PCD PC&TC F2F 2016 April 18-22 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:

Meeting Location:

BD San Diego Tech Center
6055 Lusk Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121
Hotel Arrangements
-Hotel Name: Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Reservation Link


Dates - Preliminary committee schedule:

Monday April 18 Pump WG meeting - terminology discussion
Tuesday April 19 PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday April 20 morning: Joint PC, TC - Tentative
Wednesday April 20 afternoon through Thursday EOD: PCD Technical Committee
Friday, April 22 morning Pump WG meeting
Daily Schedule - Placeholder
- 08:00 - 08:30 Meet at BD, San Diego, CA
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 Pacific Time each day.
- 08:30 - 10:30 Session #1
- 11:00 - 12:30 Session #2
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
- 13:30 - 15:00 Session #3
- 15:30 - 17:00 Session #4



Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

Webex

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

[Webex Meeting Link]

Monday morning, April 18 Pump WG: Meeting Number: 926 653 443

Monday afternoon: April 18: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 923 086 257

Tuesday morning, April 19: PC: Meeting Number: 929 335 299

Tuesday afternoon, April 19: PC: Meeting Number: 929 372 675

Wednesday morning, April 20: Joint PC&TC: Meeting Number: 926 533 284

Wednesday afternoon, April 20: TC: Meeting Number: 920 107 246

Thursday morning April 21: TC: Meeting Number: 921 410 129

Thursday afternoon April 21: TC: Meeting Number: 926 927 475

Friday morning April 22: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 928 903 372

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when established will be found at Meeting FTP site unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

PCD Schedule/Deadline Information: Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Monday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Monday

2016 April 18

08:30 - 17:00 Pump Workgroup Meeting
  • 08:30 > Pump Workgroup (lunch will be catered)
- Introductions
- Review and update agenda
- IHE IP Management Process
- Action items/next steps


Tuesday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday Morning

2016 April 19

08:30 - 12:30 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 08:30 > Introduction
- Greeting & Introductions (20 minutes)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (Patillo/Elliason 10 minutes)
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
- Review Discussion Summary Last PC Meeting PCD_PC_2016-04-06_Webex
  • 09:15 > Review Current PCD Program:
- Open Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation (Monroe)
168 Stakeholder Survey (Paul, Juuso)
  • 10:30 - 10:45 > Break
  • 10:45 - 11:15 > 2016 Development Calendar
  • 11:15 - 12:30 > IHE PCD Long Term Calendar


  • 12:30 LUNCH
Tuesday Afternoon

2016 April 19

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 13:30 - 14:00 > Approved programs for 2016-2017 cycle 10
- PCD Workflow profile
- Integration Profiles for OR.NET
  • 14:00 - 15:00 > MEMDMC Remote Command and Control - Security and Safety
  • 15:00 - 15:15 > Break
  • 15:15 - 16:00 > IHE cross domain, cross profile workflow management WG
  • 16:00
  • Adjourn PC Meeting

Wednesday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Wednesday Morning

2016 Apr 20

08:30 - 12:30 Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 08:45 > IHE International Board Update - (Todd Cooper)
  • 9:45 > HIMSS Showcase Update (30 Min) (Monroe)
  • 10:15 > Break
  • 10:30 > Location, Dates of the Fall F2F
  • Elections
  • Cochair Action Item: Write Papers promoting PCD
Change title to be more general?
  • May PC, TC Meeting Schedule
  • 11:00
  • 11:45 Secure HL7v2 (Tom K)
  • 12:15 > Adjourn Joint Planning and Technical Committee
  • 12:30 > LUNCH
Wednesday Afternoon

2016 Apr 20

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 14:00 > Proposal for future injection monitor profile (Steve Prince, BD)
  • 15:00 > Break
  • 15:15 Review of ongoing work
  • RDQ
  • WCM
  • MEMLS Update
  • MEMDMC Update

