 Phone: (615) 321-1300
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt- 2400 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203 Phone: (615) 340-8000
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Vanderbilt-Elliston Place - 2330 Elliston Place, Nashville, TN 37203 Phone: (615) 320-6060
- Extended StayAmerica Nashville – Vanderbilt – Address: 311 West End Ave, Nashville, TN Phone 866-599-6674 $147/night (grab n go bkfst, advance purchase, studio, queen bed)
- Comfort Inn West – Address: 412 White Bridge Place, Nashville, TN Phone: 855-809-3507 $108/night (hot breakfast, microwave, refrigerator, 2 double beds)


Dates
Tuesday October 3: Pump Working Group
Wednesday October 4 morning: PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday October 4 afternoon: Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Thursday October 5: PCD Technical Committee


Daily Schedule -
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at CMI, Nashville, TN
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 Central Time each day.
08:30 - 10:15 Session #1
10:30 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:15 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
198 Draft EC overview for Tech Framework
199 SFT Segment

Webex

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The HIMSS Webex page is [here]

Tuesday morning, October 3: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 923 637 837

Tuesday Afternoon, October 3: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 928 375 011

Wednesday morning, October 4: PC: Meeting Number: 927 478 760

Wednesday afternoon, October 4: Joint PC, TC: Meeting Number: 928 943 533

Thursday morning October 5: TC: Meeting Number: 926 413 776

Thursday afternoon October 5: TC: Meeting Number: 924 373 261

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [ftp site] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 (Pump Workgroup)

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday 08:30 - 17:00 Pump workgroup
  • Morning (08:30-12:30)


  • Lunch (12:30-13:00)
  • Afternoon (13:00-17:00)


  • 17:00 > Meeting Adjournment

Wednesday October 4, 2017

Date Hours Committees Topics


Wednesday Q1 08:30 - 10:15 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 09:00 > Need for new PC CoChair
  • 09:15 > Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Al E)
- IPEC (Al E)
- EC (John R)
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
- OMS (Ken F)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
Break 10:15 - 10:30 AM
Wednesday Q2 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)(Cont)
  • 10:30 > Continue reviewing current PCD programs
- RDQ (John R)
- DPI (John R)
- PCIM (John R)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry Integration Supplement(Completed)??
Who is interested in this going to FT?
- Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
  • 11:30 > Action item Discussion
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey
  • Location, Dates of the PCD 2018 Spring F2F
  • Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
IHE 2018 Publication Schedule [1]
  • 12:30 > Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC) Meeting
Lunch 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Wednesday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
  • 1:30 > Start Joint PC/TC meeting
  • Note: Will tour CMI during this session, so will adjust times as needed.
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
  • 1:45 >
- Review & Approve Joint PC & TC Agenda
- Review prior PC & TC Meeting Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2017-09-27 Webex
  • 2:00 >
HL7 meeting proceedings (John Rhoads) HL7 Minutes
  • 11073 Nomenclature and LOINC
  • Devices on FHIR
PCD Cochair Terms (Paul Sherman)


Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
  • IHE 2018 NA Connectathon
  • HIMSS 2018 Interoperability Showcase
Wednesday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD PC&TC Cont)
  • 3:15 > AAMI Interoperability Experience (Wil Vargas)
Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
  • 3:30 > Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Monroe P)
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
MEM LS (Monroe P)
RDC (Monroe P)
DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
PIV (Al E)
DEC (John R)
OMS (Ken F)
DPI (John R)
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
Physio monitor (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
PCIM (John R)

