PCD PC&TC 2015 April 27 - May 1 F2F

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home


Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
  • Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.


Location & General Schedule

Location:

Meeting Location:

West Health Institute
10350 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037
Park in the lot immediate next to the building which contains the guest parking spots.
Check-in on the 1st floor (parking floor is P).
When checking in get a parking permit to put in your car front window on the driver's side.
Meetings are in the 2nd floor meeting room.
Wi-Fi connection info is on the whiteboard at the front of the meeting room.
Hotel Arrangements
-Hotel Name: Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Reservation Link -
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/S/SANMDGI-IHE-20150427/index.jhtml

Dates - Preliminary committee schedule:

Monday morning, April 27 Pump WG meeting
Tuesday April 28 PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday April 29 morning: Joint PC, TC - Tentative
Wednesday April 29 afternoon through Thursday EOD: PCD Technical Committee
Daily Schedule - Placeholder
- 08:00 - 08:30 Meet at West Health, La Jolla, CA
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 Pacific Time each day.
- 08:30 - 10:30 Session #1
- 11:00 - 12:30 Session #2
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
- 13:30 - 15:00 Session #3
- 15:30 - 17:00 Session #4



Dates
Monday April 27 Pump Workgroup
Tuesday April 28 PCD Planning Committee
Wednesday April 29 morning: Joint PC, TC - Tentative
Wednesday April 29 afternoon through Thursday EOD: PCD Technical Committee
Daily Schedule -
08:00 - 08:30 Meet at West Health, La Jolla, CA
Meeting will start promptly at 08:30 Pacific Time each day.
08:30 - 10:30 Session #1
11:00 - 12:30 Session #2
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch (location to be announced)
13:30 - 15:00 Session #3
15:30 - 17:00 Session #4

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

Webex

Webex meetings have been set up in anticipation of interest. They will be provided when requested in advance; i.e., the log in information is provided here, and the Webex will be initiated for those portions of the agenda that are of interest. Please let the co-chairs and Paul know of your interest and when you are available. The co-chairs will try to arrange the agenda to permit your remote participation.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is different, and has been included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

[Webex Meeting Link]

Monday morning, April 27: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 921 471 997

Monday afternoon: April 27: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 922 353 691

Tuesday morning, April 28: PC: Meeting Number: 927 492 961

Tuesday afternoon, April 28: PC: Meeting Number: 928 787 066

Wednesday morning, April 29: Joint PC&TC: Meeting Number: 920 121 215

Wednesday afternoon, April 29: TC: Meeting Number: 921 392 641

Thursday morning April 30: TC: Meeting Number: 929 318 384

Thursday afternoon April 30: TC: Meeting Number: 924 728 700

Friday morning May 1: TC If needed): Meeting Number: 927 935 792

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when established will be found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/FaceToFaceMeetings/2015-April-SanDiego/ unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

PCD Schedule/Deadline Information: Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Monday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Monday

2015 April 27

08:30 - 17:00 Pump Workgroup Meeting
  • 08:30 > Pump Workgroup (lunch will be catered)
- Introductions
- Review and update agenda
- IHE IP Management Process
- Update from Todd Cooper on current state of model and documentation
- Review Doug Pratt’s document
- Discuss opportunities to improve current pump model
- PIV – support a second (updated) application ACK for nurse cancel/reject at pump
- PIV – optional PID and ORC segments to application acknowledgement
- PIV – new error code for hard limit exceeded
- DEC/IPEC - Specify minimum required containment in pump messages (MDS, VMD, Delivery Channel)
- DEC/IPEC - Discuss use of private codes for unassigned MDC codes
- DEC/IPEC - Usage of pump-mode-set after transition (e.g. once bolus has completed)
- IPEC - Stop vs complete (loading dose, bolus); rate changes
- Action items/next steps