Thursday

Date Hours Committees Topics
Thursday Morning

2016 Apr 21

08:30 - 12:30 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 8:30 IHE IP Management Process
  • 8:45 Action Items
  • 9:00 It's back! Containment and OBX-3, with presentations by Paul Schluter and Malcolm Clarke
  • 10:00 Point-of-Care Identity Management (Stan Wiley and Doug Pratt on Webex)
  • 10:30 > Break
  • 10:45 > Remaining Action Items
118 Implementation Guide (John Garguilo)
195 MSH3 Ack at Connectathon (John Garguilo)
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 (John Garguilo)
Administrative items:
- TF, CP, and general document versioning (Jeff, John)
GitHub Repository
Action Item Repository
FTP Site Management process
AI 186 Review and reformat ftp site (Jeff McGeath, Paul Sherman)
  • 11:30 P11073-20702 update (West Health, C4MI?)
  • 12:00 Lunch
Thursday Afternoon

2016 Apr 21

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
Discussion of NIST's Wireless Infusion Pump project (Gavin O'Brien, via webex)
  • 1:45 AAMI Interoperability Demo (Manny, Deb Reuter)
  • 2:45 > Break
  • 3:00 Additional Items
  • 4:00 Review Notes - wrap up, leftover items
  • 5:00 > Adjourn

Friday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Friday

2016 Apr 22

08:30 - 12:30 Pump Workgroup Meeting
  • Proposed new terms (these were uadded during Tuesday pump discussion)
- Delayed start - remaining time
- PCA - number of patient doses denied
- PCA - lockout status
  • Proposed new PIV error messages
- PCA - Lockout interval not supplied for Patient dose
- Patient weight required for weight-based dosing unit
- Patient height and weight or BSA required for BSA-based dosing unit
  • PIV extension to support loading dose, multistep, bolus
  • CP - include drug library limits in OBX-7
  • Pump events related to MEM-DMC profile
  • IPEC promotion from Supplement to Technical Framework
  • TF Vol 3 content update
  • Terminology - next steps
  • Action items/next steps


Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.

Webex Support

Webex will be available for those who cannot attend in person. The links are provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights. Note: For security, the password is in the emails.

Call in numbers:

1-866-469-3239 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-429-3300 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)


Tuesday Morning

Meeting Link
Meeting number: 929 335 299


Tuesday Afternoon

Meeting Link
Meeting Number: 929 372 675


Wednesday Morning

Meeting Link
Meeting number: 926 533 284


Wednesday Afternoon

Meeting Link
Meeting number: 920 107 246


Thursday Morning

Meeting Link
Meeting number: 921 410 129


Thursday Afternoon

Meeting Link
Meeting number: 926 927 475

Participants

Monday, April 18

On Site:


Remote:

Tuesday, April 19

On Site:

Shantam Chamb (?), Olivier Coeffic, Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Ken Fuchs, Tom Kowalczyk, Dennis Krabbe, Dave Mussott, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajec, Steven Prince, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, TJ Root, Paul Schluter, Megan Tetlow, Rishi Venugopal, Brian Witkowski,

Remote:

Paul Sherman, Stan Wiley, John Garguilo


Wednesday, April 20

On Site:

Shantam Chamb (?), Olivier Coeffic, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Ken Fuchs, Tom Kowalczyk, Dennis Krabbe, Dave Mussott, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajec, Steven Prince, John Rhoads, TJ Root, Paul Schluter, Megan Tetlow, Rishi Venugopal, Brian Witkowski,

Remote (morning, PC & TC):

Paul Sherman, John Garguilo, Manny Furst, Jeff Rinda, Todd Cooper

Remote (afternoon, TC):

Paul Sherman, John Garguilo, Manny Furst, Jeff Rinda, Todd Cooper, Ted Cohen

Thursday, April 21

On Site:

Shantam Chamb (?), Olivier Coeffic, Paul Elletson, Kurt Elliason, Al Englebert, Ken Fuchs, Tom Kowalczyk, Dennis Krabbe, Dave Mussott, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajec, Steven Prince, John Rhoads, TJ Root, Paul Schluter, Megan Tetlow, Rishi Venugopal, Brian Witkowski,

Remote:

Paul Sherman, John Garguilo, Manny Furst, Jeff Rinda, Jan Wittenber, Stan Wiley, Uwe Meyer, Chris Courville, Malcolm Clarke, Doug Pratt, Bob Flanders, Sue Wang, JJS(?), Robert Smigielski, Deb Reuter


Friday, April 22

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Monday

Placeholder

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next steps


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Tuesday

Planning Committee Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
- Any issues with PCD in the past? Some issues with jpeg and png IP in the past.
- There was one in the past, hasn't been fully resolved yet.
- If you're aware of any patents that may affect PCD, please let us know.