Adjourn TC for the day


Thursday October 5, 2017

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Q1 08:30 - 9:45 AM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 08:30 > Continue PCD Technical Committee (TC)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
- Intellectual Property Requirements
- IHE IP Management Process
- Continue Program review
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
RTM (Paul Schluter)
EC (John R)
- Standards Coordination
HL7
Nomenclature (Paul Schluter)
PCHA/Continua (Paul Schluter)
Break 09:45 - 10:00 AM
Thursday Q2 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • POI Final Text process discussion
Information from Celina and Chris Carr
Feedback from other Domains (Paul Sherman)
  • Tool Review (John G)
  • 11:00 CMI Update and Collaboration discussion
IHE Intellectual Property Requirements
- IHE IP Management Process
  • 12:00 TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
198 Draft EC overview for Tech Framework
199 SFT Segment
Lunch 12:30 - 1:30 PM
Thursday Q3 1:30 - 3:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 > Events and Alerts Nomenclature (Paul Schluter)
  • 2:00 >
Break 3:00 - 3:15 PM
Thursday Q4 3:15 - 5:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 3:15 > Proposal Review
  • 4:00 > F2F Action Review (from this week)
  • 4:45 > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


|}

Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.
Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Webex Support

Webex will likely be available for those who could not attend in person. The links will be provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Participants

Tuesday, October 3

On Site:


Remote:


Wednesday, October 4

On Site:


Remote:


Thursday, October 5

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Tuesday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 General Discussion
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed IHE IP Management Process
Attendees:


Decisions/Issues:

