PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2008-11-19 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG

Action Items

  • Open Date: Monitor registrations for various actors.
  • Nov. 5: Determine how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
  • Nov. 12: Manny to contact Jim Higgins (Cerner) to coordinate Hill-Rom support. They provided a bed and a gurney in the past.
  • Nov. 12: Sarah Higgins to identify contacts at Zebra and Manny to talk with them about bar code printers.
  • From the Workshop:
Nov. 19: (Ruth) Does this include the 5-rights data entry (see minutes, item ?
Nov. 19: (Al) A04, A01, A02... supported by PAM?
Nov. 19: (Colin FX/ Ruth) - summarize patient ID/registration requirements / issues from discussion. Group will then review and discuss in a subsequent WebEx session.
Nov. 19: (Bikram) Describe the approach Capsule wants to take to have bidirectional distributed demo - pushing data in from their booth to the demo.
Nov. 19: (Manny) Emails to Lisa with feedback on the Workshop
Nov. 19: (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view.
Dec. 3: (Manny) Learn if HIMSS Convention Registration will include an MRN barcode
(Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Establish bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients
(All) Patient IDs, ADT/PIB issues
Dec. 3:(Manny) PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon)
Dec. 3: (Manny) Create Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
Dec. 3: (All) Identify overarching message (patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed
Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
Dec. 3: (Bikram, Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware
Dec. 3: (Manny) Draft ACM tests ready for review
Dec. 3: (Manny) Coordinate ADT testing (Virtual and Connectathon) with Bill Klaver
Dec. 18: (Brett) Update name for alarm product
Dec. 18: (Manny) HIMSS badge - MRN?
Dec. 18: (Manny, pump vendors, any others) Wireless spectrum management
 ? Steve Moore needs MAC addresses
Dec. 18: (Emergin, LiveData) Schedule Connectathon on site testing with Polycom
Jan. 6:(Manny) Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
Jan. 6?: (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario

Agenda

Issues and questions about:

  • The Trial Implementation version of any profiles
  • The MWB
  • HL7
  • Timeline
  • Kudu, Installation Test (PAM, PDQ)
  • RTM Validation
  • Pre-Connectathon and Virtual Connectathon Testing

Connectathon Planning

  • Status report on Test Case development
  • DEC
  • ACM
  • PIV
  • RTM
  • Other
Capsule device parameters
Cerner device parameters
ADT and PIV

Showcase Planning

Suggestions offered by Jeff Rinda, Scott
  • Wall layout, census - sequence revision
  • Equipment inventory

Participants

Rita Brahmbhatt, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Brian Fors, Ken Fuchs, Colin FX Gartska, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Brad Lunde, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi

Chair: Manny Furst

Discussion

Review of Meeting Notes should be made to the Wiki; significant issues brought to the next meeting
- Manny