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted: Planning Committee April 6

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:


  • 08:55 > Review Current PCD Program:
- Open Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation (Monroe)
- (Get Monroe's slides) Will be in cycle by July timeframe.
168 Stakeholder Survey (Paul, Juuso)
- Not enough resources available to pursue this right now. Should split into two Action items, new one to create survey and leave this one as execution.
- 2016 Development Calendar review
One new/republished supplement in schedule, but will likely have more. Draft out July 8, closes Aug 5.
-Good strategy: use the WP as a basis for the TI, and uses appendix
- Steve Prince - New profiles? Deadline passed. A new idea should start as WP, if it goes well, then can be a TI next round. Steve will discuss at TC meeting. Only TI that should go in TF would be IPEC. Will need to review and see if it's ready.
- Dalibor: Demo'd a new ACM implementation involving MEMLS at showcase, does it need a profile? Not necessary, it's an implementation of existing profiles in multiple use cases. How is it added? Added as a clarification to WGs and can be added to the TF. Bring it up at ACM or LS calls next week.
- IHE PCD Long Term Calendar
RDQ - limited implementation so far, not enough to put it in Final text. DOCs often store it in therir own way. Could be implemented at receiving end. EHR often have a way to store it themselves. Moved to 2017
SPD/DOF, PCD-02 - Not at FT, limited implementation, likely not to be at FT this year. May be more popular with WCM implementation. Moved to 2017
Profile specific options updated for 2017.
Smart Alarms - another alarm fatigue strategy, stays at 2017.
IPEC at FT EC - Not much discussion so far. How much effort to move this forward? Need CN activities to test it. Is there a diagram that outlines the steps needed? If you go to IHE wiki and look at 'process' on left, it has some rules, etc. Needs TC review, then PC review, then can be added. Can remove some options to get into FT, then implement those options later. Need to be aware of nomenclature maturity. Generally a judgment call. Will leave this as is for now, review again at fall F2F.
Specializations. Already in XML,very hard to update in Word. To manage, needs to be in XML.
Device Order Mgmnt
Joint Pharm-PCD Med Admin WP - If not done by fall F2F, will set to 2017
MEM
MEMDMC WP on remote device command and control added. WP approved
Cybersecurity published 2015, next one not for a while, will need info from Axel.
POC
UML model for IEEE 11073-10201 NIST managing, progress, will review at fall F2F
Added new item - DIM and containment model editor. VOL 3 main focus. NIST managing, coming along, one person working on it. Work in process.
DMC WP on remote Command and Control. (IEEE and AAMI also active on this).
Symmetric Pump Comms - some discussion of impact.
Content Management
IEEE - LOINC mapping - It's happening
RTM for Alerts/Events - work continues into 2017.
WCM TI - update as resources allow, hopefully by June.
Pump specializatons - TF vol 3 items, terminology work underway, pretty comprehensive, will save for fall F2F.
Vent specializations - Will create in RTMMS and XML format (not for Vol 3). Unsure where they will be stored.
Coordination Efforts
Continua looking at Command and Control, maybe over different transport layer.
Meaningful Use - Comments to ONC
Cross Domain/DCC activities - Cross domain WG on workflow.
Much ICE activity moving to AAMI WG3.
Quality
80001 amendment on alarms.
IEC 60601-1-? New doc for alarm distribution
IEC 60601 - Potential smart alarming standard, moved to 2017.
Questions?
- Some requests for interfaces available. Epic getting some questions. Paul Schluter explained.