Terminology

PIV workflow Action(s): See above

Wednesday Morning

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Monroe reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Need for new PC CoChair
Monroe is beyond term limits. Bob Gold is interested, but awaiting OK from Philips. Paul Sherman will assemble a nomination and election when that is resolved.
Kurt is due for second term. We have quorum to elect him to a second term.
- Verbal election – Kurt elected to second term.
  • Review current PCD programs (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
ACM (Monroe P) – Details in presentation on Webex.
- ACM in FT. Need to increase alerts with device LS info. Need more AC vendors, Monroe pushing for IHE creating a virtual AC. Would like WCM data included. Some support for mACM, but they are moving away from patient safety, so don’t recommend using them for patient or device alerts. Discussion of resources available to support. Our focus is on actionable actions, while mACM is status and information.
MEM DMC (Monroe P) Details in presentation on Webex.
- 11073 updates sent to Paul Schluter. Monroe met with device testing vendors at AAMI. They’re just starting to upload info to CMMS systems.
MEM LS (Monroe P) - Details in presentation on Webex.
- Terms sent to Paul Schluter, will update TI. Goal – FT the year after nomenclature is normative. Dalibor is our rep to the IEEE group.
MEMRDC (Monroe ) - Details in presentation on Webex.
DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R)
- No major updates. Mostly taking care of errors and additions. A mature profile
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- Have a weekly Tcon, adding capabilities. Working on alert notifications and vocabulary from implant to monitor. They’ve ID’d about 12 categories, but allow individual messages within that. Works well for them. Working on about 8 major categories of new info. Good support in Europe. Discussion of sending via ACM.
PIV (Al E)
- Met yesterday. Worked on terminology and definitions, got through 2/3 – 3/4. Other topics – send order specific limits PCD-03 for physician boluses. Want to update some FT terms, is that OK? Updates not encouraged, but clarifications are a bit easier. Harmonizing OK. Many are grammatical and updating due to advances in the practice. Discussed the process involved and the methods to get them into RTMMS and NIST terminology. Do synonym changes propagate into the NIST testing tools? Yes. Extended discussion of process to add terms to MDC/REFID, RTMMS, IEEE11073 and NIST tools. Challenge – awaiting personal health devices group to agree on universal terms.
IPEC (Al E) – See above, is in TI. IPEC doesn’t depend upon nomenclature to move forward. Tried to externalize the terms. It’s been tested enough to go into FT. Feel free to submit a CP when the WG is ready to move it forward.
EC (John R) – Will discuss at TC, remove from future PC
WCM (Paul Schluter)
- Need numeric codes for about 12 attributes. DEC and ACM use, DEC has demonstrated.
OMS (Ken F)
- Not going anywhere, available for use.
RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Lot of work done. Have more vent terms coming in. Infusion and dialysis getting there. Alerts and events doing quite well – 800 event terms so far, more likely. Currently working 3tuples, goal of complete clinical message for end user.
RDQ (John R)
- Dormant, Devices on FHIR want it there. V2 queries work well in many domains. Doesn’t need re-invented, but some only want to implement in FHIR. Likely an easier fit for extracting via FHIR: Device > DEC > Repository > FHIR > Consumer. Need someplace to store it.
DPI (John R) (need to fill from recording)
- Tool that builds a detailed XML representation. NIST has addressed many of the models and terms for IEEE compliance. Can create additional volumes (3, 4, 5..?) that can be process and device specific. Foresees PCD WGs defining some of these models and constrained sets. The tools may be able to create a FHIR model. Have open source terms and software to implement models and actors. Question of IP regarding vendor-specific implementations. Extensive discussion
PCIM (John R)
- White Paper came out, going to supplement. Thanks to Doug Pratt and Megan Tetlow for working heavily on this. Want to get this out ASAP for a non-NA Connectathon. EMR vendors seem most interested, some others are interested as well. Can Implement with individual features…
DEC Pulse Oximetry Integration Supplement(Completed) ??
- It can be formatted with some effort to fit in the framework. Will discuss specific status and work at the TC and determine if anyone currently active is interested in completing the work. Need to determine which info goes into which TF. Are there POI specific fields in NIST? No. The PC is in consensus that it’s not ready, the work needs done, but need to have volunteers to finish the work. Without those volunteers, it won’t happen.
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.) – already covered in PIV discussion
Physio monitor (John R)
- Rudimentary model in TI, some interest in expanding. Not enough resources to move it forward yet. Devices on FHIR has some aspirations to build a similar bridge. Once FHIR work has advanced enough, PCD could look at our work to help show how they match.
Vent (Paul Schluter)
- Similar state as monitors. Waiting for more vent and alert progress, can add them. Not quite there yet, but he has implemented 6 models – it’s doable.
  • 11:10 > Action item Discussion
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation
- Cookbook updated, sent to cochairs. Got some feedback, will work on it. It’s more than just ACM, a pretty significant update. Hope to review again on Thursday. Set for Nov PC meeting.
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey (Paul Sherman)
- Discussed with Jeremiah at IHE how they execute surveys. IHE uses Google Forms; We can create the surveys, then send links to any groups we want that may have input. Paul plans to meet with Jeremiah next week to assemble the surveys. Note: Rob Wilder assemled them in Google Forms during this meeting and has shared them with Paul for review and completion. Follow up at next PC meeting.
  • Location, Dates of the PCD 2018 Spring F2F
Dates – April 10-12, same format as this meeting.
Location to be determined, possibly west coast.
- Review IHE Milestones from now until Pre-Connectathon
IHE 2018 Publication Schedule [2]
Preparing for Pre-CN.
- PCIM profile come out as new TI, need to set dates – propagate from 2017 dates.
- Updates – IPEC to FT, which would trigger TF update.
- Whitepapers can come out any time, currently zero
- Accepting new proposals until 10/5, will review and accept by December 8
- Would like Profile and TF update later in year, propose last week of Sep, the 28th.
- Repub - 1 update
Will review in detail at next PC call.


Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Wednesday Afternoon

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Introductions
Reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Reviewed & approve Agenda (10 minutes)
Reviewed and approve PC/TC Meeting discussion summary
Reviewed PCD Calendar and Update "PCD ftp site [[3]]"

