PCD PC&TC 2009-04-15 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Joint meeting of the PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 0 Review & approve agenda
- 1 Review of Discussion Summaries:
- 2 HIMSS '09 Review (brief!)
- 3 IDCO Ballot Status
- 3 Spring F2F Meeting (May 4-8 @ NIST)
- 4 PIV Discussion Planning (NIST F2F & Proposed SAN F2F)
- 5 ARRA & HITSP Update
- 6 IHE International Update
- 7 PCD Web Updates
- 8 Current Development Status Updates
- 9 Need to determine which version of HL7 2.x (2.6 preferred) will be used going forward.
- 10 CIMIT and ASTM MOUs
- 11 Review Action Items
- 12 Set dates for next PC, TC meeting
- 13 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Discussion Summaries from previous meetings are not reviewed unless a significant issue is raised. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
- Chair: Todd Cooper
- Jon Blasingame, Sam Carello, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Micha Coleman, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Jianguo Jiang, Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Mary Moewe, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Jan Wittenber, Ray Zambuto, Scott Zaffrin, Vaughan Zakian, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Discussion Summary
- PC, TC meeting summaries accepted as posted; Manny to correct participant list.
- Manny to correct participant list.
3 HIMSS09 Review
- Chair, Manny
- Brief review with more detailed review scheduled for the WG meeting later today. The PCD area was placed on a major aisle, contributing to our success. We distributed approximately twice the number of handouts as last year. Visitors appeared to be more interested than last year as well. Manny talked with many other exhibitors throughout the hall. PCD anticipates twice the number of companies next year, and it could be more. Manny is compiling a list of contacts PCD made, and requested that anyone who has contacts for joining the PCD share that information with him, indicating who should follow up.
- ARRA and HITSP: HITSP is refocusing to align with the ARRA. This process will continue until mid-July. PCD should develop a story to demonstrate to them that PCD’s work supports their focus. In the ARRA specifics from the HITECH section 3002, items 5, 6 and 8 appear relevant. HITSP staff encouraged PCD to continue its work. John Garguilo will invite Lisa Carnahan to the F2F to describe how NIST will be supporting HITSP’s efforts.
- IHE International: Incorporation appears to be on track for the end of June. The 501 c 3 status should be available a few months later.
- The intellectual property process should be available in time to review at the F2F.
- The annual report to the Board is due July 31 for review by the board in August. It is a high level report and will be helpful in obtaining or maintaining visibility.
- Todd has updated the IHE.net web pages with descriptions of the profiles.
5 Face to Face
- Todd led a discussion of the agenda which is posted on PCD PC&TC 2009-05-04 to 08 F2F
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">