Update from NIST (John G)

- Not involved with Concert. HIMSS likely to use existing standards and NIST tools. Providing Conformity Assessment Committee (CAsC) with integration profiles, PCD-01 and PCD-03. Providing some post CN tools to them. Discussion of getting conformance statements into TF.
- Timeframe to get certified? Focus on Europe first. Likely not in US until next year.
  • 10:30 - 10:45 > Break
  • 10:45 - 11:15 >
- IHE cross domain, cross profile workflow management WG
They wanted input from many domains. Group's focus was mostly on patient workflow. PCD focuses on alert or device info workflow. WG will focus on consistent definitions. Monroe mentioned state diagrams and process flows, more than they were ready for.
Note, much background topic information is in the file IHE PCD 2016 Spring F2F Profile PC and TC Updates ACM, MEMDMC, MEMLS 01.pptx on the FTP site
- Approved programs for 2016-2017 cycle 10
PCD Workflow profile
- Most deferred until Fall 2016 (after European Connectathon)
Integration Profiles for OR.NET
Profile updates
- ACM
- MEMDMC
- MEMLS
- DEC -Mostly moving along. Some work on minimum sample size and rate computation. useful for neuromuscular info and waveform snippets.
Is a standard the better place to address this? Maybe, worth considering. Can create a limited set of configurations that would address most of the models. Recording frequency often depends upon patient acuity.
- PIV A few new error messages pumps can send. Extending PIV to support new parameters (loading dose, multi-step infusion). Separate CPs ? Impact on TF update. Al has drafted a CP for OBX field to report drug library limits (references range). Pump events for MEMDMC profile. CMMS would be interested in device status (power, self-test, etc.)
- IDCO working on items this round, meeting at heart rhythm society meeting
- Some interest in Dialysis models.
-
  • 12:30 LUNCH
Tuesday Afternoon

2016 April 19

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 13:30 - 14:00 >
MEMDMC Remote Command and Control - Security and Safety

(Presentation in Monroe's slides)

- Discussion - Another variable, proximity (Described as control domain), Patient risk probability, order confirmation (round trip),
Note, much background topic information is in the file IHE PCD 2016 Spring F2F Profile PC and TC Updates ACM, MEMDMC, MEMLS 01.pptx on the FTP site
  • Adjourn PC Meeting
  • 14:00 Resume Pump WG, Terminology from Monday


17:00 Pump Terminology test ended

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Morning

Joint PC & TC meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- N/A


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
  • Location, Dates of the Fall F2F
- Crystal wants us in Cleveland. Discuss rooming options (Hilton, free bkfst, Wi-Fi and lunch expenses) with her.
- Paul Sherman will email Bob for Philips at Boca
- Qualcomm is willing to host in San Diego next spring.
  • Elections - Monroe's position may be due for election. Paul Sherman is confirming.
  • Cochair Action Item: Write Papers promoting PCD
Change title to be more general?
When you have an opportunity to promote, let Paul or the co-chairs know.
  • May PC, TC Meeting Schedule
PC/TC next week, then normal Schedule for May (TC, PC, PC&TC)
  • Secure HL7v2 (Tom K)
- NIST Cybersecurity expert joining tomorrow to discuss infusion pumps.
NCCOE is tied to intiatives for providing cybersecurity on high profile use cases. They are funded to buy equipment and build use cases. They team with organizations (mfctrs, universities, etc.) to develop the guidance. Relatively new center, seems pretty stable.
- FHIR/HL7 v2 - Informal discussion
  • HIMSS Showcase Update (Monroe, Manny)
- Monroe has a file with presentation, will be on ftp site.
Not PCD specific, Monroe's comments are his, based on this year's activities. Multiple units of same category of devices not really feasible. If you notice it, say something ASAP, it can cost to move later. If you don't see an actor that uses your system, say something ASAP, be sure a relevant actor is available.
Challenges - Video switching was cumbersome and a bit slow, interrupting the flow. May want to have your own 32" display vs sharing a 60" display. Be sure to have the 32" set high. Pay attention to needs for your device. Having chairs was frowned upon in the past; this year having high chairs worked out very well. BYO ethernet cable!
  • IHE International Board Update - (Todd Cooper)
- Elliot will be Board Chair Emeritus, Dr. McCoy will replace him. Dr. McCoy was at ONC until recently; this should work very well for us. Finances: Steering to self supporting (membership fees). We lost some members but within predictions, truly active members kept membership. New IHE Treasurer, has good background. Have IHE world summit early June, shortly after AAMI in Amsterdam, on track. Challenge with deployment committees internationally (China Connectathon). Has China done any PCD work? Don't know. Where is conformity assessment going? Steering committee meets tomorrow; Todd will attend and report back to us. Personal Connected Alliance - moving along, bringing Continua in. Some IHE-HL7 tension; seems to be personality based. FHIR promotion not helping the tension. Some due to duplicate terminology, all leading to some antithapy. Feedback?
Will try to float FHIR transactions in ACM. Conformity assessment = CAsC? Yes, Concert is US based, CAsC is international. NIST is supporting CAsC.
- Feel free to email Todd if you have any questions or concerns.