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Sept 27 PC/TC summary approved
3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
1:15 > CMI Introduction and tour
1:45 > Commence Joint PC&TC meeting
  • Introduction
IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
Reviewed & Approved Joint PC & TC Agenda
Reviewed and approved prior PC & TC Meeting Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2017-09-27 Webex
HL7 meeting proceedings (John Rhoads) HL7 Minutes
- PoCD and PCH updates in Bennett’s presentations.
- IC2800 – should be balloted mid 2018. Recommend looking at it.
- ICE – has moved from ASTM to AAMI
- Much discussion of cybersecurity in Healthcare. Currently meeting monthly to review and update.
- 11073 Nomenclature and LOINC
- Devices on FHIR - Consistency with PCD and existing terminology is essential. Weekly 9AM Eastern meetings to work on these challenges. Wide range of devices used in home care, including acute care types, need to start developing for those as well. Discussion of 11073/LOINC nomenclature.
PCD Cochair Terms (Paul Sherman)
- Due to some turnover and logistical challenges, some terms are expiring together. Paul would like to work with the co-chairs to ‘reset’ the terms. The Committees’ consensus is to do this.
  • IHE 2018 NA Connectathon
Plug-a-thons this time: Internet of Medical Things, Devices on FHIR, Blockchain and MHealth.
- Discussion of what these will entail and how much is reinventing what we already have. Many vendors have their own names for similar IoT projects. These are concepts being tried out, what people can come up with.
  • HIMSS 2018 Interoperability Showcase
Phil should have sent vendors vignette information. Restructured the floor a little: Small vendor demo area. Use cases have no numbers, just names, and will map to vignettes. 70% loaded, some new participants without CN experience – could be a challenge for them. Weekly webexes will start in November.
3:30 Adjourn PCD Joint Planning & Technical Committee (PC & TC)
3:30 Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Monroe P) – Details in Monroe’s presentation (on ftp site)
- 4 approved CPs, NIST will have tools to verify PCD-04 attributes. Still asking for AC simulator. RTM working on Alerts and Events,
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Some MDCs/REFIDs
MEM LS (Monroe P)
- Nomenclature updates
RDC (Monroe P)
- Whitepaper underway. Safety and security issues are a separate discussion. Define 1st in HL7, then maybe FHIR. Discussed name, will change from ‘Communication’ to ‘Command. Will define a baseline to build on. Reviewed initial cases; ‘Shelving’/pausing, Clear volume infused, Unlock device panel.
IHE PCD Cookbook
- Hope to have it ready by the end of the meeting.
RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Slides will be available on ftp site. Review of ACM and RTM groups are doing. Showed much of this at RTM meeting. Numeric parameters – it would be nice to include pump work. New DMC and LS terms. Many alert and event terms will be added. Dialysis making progress, chose to go with 11073. Likely punt on OR devices. Hemodynamic making good progress. More thorough review of Events and Alerts – list extended to support RTM work. Are most of these agreed upon by vendors and work group? Yes, pretty much. There are some exceptions. Further extensive review of how the process works and current progress. Will post summary.
DEC (updated PCD TF) (John R) – Not much to update this time
IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
- Have two CPs to submit for this cycle and a couple for next cycle as well.
Ballot 133 – Additional PIV pump error codes – approved at this meeting.
Ballot 134 - Delete TF descriptive text for RXG-1 – approved at this meeting.
- Want to add terms for pumps, additions to the existing list, acknowledgements of errors. It would be nice to have these in there.
PIV (Al E)
- Discussed bolus infusion while infusion in progress (bolus from bag).
EC (John R)
WCM (Paul Schluter)
- Need to pull the switch and put in the code.
OMS (Ken F) – Nothing more there.
DPI (John R) -Nothing more at this time.
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
Physio monitor (John R) – Nothing new there
Vent (Paul Schluter) - Nothing more at this time.
PCIM (John R) - Nothing more at this time.