Tuesday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday Morning

2015 April 28

08:30 - 12:30 PCD Planning Committee (PC) Placeholder
  • 08:30 > Introduction
- Greeting & Introductions (20 minutes)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (10 minutes)
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)
- Review Discussion Summary Last PC Meeting PC April 1, 2015 PCD PC 2015-04-01 Webex
  • 09:15 > Review Current PCD Program:
- Open Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
78. Stakeholder Survey (AAMI rep)
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee (AAMI rep)
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation (Monroe)
161 Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
  • 10:30 Break
  • 11:00


  • 12:30 LUNCH
Tuesday Afternoon

2015 April 28

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 13:30 > IHE Educational Webinars
Topics
Form deadline May 22
  • 14:00 ITI/mACM update (Monroe) (15 mins)
  • 14:15 IEEE P1847 workgroup, Location Svcs for Healthcare (Monroe) (15 mins)

Wednesday

Date Hours Committees Topics


Wednesday Morning

2015-04-29

08:30 - 12:30 Joint PCD Planning and Technical Committees
  • 08:30 > IHE IP Management Process
  • 08:35 > Introductions and Agenda Review
  • 08:45 > IHE International Board Update - (Todd Cooper)
  • 9:45 > Showcase Update (30 Min) (Manny, Sandy)
  • 10:15 > Break
  • 10:30 > Location, Dates of the Fall F2F
  • Elections
TC Cochair > Need one ASAP
  • IHE Membership Changes
  • May PC, TC Meeting Schedule
  • 11:00 Alex Lippett - Update
  • 11:45 PRT segement use
MEMLS and others use the PRT segment, Non PCD may use it as well.
  • 12:15 > Adjourn Joint Planning and Technical Committee
  • 12:30 > LUNCH
Wednesday Afternoon

2015-04-29

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 14:00 Profile Implementation Guide & DIM Editor (John Garguilo)
  • 15:00 > Break
  • 15:15 Review of ongoing work
  • PCIM
  • RDQ
  • Pulse Oximetry
Merge and/or close POI topics?
157. POI Issues (Ioana)
158. POI CPs (Ioana)
159. POI Rosetta Terms (Ioana)
174. POI code validation (Paul Sh, Ioana)
182. Configure POI document to required format (John R)
  • WCM
  • MEMLS Update
  • MEMDMC Update

Thursday

Date Hours Committees Topics
Thursday Morning

2015-04-30

08:30 - 12:30 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 8:30 IHE IP Management Process
  • 8:45 Implantable Device Waveform communication (Ken, Alex)
  • 9:30 C4MI FHIR Project Update (Chi Tran)
  • 10:30 > Break
  • 10:45 11073 - PCD Mapping (Joe Good)



  • 12:30 Lunch
Thursday Afternoon

2015-04-30

13:30 - 17:00 PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 1:30 IHE IP Management Process
  • 1:45 OBX-4 Update (John R)
  • HL7 Versioning in the PCD TF (McGeath / Rhodes)
  • IEEE 10101a update (Paul S)
  • 2:45 > Break
  • 3:00 TF, CP, and general document versioning (Jeff, John)
GitHub Repository
Action Item Repository
FTP Site Management process
  • 4:00 Review Notes - wrap up, leftover items


  • 5:00 > Adjourn


Note: Additional evening working sessions may be scheduled as needed.

Webex Support

Webex will likely be available for those who could not attend in person. The links will be provided below. Reminder: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Participants

Monday, April 27

On Site:


Remote:

Tuesday, April 28

On Site:


Remote:


Wednesday, April 29

On Site:


Remote (morning, PC & TC):

Remote (afternoon, TC):


Thursday, April 30

On Site:


