PCD DPI 2009-03-19 WebEx
IHE PCD Device Point-of-care Integration (DPI) White Paper development discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD DPI White Paper TG
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009
Time: 11:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 120 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone informaiton will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Develop HIMSS '09 IHE Showcase - PCD New Directions Graphic & Presentation
- 2. Schedule for DPI Activities next few weeks
- 3. Open discussion
Attachments / Materials
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (BSF)
- Ken Fuchs (Draeger), Manny Furst (Improvement Technologies), John Garguilo (NIST), Kai Hassing (Philips), Steve Merritt (Baystate Health), John Rhoads (Philips), Richard Roa (Respironics), Jan Wittenber (Philips)
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Given the pressing need to finalize HIMSS '09 IHE PCD "New Directions" poster and PowerPoint presentations, the agenda was abbreviated to this
- Abbreviated agenda reviewed and approved
2 Approval of Discussion Notes
- Discussion note review defered to the next meeting.
3 HIMSS '09 New Directions Wall Discussion
- The HIMSS '09 IHE Showcase PDC "New Directions" wall will include a DPI Poster + PowerPoint Presentation
- Manny reviewed the current New Directions wall layout (file: Showcase2009-NDF-1-200903110001.pdf)
- - Poster size will be around 17" x 22" (i.e., 2 X 8.5"/11")
- - Open question was whether we would be able to place additional graphics on the door
- Reviewed posters-in-progress from:
- - ACM/WCM (Fuchs)
- - NIST (Garguilo)
- - MEM (Merritt)
- Wall content should be loaded onto the PCD New Directions Wall FTP folder
- Poster Content Discussion:
- - Stress both intra (local) PoC integration as well as to enterprise
- - Show multiple PoC topologies/contexts
- - Show integration with / support for other PCD & IHE profiles (e.g., DEC, ACM, MEM, ... RTM!)
- - Show core functions: DnA, Reporting (real-time, full disclosure), Bi-Directional (SYM), External Control
- - Indicate wired/wireless, Point-to-Point / LAN, etc.
- - Call out core "actors": Physio monitor, vent, pump, manager, gateway, ...
- - Stress 3 key objectives: Heterogeneity, Semantic Interop, Real-time
- - Show core data types being supported: monitored parameters, controls, limits, waves, alarms, ...
- Possibly leverage graphics work done by Jan for the HITSP CMDC use case analysis
- ACTION: (Cooper/Wittenber) Draft DPI Poster Proposal for New Directions WebEx later this same day.
4 Next Meeting
- Next meeting <TBD>
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: <TBD> (120 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD DPI TG <TBD>