PCD DPI 2008-10-09 WebEx
IHE PCD Device Point-of-care Integration (DPI) profile development discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD DPI Profile TG
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2008
Time: 10:00, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00, New York)
Duration: 90 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone informaiton will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1 Approve Minutes from previous session
- 2 Review Action Items
- 3 FTP & wiki Site Review
- 4 F2F Preparation
- Thursday & Friday Participants
- Agenda Topics
- 5 PCD Profile Relationships
- Device Specializations vs. Transaction
- PnP & "Transaction Packages" (see MDCIG Demo II Document)
- 7 Profile Proposal Drafting for Boston
- DPI White Paper
- Device Specialization: Physio Monitor, Vent, ...
- 8 DPI White Paper Outline (Drafting)
- Major Sections
- Use Case Organization & Requirements Derivation
- Framework of PCD Profiles
- 9 Planning / Recruitment
Attachments / Materials
Minutes for approval:
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (BSF)
- Steve Borchers (Spacelabs), John Blasingame (Philips), Phil Raymond (Philips), John Rhoads (Philips), Jan Wittenber (Philips)
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Reviewed & Approved Agenda
- NOTE: The group didn't get to Agenda Items #5 to #9.
2 Approval of Minutes
3 Action Items Review
- Action items were reviewed.
4 DPI F2F Review
- Reviewed the schedule & agenda for the DPI F2F 2008.10.23 & 24.
- Agenda topics updated accordingly.
- Thursday afternoon should start with a discussion of the DPI Scope.
- Friday should include a key goal of coordination with the ICE & MDPnP groups.
5 DPI Scope Discussion
- Jan raised the issue regarding the DPI scope definition. Todd indicated that...
- - In previous discussions, the "big picture" had been balancing between DEC "enterprise" integration and DPI "point-of-care" integration
- - It did involve device direct plug-and-play links
- The use cases discussed in previous DPI sessions, including the draft PnP Supplement from 2007.06, shall define the DPI scope. These shall be inlcuded in the white paper. NOTE: Use cases may be used to indicate both what is IN the profiles and what is excluded from them. In other words, a given use case may include components that are provided by DPI profiles, but may also include those which are closer to enterprise or multi-enterprise integration.
- (Todd) Draft proposal DPI scope statement for review at the Monday 2008.10.13 discussion session.
6 General DPI Scope / Issues Discussion
- Relationship to PHD devices & non-clinical care contexts:
- - Does DPI address connection of a PHD device to a clinical DPI network?
- - Does DPI address deployment of DPI profiles in a non-clinical (e.g., home) context that includes PHD devices?
- QUESTION: Does DPI focus solely on clinical PoC integration?
- Use Case:
- - Dr. in car w/ PDA ... view & control device
- - Includes non-DPI PCD profiles such as DEC, ACM, MEM, ...
- - Includes non-PCD profiles
- Use Case: RTLS & MEM
- Use Case: Patient ID Binding (incl. RFID) ... DPI-PIB ...
- Use Case: Mobile PoC (esp. in clinic)
- ICE & DPI:
- - ICE requirements totally addressed by DPI
- - ICE requirements partially addressed by DPI
- - ICE requirements totally addressed by DPI & other profiles (PCD & IHE)
- White Paper should include mixed-modality care contexts (see above discussion).
- (Todd) Review current IHE mechanisms (e.g., using wiki pages) for capturing & analyzing use cases.
7 DPI Recruitment
- Numerous members of the DPI team were absent from today's discussion. This could be because it was on the Yom Kippur holiday or the short notice of the schedule.
- (Todd) Contact participants previously on the calls to ensure they are up-to-speed on DPI activities.
8 Next Meeting
- Next meeting will be scheduled for Monday 2008.10.13
- (Reviewed & approved by PCD DPI TG 2008-10-13)