Remote:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Monday

Placeholder

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed notes from last pump group F2F
Summary of last year’s pump group meeting (Boca Raton) (refer to Todd’s email to pump group from 10/20/2014)
- Identified workflows
- Tried to identify information model that addresses all needs
- Device models are defined in the IEEE 11073-10101 standard
- Prometheus is developing a modeling tool; will replace ICS Generator (defunct)
- Accepted:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
Update
- The 11073 -10101a amendment containing an update to vent, pulse ox, vitals is currently balloting
- Pump terminology will be included in a 11073-10101b amendment (projected finalization and ballot in late 2015)
- Prometheus - model tool – under revision
- Currently contains vent, puls ox, vitals monitor
- Pump model to be added in next few weeks (end of May)
Implementation of IHE-based pump integration – customer comments
- Jennifer Jackson, Director of Clinical Integration at Cedars Sinai
95% of infusion starts are currently auto-programmed
Perception that too much tweaking was needed
Customer identified 12 different workflows – high variability in practice
Compromises were necessary with regard to rounding (e.g. insulin)
Titrations – resulted in volume documentation modifications in the EMR
Channel and Parameter discussion
- Multi Mode param VS. Active Channels param:
Introducing Active Channels parameter as a way to indicate all of the currently active channels
- PROPOSAL: Remove Multi-Source Mode, Add Active Sources (required), Add Enabled Sources (optional)
- Delivery Channel parameters:
Active Source Channel (required, VERY IMPORTANT)
Enabled Sources (optional, parking lot to explicitly define)
- Source Channel parameters:
Delivery Mode (required)
Program Completion Mode (optional)
Program Status (optional)
Flush Enabled (optional)
Current Delivery Status (required, VERY IMPORTANT)
- Flushing
- KVO
- Delivering
- Not Delivering
- Transitioning
Not Delivering Reason (required if Current Delivery Status = Not Delivering)
- Inter-dose-stop
- Priming
- Delayed
- Standby
- Stopped by Clinician
- Stopped by Alarm
- Stopped due to Transition
- Stopped due to Power Off
- Not Specified
Source Label (required)
PIV - support a second application ack for nurse cancel/reject at pump??
- DECISION: 1 APP ACK only (preferably after user is past the point of being able to cancel
PIV - support PID and ORC on ACKs
- DECISION: Agreed to add, as optional
PIV - add new error codes for hard limit exceeded
- DECISION: Agreed to add, potentially add one for over and one for under, and require context in ERR
DEC/IPEC - What segments are Required?
- DECISION: IPEC - send everything that is known for the infusion for every channel
- DECISION: DEC - minimum MDS, VMD, Delivery Channel, Active Source Channel
- DECISION: IPEC comm status messages and IPEC/DEC not delivering due to standby - MDS, VMD, Delivery
IPEC - Stop vs. complete vs. rate changes:
- DECISION: For rate change, use "Current Delivery Status" to indicate “Transitioning” in DELIVERY_STOP, followed by “Delivering” at new rate in DELIVERY_START
- DECISION: In the actual IPEC document, all instances of 0 rate for Stop should be change to "pump reported rate"
- OUTSTANDING: How do you represent "transitioning" for things like loading dose complete stop?
DEC/IPEC - private codes, what to do?
- OUTSTANDING: Do we…
a. Give vendors a range of custom code IDs to use as they see fit
b. Other painful things

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next steps
- Jeff
Email current pump model and RTMMS term export to group
Add/update new channels and terms in RTMMS
CP to add optional ORC and PID to ACK
CP to add new PIV error code for hard drug library limit exceeded
CP to move PIV error code list to TF
- Group
Further discussion needed on DELIVERY_COMPLETE vs DELIVERY_STOP
Further discussion needed on “transitioning”
Harmonize currently used terms with new channels and channel names, including PCA and SYRINGE


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Tuesday

Planning Committee Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted: Planning Committee April 1