Discussion - End PC/TC early and start TC after break? Yes

  • 10:15 > Adjourn Joint Planning and Technical Committee


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Late Morning/Afternoon

Technical Committee Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted: Technical Committee April 8

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Timetable


  • Review of ongoing work
  • RDQ - In limbo currently. Useful to go back and get additional info. Not many people interested in working on it. ACM has an archive possible, added a use case, but didn't stir up activity. Will stay on the shelf for now.
  • WCM - Some activity lately? Prototyped and tested at connectathon. Robert Franklin at Epic most active. Demo'd at CN and HIMSS with Capsule and Bernoulli. the Bernoulli at CN was last minute and was pretty easy. Capsule; very happy with it, a bit of work. GE; Several simplifications proposed, as well as some enhancements. Brings up challenges with unique waveforms. Can be implemented in UCUM. Only hangup seems to be putting these changes in the document. - if Epic would draft, Paul Schluter would be happy to edit. Another challenge - waveform snippets in DEC messages. There may be more items; declaration of false values. Can we do this as an edited document, rather than a group of CPs? There is precedent (IPEC), IHE may not like it. Participants; Paul Sc, Olivier, Brian, John Rhoads, Robert Franklin.
  • MEMLS Update - Still in making things better mode. CPs this time add Tech detail (space info, etc.). Still looking for more LS vendors. Found more ways for customers to use it ; such as in the pump models, ACM matching and adding location to the alert directly (without using an LS system). Dalibor - There's chances to pass back alert acknowledgements, could be useful. Would this require more semantics on the ACK? Not really, existing should be enough. Key to attract more LS vendors, go to EMR and CMMS vendors. Would allow seamless use of different LS technologies.
  • MEMDMC Update - Big item laying groundwork for sending Command and Control to devices. Other is equipment status to a CMMS, some clarification to operate across vendors. Clarity needed from IEEE standards for power status (battery, etc.). Battery status examples? Some gray areas, can be % or time left, or ???. 10101 may help, it's good to review. Could be a Rosetta call topic as well. Would like to have a 'power on' announcement - would help resolve unknown arrivals and reconfigurations. Self-test results would be useful for CE departments. Any suggestions to help clinical or CE teams are welcome. Some PCIM uses are possible as well.
  • RTMMS Update - (Paul Schluter) - has slides, they will be on ftp site.
10101a- Incorporated Personal Health Device (PHD) info into 10101a
10101b - Using terms from new activities. Provide input from your specialty. It will help him immensely if you use Excel - the worksheets look just like the standards. DO NOT submit in Word. To submit DMCs, is there a solid cut-off? Not solid, but need to have a ballotable draft before Pre-Connectathon.
REFID John R - a bit concerned that, if we don't curate the REFIDs and Codes, it will become a big mess. Paul Sc has written a proposal. What's delaying this from going forward?

Action Items

136 WCM Attributes list (Paul Schluter, Ken Fuchs)
- In queue to add attributes to profile - CLOSED
170 Convert IPEC to EC (Todd Cooper)
- Long history. Communicate items that need to go to people, addressed a lot by ACM. Some device sourced events may be delivered to other systems (such as CMMS). IPEC was a successful limited implementation. Other profile based comms have not been as successful. Todd took it, then ended up with other activities. John Rhoads willing to take over, but will need to be after summer, as he has other projects. More use this as a template. Result a single EC document or a new document using IPEC as a model? Likely leave IPEC as is. Change name from 'Convert' to 'Port IPEC Concepts' Change owner to John R and due date to next F2F.
183 CP for WCM and Implementation (Chris Courville, Paul Schluter)
- Finish the write-up, won't do a CP, will update the profile. Needs delivered to PCD leadership, then to TC for review and submitted. Change due date to August 1


191 Liaise with IDCO on Waveform communication (Paul Schluter, Chris Courville)
- Discussed this with IDCO, their are willing. Will incorporate into 183 and CLOSE
192 FHIR (Todd Cooper)
- PCD detailed much of this to C4MI, But C4MI has changed quite a bit. Stefan Schlicting and Stefan Pohlsen at Draeger have worked on this quite a bit. ACM is looking at mACM FHIR activities for information. Will be discussion at May HL7 meetings. Change due date to May PC/TC.

