PCD PC&TC 2019-02-27 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint PC and TC Meeting: At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2019-01-16 Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently
5. Marketing PCD, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_12
New Profiles
7. PC Action Item Review
- TC Action Item Review
8. Other Business
9. Next and Recent Meetings
- PC Mar 13, 2019
- PC & TC, Mar 20, 2019
- TC Mar 6, 2019

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items and PCD Technical Committee Action Items

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Kurt Elliason, Mike Kirwan, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder
Chair: Kurt Elliason

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
- F2F discussion - accepted
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
3. Standards Coordination
- 10101r going through process. Pump group still needs to finish their work on 10101b.
4. Ballots - None currently
- An ACM ballot is drafted.
5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- Michael Kirwan – IHE Continua partnership – HIMSS will publish a blog, should mention PCD.
- Some discussion of PCD/Continua collaboration: How to figure out how to work together. IHE and Continua boards both had agenda items to form an exploratory task force. Call to action will come out at same time as blog. Continua CIO pushing this, seeing FHIR rules, want to accelerate joint processing. Would like to attend our F2F in April.
- Federal Register comments – Amit would like our input to him March 8, we need some volunteers to contribute. Paul Schluter happy to review, Cochairs and attendees can contribute, and review next TC meeting. Paul Sherman will post on Google docs soo we can all contribute.
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_12
New Profiles
- Quiet ICU – No new info.
7. PC Action Item Review
- 168 – Should change to re-execute. Rob – it’s really bugging him. Move to next month.
- Good to have new ones, maybe at F2F.
TC Action Item Review
- 196 – John not available, move to next month
- 200 – Once 10101r is done, he can resume work on it. Can make good headway, tying in with RTMMS. Move out to April TC.
8. Other Business
- Paul Sherman met with AAMI last week. Very productive talk. Question – Are we going to do a Showcase with them? It’s basically too late to get something together in time.
- F2F – Paul Sherman will confirm with Marriot/Sheraton. April 22 would be better. Will propose that date.
- PCD/Continua coordination: Paul Schluter reviewed past work. Current major concern -FHIR vs. HL7v2. We don’t need to worry about this right now, but will need to resolve working with both versions. Major issue for vendors – FHIR big hit on life critical messaging. Creating a converter could resolve this. Abandoning HL7V2 while at cusp of doing great things with events and alerts is very bad. Can resolve with the translator. Let customer decide if 1/5 the capability (FHIR) is worth the implementation. Cooperate with PHD, make FHIR conversion available. Vendors are very concerned; they need a valid business case to move to FHIR. Companies will not move for the sake of moving, the move to FHIR needs a good purpose. Need to make sure event and alert vocabulary is complete. Paul Schluter would like PCD and Continua to proceed as if FHIR wasn’t happening that much. He has seen when good work is undermined by the shiny new thing. Mike Kirwan – Does think it’s a shiny new thing, but it’s also mis-perceived by even ONC and HHS – 37 FHIR references in docs, they want all to congeal to this standard. Want to bring mindshare back into IHE to for interoperability over FHIR or V2 as appropriate. Rob - Near future will be hybrid environment. Paul Sherman - This report was very much shiny new toy. Don’t take this as gospel yet. Mike – we know what really works. Continua wants to align the remote environment to the acute care environment. Tom – this collaboration is good. Could provide an answer to the customer when asked about FHIR. The manufacturers need a solid business case to adopt a new implementation. Could also provide a method to migrate in the future using the same containment model. Statement such as: “PCD recognizes the future value of FHIR. However, it’s not ready for the demanding real time life-critical acute care applications in a hospital. Will remain with HL7v2 until FHIR is stable enough and we have an agreed upon way to transform HL7 messages to FHIR.” Don’t want to lose all the hard and expensive work done. Some look at them as competing standards; they should be conformant. We should look at the use cases, we can choose the best way to implement. FHIR could fit for centralized lab results. This will be a good F2F discussion – likely during the joint PC&TC meeting. Will try to plan earlier in the day. Maybe morning of the second day (TC?).
9. Next and Recent Meetings
- PC Mar 13, 2019
- PC & TC, Mar 20, 2019
- TC Mar 6, 2019

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- PC Mar 13, 2019, PCD PC 2019-03-13 Webex
- PC&TC Mar 20, 2019, PCD PC&TC 2019-03-20 Webex
- TC Mar 6, 2019 PCD TC 2019-03-06 Webex

PCD Home