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
  • Review Current PCD Program:
No new profiles, a couple of white papers underway MEM, Cybersecurity and PCIM
All volumes will be updated.
- IHE Milestone Review – We're in good shape, next date July 10 – send items out for public comment.
Would like CPs finished by August
- Open Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
78. Stakeholder Survey (AAMI rep)
- Paul S will check with Manny for copy of the survey. He also emailed AAMI asking about the status of a new representative.
140. AAMI Alarm Safety Committee (AAMI rep)
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation (Monroe)
- Cookbook was drafted, became overlooked when IHE's “Dummies” book was published. The cookbook is still viable, help provide a mechanism for the users/purchasers to effectively choose a system. Darcy reviewed the document. It is very outdated. There is a lot more profiles to be added and she has at least 5 more use cases she would add. She can have document scanned (with notes) and sent. Monroe asked if Darcy would summarize notes and send them to Paul Sh.
161 Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
- Clinical perspective – it spans a lot of different technologies. IHE – A lot of technologies across domains. How to track through whole dispensing process? WP is intended to address it. Worked with Pharm domain and others. Demo at HIMSS emphasized the process. An update would be very useful to give out to users who want to implement medi admin. This an IHE top-down way to get the info out to the public, rather than bottom-up struggling to be heard. Could also ID gaps and prioritize actions. If we can assemble a team here to finish it, then send it up, it may go to IHE. Is there an actual WP? Todd is confidant it exists, maybe as a draft. Chris volunteers, Jeff M has a good editor to help, Jeff R may be able to help a bit.


  • > IHE Educational Webinars
Topics
Form deadline May 22
Working with AAMI and ACCE for educational webinars.
- Jeff M will send to Monroe existing presentation to adapt for IHE
  • ITI/mACM update (Monroe) (15 mins)
Will use FHIR Flag (not Alarm) but will need to extend to assign receiver.
  • Flag was intended to flag something in a record
When using ACM
Two camps: Use mobile devices to send Alerts, other wants to notify individuals in 3rd world countries of local issues. Suggested using ACM, very strong FHIR desire, though it doesn't seem to have capabilities. Also want to query for Alert status. We have a CP to bring PCD-05 back. May be good for AMs to participate, they will need them. Would medical devices be reporters? Not too likely, fits non-medical reporters better. Monroe pointed out PCD AM expertise, will see how they respond.
  • IEEE P1847 workgroup, Location Svcs for Healthcare (Monroe) (15 mins)
Overlaps MEMLS. In interactions, they seem to focus on tech and its' accuracy. Satisfied that MEMLS processes abstracts from technology. Focused on GPS, we have that. Learned that IEEE and DARPA working on how to get GPS info in a non-GPS area via inertial tracking. Extensive discussion on differing, maybe duplicative processes. Paul Sc emphasized HL7 v2's effectiveness and efficiency over other protocols. Concerned over focus.
Have a white paper in our parking lot to map our work to FHIR. May be premature to start it now. Some are looking at resources needed, they meet occaisionally. Query based vs. push based messaging – probably more effective to 'push' rather than query.
  • PRT segment use.
In 2.8, we are in 2.6. We'll need to plan on how to move (pick and choose, planned migration, move all at the same time).
  • Review of ONC standards guidance document
Paul S provided some background.
Discussion of vital signs – emphasize use of 11073 for device based readings. Recommend adding line for device outputs, emphasizing 11073 as only viable standard.
- “Vital signs” Add emphasis that 11073 is an ISO internationally recognized standard for medical device patient vital signs and other clinical information output.
- Approx page 19: “Simple way for” email SMTP Should be secure email protocol to protect PHI
- Approx page 13 “Admission, discharge..” Does not refer to patient/equipment association. IHE PCD has a working group focussing on this process.