Other Topics:

- Brazil Somnography- Many devices take readings and send IHE messages, but overall study is not part of IHE.
Weekly meetings scheduled, attendance erratic.
Many basic terms appear to be in place in 11073.
Challenges - Main participant not member of IHE Int'l,
For observations, Brazil standardized on SNOMED. Ipsido isn't willing to dedicate resource to map terms. They will need to map those terms themselves.
Paul Schluter has offered guidance and help, including RTMMS time to help.
This is taking a lot of time, but may help implement in the US as well.
PHD has a lot of basic device terms ported to SNOMED, there may be help. It may be good for them to map as many terms to 11073 as possible, then map the others to SNOMED. There may be US participants available too. Monroe has brought this up at the DCC meetings.
-
  • 14:00 > Proposal for future injection monitor profile (Steve Prince, BD)
- This model doesn't follow Infusion Pump models, it's a manual injection. This is a new class of medical device. Looked at three options - Proprietary, leverage existing, or new profile. Third option seems most practical.
- Discussion: What do existing HL7 messages exist? Use CIM and DEC. Looked at IPEC? Yes, current implementation seemed to fall into DEC better. One bolus, one DEC msg. May need new terms to describe type of delivery. Initial approach, send complete injection as an event. Do the basics now, and expand later. PIV is mostly programming to the pump, IPEC starts when therapy starts, then continues through multiple deliveries and total delivery complete. Was suggested they build a WP similar to MEMLS; they already have messages and a fair amount of live demonstration, should they start straight with Tech Supplement? Yes. One challenge; may not have enough partners at Connectathon to pass. Paul Sherman - we can work around that challenge. One DOR to multiple DOCs. Will this be a new profile or add on? Unsure, but we can deal with it as it unfolds, but will likely be a profile. Will they benefit from working with the Pump WG? Probably. BD is committed to this, it's vital they follow the IHE process. Steve P: Can we get some folks willing to help us out. Suggest creating a working group with regular meetings. They can probably get to an initial draft early, then run past Infusion Pump WG. Some discussion of how it handles allergy warnings.
Consider it a new profile. BD needs to prep first draft and send it to the Pump WG. If there are any questions before that, they will contact individuals or the PCD tech Google group. (Paul E) IPEC structure may help as a template for this. We need to find a way for a new product to go through this process up front.
  • BD's Summary of Outcomes and Next Steps:
-Consensus agreement to pursue development of a new IHE profile applicable to the unique technical characteristics and use cases associated with delivering and recording manual IV bolus injections (MIVBI). Existing profile approaches and terminology have already been leveraged as much as possible, but sufficient deviations still exist to justify the need for a new dedicated profile.
- The IHE Technical Committee would officially “own” the profile, although BD will take responsibility for drafting the necessary new profile documentation and project managing it through the IHE process. This ownership distinction was highlighted during the discussion to convey to IHE participants BD’s commitment to ensuring appropriate extensibility for future market entrants. Moreover, during the profile development and vetting process, this understanding will also help BD in its efforts to continue to push back on ongoing requests for custom interface designs that don’t align with our shared standards-based philosophy.
-Given the existing integration framework’s maturity (i.e. already is use by non-BD IHE members), the recommendation was to move directly to drafting of a Technical Supplement, rather than beginning with a whitepaper. It was further recommended that the current IPEC profile be used as a model for the draft TS content.
-Once a solid draft of the new TS is available, the Infusion Pump Working Group will be the initial review and advisory body. At the appropriate future time, a separate working group for the new profile may be formed.
-Prior to submission of the draft TS document for review, BD will reach out to IHE subject matter experts on an ad hoc basis for mentorship and guidance. Several IHE members have already offered to make themselves available for this purpose.
-BD plans to begin working on the draft TS right away, but there is no firm constraint or requirement on the part of IHE or BD to achieve a July 2016 submission deadline.
-Based on the level of progress, IHE member buy-in, and testing partner support BD is able to accomplish by this fall, Paul Sherman will decide whether or not the new profile can be used for certification purposes during the 2017 Connectathon.