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • No changes

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Action Items
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Monitor registrations for various actors. Cerner deleted the DOC.
  • Determine how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon. John Garguilo described potential approaches and requested participants determine the parameters they see required to support the clinical scenario. Paul noted that he will provide all necessary parameter information in an update to the RTM table next week. Change date to Dec. 3.
  • Manny to contact Jim Higgins (Cerner) to coordinate Hill-Rom support. They provided a bed and a gurney in the past. Rita indicated that Cerner will arrange for Hill-Rom and Stryker beds and a gurney. Their system will receive and transmit data from both beds. Manny will provide details to Rita. Close.
  • Sarah Higgins to identify contacts at Zebra and Manny to talk with them about bar code printers. Manny asked participants to suggest additional companies to approach for loans as well as to invite to participate in MEM. Change date.
  • (Ruth) Does this include the 5-rights data entry? Robert to ask Ruth and to ask her about patient ID. Change date.
  • (Al) A04, A01, A02... supported by PAM? Al provided detail about ITI-30 and ITI-31. Manny to contact Bill Klaver, Steve Moore and John Donnelly to assure availability of A04 which is outside the scope of PIB.
  • (Colin FX/ Ruth) - summarize patient ID/registration requirements / issues from discussion. Group will then review and discuss in a subsequent WebEx session. Change date.
  • (Bikram) Describe the approach Capsule wants to take to have bidirectional distributed demo - pushing data in from their booth to the demo. No change; change date.
  • (Manny) Emails to Lisa with feedback on the Workshop; were sent. Close.
  • (All) Provide material for the Scenario (outline or brief description) to be followed by Manny compiling a single view. Change date to Nov. 24.
  • (Manny) Learn if HIMSS Convention Registration will include an MRN barcode. Change date.
Paul requested determination of the bar code standard that will be used.
Manny to ask John Donnelly for specifics.
(Pump Vendors, Enterprise Systems) Establish bar coding for drugs, infusions, patients
(All) Patient IDs, ADT/PIB issues. Close (addressed elsewhere)
  • (Manny) PCD Docent training WebEx / on site (and run through at Connectathon) Change date.
  • (Manny) Create Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc. Change date.
  • (All) Identify overarching message (patient safety. Note that Ray presented the stakeholder survey which showed:
Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
Workshop discussion suggested we focus on these, with 5 rights, remote alarm communication among the specifics
  • (Bikram, Jim Higgins) Identify the devices to be connected to middleware. Addressed elsewhere. Close.
  • (Manny) Draft ACM tests ready for review. Change date.
  • (Manny) Coordinate ADT testing (Virtual and Connectathon) with Bill Klaver. Addressed elsewhere. Close.
  • (Brett) Update name for alarm product
  • (Manny) HIMSS badge - MRN? Addressed elsewhere. Close.
  • (Manny, pump vendors, any others) Wireless spectrum management. Didi is not supportive of addressing this throughout the convention hall, recommends approaching John Donnelly. Manny will contact John.
  • Steve Moore needs MAC addresses; date TBD
  • (Emergin, LiveData) Schedule Connectathon on site testing with Polycom
  • (Manny) Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
  • (All) Webex run through of draft Scenario

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Issues and Questions
-
Status/Discussion:
  • No issues beyond those discussed above.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to distribute:
Al's email re PAM
Jeff Rinda's PIV issues and high level discussion of the Scenario
Scott Zaffrin's detailed PIV portion of the Scenario
4 Connectathon and Showcase Planning
-
Status/Discussion:

Patient and Device Identification

  • Two different use cases exist within PAM; this provides more detail than possible above.
PCD does not require systems support patient location – we need to survey group to learn if they can support the messages needed for the showcase. ITI-30 transaction was chosen for TF because location is not required by PCD systems.
We will use ITI-31 for Showcase. Systems are not able to test ITI-31 formally at the Connectathon because ITI-30 is the PIB option. We will need to set up informal testing at Connectathon and assure this is available at the Showcase. Check with Steve Moore, John Donnelly re need to support both options in ITI-30.
  • Rita, Chad asked about associating the patient's MRN with the device. Colin described last year's process: Epic obtained or provided registration through Showcase web portal. PAM A04 was then sent to device vendors. Epic used PDQ to associate the patient with the EMR. A paper bar code with MRN was printed and passed along to the other vendors. Rita asked if the device can be scanned to associate the device with the patient, e.g., pumps. Last year the devices weren’t scanned. Scott said pumps will have id's in ICU and SD through the BCMAs. We will need to consider the OR separately. Chad asked if PCD-01 to have patient context hard coded? Will use an ADT message.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to set up PIV meeeti for week after Thanksgiving.
  • Manny to work with Initiate for ADT system to have ITI-04 available, and then ask Steve Moore, John Donnelly for help in getting another one or two companies to provide backup testing.
5 Test Case Development
-
Status/Discussion:
  • No change
Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Return to main WG page which has links to individual meeting pages

Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2008-9