  • Discussion of MEMLS and cross profile connections, especially ACM and utilization.
Discussion of MEMDMC and device status. The gates are open, awaiting utilization. Are we awaiting except customer demand? Associating patient and device with locations. Association takes place at the integrator. PCIM could help bind those. MEMDMC – is there enough info to adopt, or do we need more for vendors to implement? Potential use cases: Telemetry monitors, ventilators, defibrillators, especially on crash carts. Discussed device logs. Add device log query from CMMS. Look at getting user community to request these capabilities. Monroe will contact Elliot Sloane for town hall session. LS can appeal to hospital admin for utilization, personnel and patient tracking, etc. Any way to show how many patients are on a smart pump? Not yet, PCIM would help resolve this. Will look at utilizing patient-device connection as a mechanism to 'back door' patient locations.
  • FHIR – PCD mapping (Todd)
Looked at it a year ago. Things were in a lot of flux then. Didn't make sense then to work on it. Now have it out to ballot, a lot has been done. Further along, but still may be to premature to map. It may be a good time to look at it again. Can walk through the v2 documents for possible mapping. C4MI may be able to help move it forward. Chi here can help and has a good idea of when to move forward and what work can and should be done. We can schedule her to come in and update this week, just provide a time. A mechanism to transform a FHIR Alert message to PCD-01 would be impressive. How to ID, know variables etc. in FHIR. Winnowing the hundreds of proprietary protocols to five basic protocols would be VERY helpful for all.
  • TC item 170 Todd
Idea to genericize EC. Try to bind EC and AC data sets and transactions. Intent – have a set of profiles, but hospitals can't ask for infoeasily. Would be useful to bind it to device categories. Kept IPEC active. Broader question -do we want to go there, and what would it take. No need to leave Todd to this, it should become a Planning Committee item.
  • 13:30 C4MI update/overview (Ken)
Highlighted WHI interoperability White Paper. Discussed mission, vision and member organizations. Went over their model: Infrastructure, Syntactic, Terminology/semantic, Conversational. Discussed stakeholders and uniting them. Technical projects: Medical Device Interoperability, Protocol Interoperability Manager, PnP-IOP (Plug and Play Interoperability Platform).
Medical Grade Wireless Project – Quality varies immensely. Don't need standards, need a building guide. Added trust to project – robust way of highlighting and resolving robustness issues.
  • 14:30 Roadmap review and update
Some formatting changes for readability
Architecture - Added some HL7 mappings to cycle 10 and 11. Discussion of DPI meetings
DEC - PCD-02 carried forward, not in TF (lack of testing, moved to Cycle 11
RDQ – Carried to cycle 11/2016
ACM – CP to add Alert Inventory, removed ITI-ACM Enterprise (superseded by mACM), cleared new transactions,
IPEC – Updated timeline.
Specializations (Vol 3), IPEC has LVP and PCA specialization.
Some discussion of WCM location and best fit. Currently in Content Management, could include on profiles as appropriate. Note to add WCM options to profiles as well. Do this for MEMLS as well.
DCM – Explanation of 'crossed off' cells.
DOM – Auto programming of pumps are in FT as of Dec 2014. Multi-component add-mixtures moved to 2016.
MEM – Move MEMDMC FT to 2017. Cybersecurity WPs to be published this year. MEMLS FT 2016. MEMDMC FT 2016.
POC – Plug and Play New Directions, absorbed by network services, on hold. DPI – on hiatus, move to 2017, subsets shifted and edited to reflect relationship better.
DCM - 10101a, IEEE ballot started mid-April 2015, will move into RTMMS 2015. Start 10101b for pumps, vents and more in 2016. Developed IEEE-LOINC mapping 2015. Alert basic containment in 2015.
WCM - In PCD-01 demo'd at Connectathon 2014, 2015, will be updated 2015. Vent specs 2016.
Quality – 80001-2-5 released 2014. 60601-1-8 not updated.
Coordination Efforts - Coordinating with PCC on moving PCHA from home. Meaningful Use coordination with WHI, Provided input on ONC standards guide – 2015. POI info to be transformed for Vol 3 inclusion.