- No more scheduled topics for today. Other questions?
ACM questions for AConn and AC messages. Any examples of how they are used? Monroe will review their questions and get back to them.
Trying to build an interface, would like to know what to expect. Should follow RTMMS. Alarm reporter can use OBX6 to sent to AM. The message should not be unitless if the measurement uses units. Unitless notices won't use OBX6. ACM is a wrapper for notification, unit info would be a different message.
OBX11 - Should always produce 'F', is there relevent data in it? No, it should be in a non-ACM message.
How to handle an alarm with multiple sources? There won't be, it will be separate messages.
Facet values going away? Generally yes, there are remnants left, mostly housekeeping.
With source and event ID, is there a way to ID which OBX segment aligns with an ID?
Recommend to look between OBXs to ID event and source ID. Should be the one that includes the OBX corresponding to the event, can use multiples, but not in the same message.


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved Placeholder

Action(s):

2 ____________
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • 8:45 > Action Items
118 Implementation Guide (John Garguilo) - IGANT has come a long way since started. Originally for MU use, plan a more constrained model for IHE. Tuesday discussion on Casc, Gazelle and Casc work leads to a virtual machine. It'll be fairly formal for certification. Monroe has done a good job. The guides are a constrained document, tied closely to Vol 3. Need to constrain the message to tie in to message and device type. Leads to device type specific messages. IGANT still being developed, somewhat recursive. John has a couple of items to resolve before showing it to us, should be soon. Goal - show at HL7 meeting in May. If specs/profiles are done, then can be used to auto-build tools. Helps to support multiple areas, allows 'custom' tool for each need. Eliminates need to interpret. Once base message defined, can easily know how to make your system compliant. Set due date to June 1
  • 9:00 It's back! Containment and OBX-3, with presentations by Paul Schluter and Malcolm Clarke
Presentations on meeting ftp site:
- (Paul) Simple containment models: Originally based on Paul's device, was a bit complicated. This model can be done at home or with Michaels tools. Leveraged RTMM terms, mostly non-controversial. Missing: Had XPaths, didn't have trees (spec>mds>vmd>chan>numeric). group can define (yes, no, don't care). Main goal, make it easy to explore. Can be 'locally' overridden if needed. (Links to examples in presentation) Demo'd a Continue model. Can leverage model to build custom implementation. Simple xml to experiment with. Are models readily available? Not yet, but we can create a repository. Could ID multiple readings from different devices.
- (Malcolm) Challenge of identifying multiple observations from multiple devices. Current wording is ambiguous, can lead to multiple implementations of same object. Can add an instance or send as an array. An array can be messy. Current PCD-01 wording ambiguous. Can differentiate via channels. Pulse rate by itself is an artifact of the PHD model. This happens in other models. If quietly stated in TF you can add attributes (instance number or?) it could be tagged on. Could be done with syntactic definition. The language needs help. John G - example of an implementation guide, don't want to limit options, but can constrain in the profiles. Isn't his an issue of isolating OBX4 to uniquely display attribution? Is this beyond what OBX4 intended?
Propose looking at this info outside of this meeting, then meet again to propose solutions. Asked Malcolm to send proposed solution if he has one. Next step - propose a fix and meet specifically on this topic. Have suggestions on how to resolve, or is this even necessary.
  • Point-of-Care Identity Management (Stan Wiley and Doug Pratt on Webex)
Presentation on ftp site
- Unless there's an exception, PCD-01 requires patient info sent in message. Hospitals don't consider that info reliable enough for their use. Discussion of weaknesses and potential solutions, plus sources for those solutions. A consumer can be a device, an EMR, a gateway. Manager receives info from different systems (could be a displayed window), can be manually entered. Entry is based on an observation.
All of this is detailed in the White Paper. Please review circulate and comment. After comments incorporated, the WP will publish.
- Reviewing WP - Big challenge with mobile devices (telemetry, NIBP, Infusion pumps, portable vital signs, etc.). Discusses how the various devices affect the system, exception handling, Information needs to be communicated with full accuracy to clinicians for accurate treatment and diagnosis. Not easy, limits the devices that can fulfill that need. Location not always in sync with reality - addressed here? Lightly addressed, no hard references. Could reference MEMLS. Risk table - choosing probability. Guidance from ITI security white paper. Patient risk addressed elsewhere. If pump-patient association is established via PCD-03, does it need to also go via PCIM? No, this provides a means if not obtained elsewhere and pass as needed.
  • Remaining Action Items


