PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-02-04 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Connectathon & Showcase Regularly Scheduled Meeting

Action Items

from Jan. 28

Due Dates and Item:

  • Open Date: Monitor PCD Connectathon registrations periodically.
  • Feb. 4: (All) Consider a more effective way to communicate the IHE/PCD message, with fewer presentations.
  • Determine which systems provide comparable information within the storyline, even if they are unique in other ways.
  • (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description), consistent with the overarching message (e.g., patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
  • Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
  • Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
  • Jan. 28: (Manny) Define data for preload, registration feed for visitors. Consider eliminating printers.
  • Jan. 28: (Manny) Address GE's concerns about staffing their Enterprise system.
  • Feb. 4: (Manny) Update on ADT/patient-visitor id and association with systems.
  • ADT: Bill Klaver for Virtual Connectathon; John Donnelly, and Steve Moore for Connectathon and Showcase. A04 will work this year
  • Feb. 4: (Manny) Final decision on printers.
  • Feb. 4: (John Garguilo) Updates on how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
  • (Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Vendors will provide their own approach to bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients and caregivers.
  • Feb. 4: (All) Confirm structure diagrams and utilities
  • Feb. 4: (Todd) Define contents of fourth wall, provision of monitors, laptops, keyboards, mice.
  • Feb. 4: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
  • Feb. 11: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario
  • Feb. 11: (Ken) Update block diagram with locations of SIS, Cerner, Capsule
  • Jan. 21: Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
  • Jan. 19 - Feb. 6: Virtual Connectathon (tentative deadline for completion; partners may test anytime before this)
  • Feb. 18: Change proposal to PIB for ADT in PIB option.


Agenda

Action Items
Issues and questions about:
  • The MWB
  • HL7
- v 2.5 vs. 2.5.1
- EUI-64
  • Kudu, Connectathon, Showcase
- PAM, PDQ for PCD alone - see the DOR tests; for complete PAM, PDQ see MESA tests
  • Report any discrepancies on tests listed for your systems to Manny
Connectathon Planning
  • Status report on Test Case development for Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, Connectathon
- DEC -
- ACM -
- PIV -
- RTM -
  • ADT for PIB – NOT for those implementing and testing ITI PAM, PDQ
  • Decision on which tests to use for Virtual Connectathon and Connectathon
- Wiki page is available for recording Virtual Connectathon results
- Can you test with two patients' data (e.g., two beds, two ARs or one AR with two patients)?
  • NIST validation of RTM
Showcase Planning
  • Scenario update
  • System Assignments
  • Assignments – identifying your partners,
- Tours - rethinking the concepts
  • Showcase Internet connections
  • Showcase Virtual Connectathon and Rehearsal at the Connectathon
  • Monitoring progress, issues through the rest of the process
- Risk Assessment
-Wiki page for Scripts
  • Showcase Structure
- Drawings, only minor changes are required
- Utilities (electric, network)
- Physical requirements (size, mounts if larger, etc)
- Logos -
- Signs thanking supporters
Timeline

Participants

Dan Bowling, Rita Brahmbhatt, Brett Cohen, Bikram Day, Walter Dobbins, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Brian Fors, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Chad Hays, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, Manny Furst

Discussion

Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Action Items
- Manny
Status/Discussion:

Those discussed and due Jan. 14 were:

  • Monitor PCD Connectathon registrations - ProfilesForConnectathonr21 was discussed. Brett (LiveData) indicated that they will support the SPD option.
  • Consider a more effective way to communicate the IHE/PCD message, with fewer presentations - the Task Force will meet later in the week. Gary Meyer and Scott Zaffrin have provided initial thoughts.
  • Define data for preload, registration feed for visitors. Consider eliminating printers - no one indicated a need to preload data in the ADT system. HIMSS is not going to include all meeting registrants in the ADT system, only those that register at the Showcase. Participants were asked if 300-500 PAM messages would cause any difficulty for those using PAM. No one responded. Concern was expressed about the unnecessary characters in the bar code. Manny will ask John if they have been removed.
  • Virtual Connectathon - no one indicated any concerns except for the Initiate ADT system. Bill Klaver is working on the issue and those testing will retry.
  • Printers - should not be needed if the bar code is corrected.
  • RTM validation - likely will not occur in advance of, or at the Connectathon.
  • Confirm structure diagrams and utilities - Elli (HIMSS exhibit hall manager) notified Manny that the design will be cast in concrete the week of the Connectathon. PCD's design will be finalized the week before. Remaining issues need to be brought forward.
  • New Directions wall - Dan Bowling provided a draft PPT for the ACM extension (AM to AC). It will likely become a template for the other Profiles. RTM will have a graphic.
  • Docent training - still a possibility on this timetable.
  • Draft scenario and possible Webex in advance of the Connectathon - still a possibility on this timetable.
  • Update block diagram - Ken offered to update it. It will be useful for participants and recruiting at the Connectathon.
  • MAC addresses - participants were requested to notify Steve with any remaining devices/systems and projected availability. Manny was asked to confirm that MAC addresses for wired systems is not needed.

Items with other dates:

Those closed were:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny will ask John if the unnecessary characters in the badge bar code have been removed.
  • Manny was asked to confirm that MAC addresses for wired systems is not needed.


3 Issues and Questions
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • MWB tables don’t support all of the PCD messages. The tables can be augmented or not used as work around approaches.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Connectathon Planning
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Draft test descriptions for ACM, PIV were distributed for review. Boiler plate will be added when they are posted to Kudu.
  • Draft DEC test descriptions should be available Monday for review. This portion of the tests were lost in Kudu's transition from last year.


  • Virtual Connectathon
- See above

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


5 Items on Agenda List
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • No additional items

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Return to main WG page which has links to individual meeting pages

Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9