17:00 PC ended

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Morning

Joint PC & TC meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- N/A


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
  • IHE International Board Update - (Todd Cooper)
Background on Board meetings and process.
Topics they've addressed:
- Conformity assessment, business model, funding activities;
- Engaging national deployment committees, how to share experience, global summit;
- Financial sustainability. How to get to financial independence? Polled members on what may work. Time to move forward. Goals – Set CN/testing guidelines, coordinate tools/testing, education, promote standards, testing activities use, relationships with other orgs.
Evolve business model to membership fees. Fee structure shown.
Discussed in committee a lot. How many will they lose?
How will fee affect international work – shouldn't be a major issue
Will increase domain validation work.
- How many deployed PCD? Korea, Japan, Europe. Different purposes, Japan improving their healthcare; Korea focused on economic development, have corporate hospitals.
- Where does ConCert fit? US specific, not PCD yet. ICSA existing certs may be included.
Concern that existing results/guides may not be compatible with ConCert
Scope seems different from Connectathon; cert is to domain, CN is to profile.
  • 9:45 > Showcase Update (30 Min) (Manny, Sandy)
Overview of changes
- Vignette and theater
- Elliot Sloane to spearhead promotion and introductions
- Org meetings Monday afternoons
- Schedule – Set up Friday, demo during exhibit hall hours.
- Other vendors available? (vital sign monitor) They hope
- Set up time a bit flexible? Not yet, but Sandy will check for Sat AM
- Tuesday calls - Cancel or continue? Continue, especially May 26.
  • 10:15 > Break
  • 10:30 > Location, Dates of the Fall F2F
Philips Healthtech, Boca Raton, FL
Week of October 19. Mon – Workgroup, Tues-Thurs PCD
  • Elections
TC Cochair > Need one ASAP
John Rhoads helping for now
Tom K will consider
Elections in June
  • IHE Membership Changes
Discussed fees and membership enforcement
  • PRT segement use
MEMLS and others use the PRT segment, Non PCD may use it as well.
Migration from OBX-18 to PRT 10,
Used PRT for ACM and MEM. Will need something firmer for others to use in newer HL7 versions.
John R - v2.7 introduces PRT, expanded in 2.8.2 to include UDI. Deprecating OBX-18. UDI is part of PRT. Can maintain some backward compatibility. There is a versioniing Action item. John will write some info for the wiki, including links to good presentations.
PCD needs to decide to all move to 2.8, or allow profiles to move as needed.
How will TF change? We need to decide that. TC needs to discuss staying at 2.6 or moving to 2.7. Moving would be fairly minor, field length is longer in 2.7. We've set the precedent to this this by profile. Biggest gain is to refer to normative description.
Jeff Mc will add to Thursday discussion.
  • May PC, TC Meeting Schedule
  • Alex Lippitt - Update (Canceled)
Adjourn Joint Planning and Technical Committee


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Wednesday Afternoon

Technical Committee Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted: Technical Committee April 8

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • TC Welcome and Agenda Review (McGeath/Rhoads)(10 mins)
  • Review Discussion Summary Last TC Meeting TC April 8, 2015 PCD TC 2015-04-08 Webex
Accepted
  • Timetable
Now that timeline is updated, we can update this page
  • IHE 2015 Publication Schedule [1]
  • Profile Implementation Guide & DIM Editor (John Garguilo)
Described tool and process – constrains standards by appropriate fields to confirm results
Discussed IGAMT (Implementation Guide Author Modelling Tool). Will help create implementation guides. It can become very accurate. Can create a library to modify for specifics – very reusable. Rendered in a browser and can create pdf files
Discussed Domain Information Model Editor (DIM) – HL7 tools are fairly mature. Need rigorous test case development.
John helped with an education session on CN Tuesday.
Rosetta – have royalty free agreememnt with IEEE.
- Chris C – would like to provide a spreadsheet to partners, what's legal. Since data is derived from RTM, then refined, it should be OK, but recipient would need to register.
Adding LOINC and SNOMED mapping, should work the same way, but there may IEEE issues.
Have an agreement with Continua; may be able to use their equipment profiles to build the PCD database.
Need some expertise to use the DIM.
May be a need to upload a lot of Continua info easily – pretty doable with this process. A lot of crossover between DIM and RTMMS editors, they may merge in the future.
Jan Wittember demonstrated tool.
HL7 and tool updates. Some infrastructure changes, test case execution and admin tools, added MEMLS/DMC profiles.
RTMMS tool updates. Timestamps, API, timestamps, etc. Working on an 'import demographics' tool.
Let NIST know if you have any problems or improvements.
Who will use this? Mostly manufacturers will use it. It's a way to increase rigor, users can use them and contribute to make better tools.
What devices are using the DIM editor? Infusion pump and Pulse Ox. Tooling being shared by IEEE 11073 and PCD, profile sets differ; some nomenclature unique, very challenging.
Review of ongoing work
  • PCIM (John Rhoads/Chris Courville)
Target – WP out for public comment by July, IHE in August
Premise – ensure all and only right devices are tied to the patient in EMR/EHR.
Flexible, Composable, Supports device – patient association that a providor can respond to.
Manager can be queried by users, this is expected to have human interaction.
Need to be able to have manager subscribe.
How to resolve errors found? May be in application. Send a notice of 'backdated' or correction action. WG will work on it. Force disassociatiation before new association.
  • ACM
ITI has created mACM, going on their own
  • MEMDMC
Have a couple of CPs going out.
  • MEMLS
Several CPs to be sent out.
Working with IEEE p1847 group – seems to be complimentary
- Several questions regarding the group. And DARPA model using inertial navigation with GPS base.


