PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2009-01-28 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG

Action Items

from Jan. 21

Due Dates and Item:

  • Open Date: Monitor PCD Connectathon registrations periodically.
  • Jan. 28: (All) Consider a more effective way to communicate the IHE/PCD message, with fewer presentations.
  • Determine which systems provide comparable information within the storyline, even if they are unique in other ways.
  • Jan. 28: (Manny) Define data for preload, registration feed for visitors. Consider eliminating printers.
  • Jan. 28: (Manny) Address GE's concerns about staffing their Enterprise system.
  • Jan. 28: (Manny) Update on ADT/patient-visitor id and association with systems.
  • ADT: Bill Klaver for Virtual Connectathon; John Donnelly, and Steve Moore for Connectathon and Showcase. A04 will work this year
  • Jan. 28: (Manny) Verify that we will have an A04 message this year. Request preloaded data (medication order, demographics).
  • Jan. 16: (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view.
  • Identify overarching message (e.g., patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
  • Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
  • Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
  • Jan. 21: (Manny) Zebra has agreed to provide printers. We need to decide between two suggested models; determine if Epic can use the same Postscript printer Ruth provides; assure access to the registration kiosk.
  • Jan. 21(John Garguilo): Updates on how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
  • (Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Vendors will provide their own approach to bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients and caregivers.
  • Jan. 21: (Manny) Created Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Will eventually include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
  • Jan. 16: (Bikram, Rita/Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware, the coding of parameters, identifying partners for testing and demonstration.
  • Jan. 16: (Brett) Update name for alarm product
  • Jan. 16: (All) Confirm structure diagrams and utilities
  • Jan. 28: (Todd) Define contents of fourth wall, provision of monitors, laptops, keyboards, mice.
  • Jan. 21: (Manny) Set PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
  • Jan. 21: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario
  • Jan. 21: (Ken) Update block diagram with locations of SIS, Cerner, Capsule
  • Jan. 21: Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
  • Jan. 19 - Feb. 6: Virtual Connectathon (tentative deadline for completion; partners may test anytime before this)
  • Feb. 18: Change proposal to PIB for ADT in PIB option.

Agenda

Action Items
Issues and questions about:
  • The MWB
  • HL7
- v 2.5 vs. 2.5.1
- EUI-64
  • Kudu, Connectathon, Showcase
- PAM, PDQ for PCD alone - see the DOR tests; for complete PAM, PDQ see MESA tests
  • Report any discrepancies on tests listed for your systems to Manny
Connectathon Planning
  • Status report on Test Case development for Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, Connectathon
- DEC -
- ACM -
- PIV -
- RTM -
  • ADT for PIB – NOT for those implementing and testing ITI PAM, PDQ
  • Decision on which tests to use for Virtual Connectathon and Connectathon
- Wiki page is available for recording Virtual Connectathon results
- Can you test with two patients' data (e.g., two beds, two ARs or one AR with two patients)?
  • NIST validation of RTM
Showcase Planning
  • Scenario update
  • System Assignments
  • Assignments – identifying your partners,
- Tours - rethinking the concepts
  • Showcase Internet connections
  • Showcase Virtual Connectathon and Rehearsal at the Connectathon
  • Monitoring progress, issues through the rest of the process
- Risk Assessment
-Wiki page for Scripts
  • Showcase Structure
- Drawings, only minor changes are required
- Utilities (electric, network)
- Physical requirements (size, mounts if larger, etc)
- Logos -
- Signs thanking supporters
Timeline

Participants

Dan Bowling, Rita Brahmbhatt, Brett Cohen, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Robert Cuyugan, Bikram Day, Robert Flanders, Brian Fors, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Gary Meyer, Robert Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Scott Zaffrin, Manny Furst

Discussion

Review of Meeting Notes: Corrections should be made to the Wiki; significant issues placed on agenda of the next meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Action Items
- Manny
Status/Discussion:

Those discussed and due Jan. 28 were:

  • All those listed

Those closed were:

  • (Manny) Created Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Will eventually include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
  • (Bikram, Rita/Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware, the coding of parameters, identifying partners for testing and demonstration.
  • (Brett) Update name for alarm product
  • (Manny) Verify that we will have an A04 message this year. Request preloaded data (medication order, demographics).

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Decide on Scenario options (see below).
  • Set meeting on ADT with John Donnelly.
3 Issues and Questions
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Jeff Rinda: Several issues arose indicating that certain items in the Supplement were not tightly defined or in error. One is to use the MDC values first, UCUM second. Jeff proposed using both. Khalid: ACM has a couple of similar issues.
  • HL7 v2.5 will be used this year; no body sites are required, and consideration of 2.5.1 is postponed.
  • NIST validation: John Garguilo is still working on correct MWB profile for DEC. Monroe updated the ACM and making progress on that MWB profile. For ACM each AR has some uniqueness, making this more complicated. There may be a need for an AR and a separate AM profile. The AM profile would be more accepting.
  • PCD Connectathon Registrations: One of Hospira’s systems has withdrawn from the Showcase, will remain at the Connectathon.
  • Issues remain about ADT for PCD systems. Manny will set a meeting with John Donnelly.
  • Connectathon tests remain to be defined.
  • Logistics for the Connectathon: Electrical must be ordered by Feb. 6, with the hotel. People were encouraged to bring supporting devices: power strips, hubs/switches, Ethernet cables. Monroe said that outlet strips must have switches.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Connectathon Planning
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Several companies have yet to post Pre-Connectathon tests on Kudu.
  • Virtual Connectathon
- Participants were encouraged to test and post minimal information about the tests on the Wiki.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Sarah led a discussion about the Showcase presentations, recommending that we present a high level message with little about features of specific vendor systems. The Doodle survey will be used to gather remaining viewpoints about the options (individual company presentations or a few speakers; and on the choice between one complete tour or tours of at most two clinical sites/walls). Ken noted that having individual company presentations will take longer and will require that tours take no more than two sides. Ken and Sarah noted that having a few speakers make the presentions will place responsibility on them to master the presentation.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • The survey will remain open until tomorrow.

Return to main WG page which has links to individual meeting pages

Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9