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):



Thursday

Action(s):
Item Topic Discussion
1 TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
IHE IP Management Process
Announcements –
- Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)


Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • 8:30 > Re-Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
- IHE IP Management Process
- Intellectual Property Requirements
  • Continue program review
IDCO (Paul Schluter) – full presentation on ftp site
- Current pacers are also small monitors (reference – Fountains of Paradise, Arthur C. Clarke). They work closely with cardio societies. Reviewed next version of IDC nomenclature. Fair number of terms dealing with lead condition. Reviewed therapy terms.
RTM (Paul Schluter G)
- Provided overview, participation and benefits. One issue – Several use RTMMS. Challenge – delays assigning numeric codes, delays in timely code developement. Struggle to balance it with a ‘free for all’ with no review at all. Have a proposed process: Proposed > Provisional > Published. It would cut months of delay.
EC (John Rhoads)
- For IPEC to have a sibling, it needs a parent. Laying out ground rules will help as new participants come on. Monroe is currently providing guidance ad hoc. Suggest providing EC general approaches and device specific approaches. A Venn diagram may help. Will events need a different format from R01? Monroe came across that in ACM, ended up with R40. Is there a benefit to generalizing IPEC as a model for EC then making it the first ‘child’? Limited – there are a lot more cases than IPEC doesn’t address. Would each become a Profile or additions to existing profiles in Vol3? Likely will be a general Profile (ECM), then device implementations would be Volume 3. What’s used in other Domains? Start with another case to get it going, then expand from there? Yes, to an extent, we have a model in IPEC. Anything that reduces the distance between the idea and testing is good. Do we have a set list to start with? That will be part of the homework. A good parallel between this and FHIR – Define resources, profile it, outline what is usable.
  • HIMMS Showcase webinar today – Basically for newbies, but vendors not already signed up could attend. Do we need to participate? If you do plan to be at the Showcase, need to pay up soon.
  • Standards Coordination – Already well covered.
  • POI Final Text process discussion
Information from Celina and Chris Carr - Reviewed message
Feedback from other Domains - Paul Sherman has contacted other Domain Secretaries for their experience with this type of issue. No response yet, but Paul will share when received.
TC is confident we are doing all we reasonably can. Currently there are no active POI SMEs to take this to completion. Monroe’s experience with ACM is similar; it sat in limbo for two years until he picked it up and took it to FT. There are currently no willing resources to take POI to FT.
  • Tool Review (John G) – presentation will be on ftp site
Nick working on tools, driven by Thursday meetings, useful in Vol 3 and 4. Provided links to tooling. Annual cycles – currently in cycle 12, starts in April. Support other countries’ Connectathons. Overview of Pre-Connectathon. Black box testing, 151 users. Required for new participants. Paul Sherman annually adds test cases, which NIST then incorporates.
  • CMI Update and Collaboration discussion
IHE Intellectual Property Requirements
- IHE IP Management Process
Overview of CMI and what they are working on. Discussion of how to collaborate. Some discussion with Epic on the receiving end and scenarios that affect them. Providing background on how the IHE compliant messages move into EMRs. Discussion of test compliance. Discuss how to collaborate, IHE compliance vs. conformity and certification. IHE compliance is a good start in the process. What’s important to do 1st. Provided CMI with info on how we test, how to ID which vendors have tested, when and what profiles they tested. IHE and HIMSS are working on certification programs. Sumanth has some items that CMI would like to have more information on.
  • UCUM Units of Measure (Paul Schluter)
Also establishing HL7 and FHIR groups with term repositories. A few other groups have validation tools. Found a few errors recently. Paul will provide the details so vendors can check their messages for these errors. He’ll work with NIST to correct them.
  • Events and Alerts Nomenclature (Paul Schluter) – Already covered under other sessions.
Will rely on source and the event to look up anything.
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
- Has to do with abnormal flags. Found three needing work. Validated and put in tool. Contacted Ted Klein, moving forward. Should be completed Nov 29. Set to Dec TC.
198 Draft EC overview for Tech Framework – Due Nov 1
199 SFT Segment – No update, move to Nov meeting
  • Proposal Review
No submitted Proposals by this date.
  • F2F Action Review (from this week)
Cochairs and Paul Sherman will re-align Cochair term dates
Paul Sherman will complete ‘paperwork’ part of ballots.
  • 2:00 > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


Decisions/Issues:


Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC: PCD PC&TC 2017-10-11 Webex

TC: PCD TC 2017-11-01 Webex

PC: PCD PC 2017-11-08 Webex