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Thursday

Placeholder

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved Placeholder

Action(s):

2 ____________
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • Implantable Device Waveform communication (Ken, Alex)
Would like to have machine readable waveform info.
IDCO only uses OBX-4 to group things so far
Thinking on embedding waveform info.
Like to see link between checks and signal info – how to?
- Independent of HL7 v2
- Linkage between existing data and historic
Use WCM for trending
Recommendations?
  • Examples useful, please provide as many as possible from other vendors
  • Marker labels, start/end timepoints, can contain in one OBX, OBX4 hierarchy can do that – FDA annotated ECG is an example. ID top identier markers. WCM can be a nice mechanism to group items.
  • WCM can support snapshots and contiguous streams.
Get list of 10103 terms that apply.
Can you use WCM without annotation? IDCO believes not well.
Discussed notifications (below Alert level). Alex concerned that ACM can't manage IDCO messages (routine vs emergent).
  • ACM not just for alarms, include notifications.
  • FHIR overview for PCD and measurements (Chi Tran, C4MI)
Discussed, provided examples.
Anything to update or change based on ONO discussions, some dissatisified with UDI.
Result of two 'bogus' resources? Qualitative, goes out to those, not integral to FHIR. Labeling muddy, will need to be outside of FHIR work.
Vital signs – who needs much beyond basic data? Don't need containment structure, can go beyond if needed.
Next steps – Define some profiles and resources (device alert) for DSTU 3.0
How hard to transform PCD messages? FHIR provides 'message header' that will include relevant fields. Should be staightforward mapping.
  • IEEE 10101a update (Paul Sc)
Overview of process and latest work.
Went to ballot April 8, ballot closes May 8. Followed by discussion at the IEEE 11073 meeting. Looks good so far, but Paul is being a bit conservative.
Dr. Abhyankar provided 600 11073-LOINC mappings, covers most of what is relevant for us. Largely bidirectional mapping. In Excel now, will convert to XML. Paul could use help reviewing. No licensing issues. NLM has worked through the legalities.
  • 11073 - PCD Mapping (Joe Good)
Putting together a shareware module to map PCD to 11073.
Questions – Where data should come from (OBR segment)
  • Filler in OBR3 requires persistant and unique number – How can device generate that in PCD-01?
Required field, from sender. Each system's ascession number – the combination would be unique. Provide a 'prefix', date/time and sequential number. Should be same within an episode.
  • OBR4 – what is expected? Could be used the same, but currently isn't. Can add SNOMED code, can be used to identify different source info. No hard and fast rule. Lot of discussions for Connectathon – look for a table of EUI-64 to identify devices.
  • OBR7&8 – Mapping from DIM challenging. If no observed times put in, what do we use? Continua uses a default, which can be overwritten. Fall back to OBR7 if blank – works well. Default is time of observation.
  • How does OBR relate to DIM? Not one to one channel reference. Channel hierarchy under OBX. What defines segment group is simultaneous – Multichannel monitor output vs. independent BP. Not defined in TF.
  • WCM
When you send the attributes, it can take bandwidth. Just the values work pretty well – were using it 15 years ago well. A lot of overhead for fully attributed message. Propose send occaisional attributed message (keyframe), then send waveform data otherwise. Send filter once, assume same filter applies to subsequent waveforms. Can use OBX4, will discuss during that session. Chris Courville sent some info – simplifying info (integer values). WCM just needs some cleaning to be very usable by others (including IDCO). Don't see why this is an issue for IDCO.