195 MSH3 Ack at Connectathon (John Garguilo)
- EUI64, added into Pre-CN tool, wasn't all that successful. May not be a TC issue, more of housekeeping. If they can add EUI-64, this can be used at CN, but need vendors to provide the number (EUI or DNS). Could add into Gazelle, need to make it early. May need to add to our schedule to before Pre-CN. John showed the Pre-CN venor registration - only two registered so far. Please provide. How does this map to the CN tool? Should be the same value in Gazelle, Add to new user how-to; also to confirm with CN entry. More procedural, may be a PC action item, not TC. Close this and create a PC AI with deadline near Pre - Conn.
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 (John Garguilo)
- Values are in TF. John will approach HL7 vocab group at their meeting in two weeks. Anticipates no issue. If not successful, will add XML table. Set to PC&TC meeting May 18.
Administrative items:
- TF, CP, and general document versioning (Jeff, John)
GitHub Repository - Wiki software IHE has challenges. Latest version OK for wiki, older versions could be better for us at GitHub. John uses a different one for TF storage. Wiki has user gateway, need to register with Chris Carr. Let us know if you want to edit it. It would be nice to review and update, but it's a challenge. If you spot something needing help, let cochairs and Paul Sherman know.
Action Item Repository - No action needed, close it.
FTP Site Management process - A set of policies evolved, archive items over two years. Close this
AI 186 Review and reformat ftp site (Jeff McGeath, Paul Sherman) CLOSE
New TC Action Item - verify tiny URL values on business cards and welcome letter.
  • 12:00 Lunch
Thursday Afternoon

2016 Apr 21

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:00
Discussion of NIST's Wireless Infusion Pump project (Gavin O'Brien, via webex)
- Presentation available on ftp site, contains a lot of detail.
- Background, introduction, what they do in general. Want to build community of interest, invited PCD to join. Overview of process; send out Letters of Interest, reply to participants. Need a critical mass to start testing, including support tech (routers, testing software, etc). Is there some reusability between projects? Mostly, need to redo some of the agreements each time.
- Questions How about pumps that leave with patient and come back? Not going there right now, maybe in the future. Look at chipsets that may work together? Focus on setting up a way to maximize security - not focus on that level of detail.
  • 1:45 AAMI Interoperability Demo (Manny, Deb Reuter) - Moving along well. Need a bedside monitor. New deadline - May 5. Looking for theater presentations, 30 minute slots. Will holds weekly calls at 2PM EDT Eastern. One question was that who pump vendors were. Biggest question was an EMR vendor; Cerner takes care of that. any questions, contact Deb, Wil or Manny. Appreciate help providing a bedside monitor and a prop system. Looking for a vent prop. Want to make the room as real as possible. Bob Gold may be able to help. Communicating Vendor names, especially big ones - need to identify division. John Rhoads - contact Andy Sargent? Manny emailed, no reply yet. Bob has equipment on site, so it may work out. Deb or Manny will contact Bob. Jeff R - any talk about LCD monitors? Deb will ask for what you need. Provide logos so they can display them.
Additional Items
- Boundaries for locations? We will discuss at MEMLS call
- ACM - Acknowledgement of alarm audio paused. Can send a message for that, plus send another when alert itself ends.
  • 2:15 Review Notes - wrap up, leftover items
  • 2:30 > Adjourn

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_10#Cycle_10_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Friday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Friday

2015 April 27

08:30 - 12:00 Pump Workgroup Meeting
  • 08:30 > Pump Workgroup
- Introductions
- Review and update agenda
- IHE IP Management Process
- Action items/next steps



|}

Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.


Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.


Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC April 27 PCD PC&TC 2016-04-27 Webex

TC May 4, 2016, PCD TC 2016-05-04 Webex

PC PC May 11, 2016, PCD PC 2016-05-11 Webex