Extensive discussion of possible modifications. Challenge to do so while maintaining rigor.
  • Pulse Oximetry
Document needs formatted to be consistent with TF Volume 3. Needs a resource to put it together – John G may be able review. Mostly stripping down and configuring. Documents contain some useful data, should be able to put into mapping entries. It's a device category constraint on Vol 2, typical candidate for Vol 3. Jeff Mc will look at Ioana's documents to condense, then pass to Todd.
Merge and/or close POI topics?
  • Close and move them into the Parking Lot.
157. POI Issues (Ioana)
158. POI CPs (Ioana)
159. POI Rosetta Terms (Ioana)
174. POI code validation (Paul Sh, Ioana)
182. Configure POI document to required format (John R)
  • Miscellaneous items
PCD-05 resurrection. Committee considers it ready for ballot.
Review PCD Domain update for IHE
  • 1:30 OBX-4 Update (John R)
Presentation will be available on ftp site.
Ordinal numbers aren't normative and can change between messages. Device component segments – not about clinical observations, about device info. John provides some examples; has errors, but provides concept. Some discussion of format and spacing. Reviewed description of field order; dictionary is a 'desired' order, not purely required. Need consumer input. Can help with rigorous containment validation.
Puzzles – PCD-01 contain more than one observation?
Expect receiver can handle keyframe message?
  • HL7 Versioning in the PCD TF (McGeath / Rhodes)
Need for PRT before it was approved
Tends to be profile specific so far.
TF V1 references 2.6, V2 references other versions
Any vendor looked at impact? They try not to make breaking changes; 2.6 to 2.7 for valid messages is slight, but need to tweak for length and some renaming.
Discussed 2.8 last fall. It appears that only 1 profile references 2.8. 2.8.2 is balloted, but not yet published.
Can draw in relevant field descriptions and be ready for 2.8.2 when it's published.
Easier if we pull in future versions as needed
Consensus – Stay with 2.6, and bring in 2.8.2 items as needed (especially UDI) and document that well.
  • TF, CP, and general document versioning (Jeff, John)
Note: We may need to check with IHE about any requirements to use IHE's wiki and ftp site.
GitHub Repository
  • Reviewed work so far. Has Technical Frameworks on it. Volume 2 may split into two sub-volumes.
  • Will be able to version profiles.
  • Monroe suggested moving profiles over, and use nesting to include repositories.
  • NIST tools require MSH 21. Discussion of version 'backdating' for new messages and the OID.
Action Item Repository
Reviewed features; simplified updating, more visual. May need to adapt a few items
  • Looked at programs to help convert from Word documents. Good tools for sample or tool code, usually open source.
  • Good tutorial material on Git
We will migrate this year.
FTP Site Management process
  • Running a broken link program (Xenu), will run again, more constrained.
  • Jeff McG will copy archives back to main folder.
  • Will need to check with Mary Junger to see if she needs to access our ftp folders.
  • Structure built, some documents at the new site.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


4 ___ Status/Discussion:

http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8#Cycle_8_WorkItem_Candidates


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):



|}

Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.


Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.


Next Meetings

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PC and TC __ PCD PC&TC 2015-05-20 Webex

Joint PC, TC ______

TC _____

PC _______