PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2008-11-05 Webex
PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG
- Action Items
- Open Date: Monitor registrations for various actors.
- Nov. 5: Determine how RTM will be tested in Pre-Connectathon, Virtual Connectathon, and Connectathon.
- Likely to select a number of parameters, etc. for testing this year
- Relatively small addition to one or two tests for each profile
- Oct. 15: Why are more companies not implementing SPD query within DOC? Which companies will implement and test this query this year?
- Issues and questions about:
- The Trial Implementation version of any profiles
- The MWB
- Those needing the introductory Tutorial should contact Peter
- November 17, 1 pm EST looks likely for the Advanced
- Interview Form, Kudu, Installation Test (PAM, PDQ)
- Connectathon and Showcase Planning
- Connectathon and earlier tests
- Scenario update, see below, and
- Will we demonstrate DOF/SPD? Should it be shown on the block diagram?
- How would we demo in the short time available?
- Should we plan on a stronger Docent/Tour Leader role for continuity?
- Status report on Test Case development
IHE PCD Showcase Scenario Draft 2009
Overview: Male patient, 65 years, BMI 32 (slightly overweight), coronary artery disease (AMI 6 months ago), moderate COPD (smoker), compensated renal insufficiency (40% GFR). Adenocarcinoma of the lower esophagus (close to the entry into the stomach), scheduled for gastrectomy and distal, transabdominal esophagectomy.
Operating Room Patient needs full invasive CV monitoring starting at induction. Patient identified on each of the 3 vendor pumps and started on 3 infusions: Dextrose 5% 1000 mL @ 75 mL/hr, propofol, @100 mcg/kg/min and morphine 100 mg/ dextrose 5% 100 nL @ 1 mg/hr. Status of all 3 infusions is viewable on monitors via PCD01/02.
Intensive Care Unit After surgery patient remains intubated and is transferred to ICU. After initial stabilization (some fluids according to CO and SvO2, low dose Dopamine) rapid weaning of the ventilator on SmartCare/PS.
Using PIV, the nurse uses BCMA to send low dose Dopamine 400 mg in Dextrose 5% 250 mL @ 2.5 mcg/kg/min) to pump to aid kidney perfusion. The infusion status is viewable on monitors via PCD01/02
The patient is extubated after 12 hours after admission to ICU. Ventilator Alarms are managed, routed and displayed Discharge to SDU after 36 hours.
Step-Down Unit On SDU patient require still monitoring of HR, BP, RR and SpO2
Antibiotic continued for 72 hours. Vancomycin 1 g in Dextrose 5% 250 mL is infused over 60 minutes via IV device. Using PIV, the nurse uses BCMA to send Vancomycin order data to pump. The infusion status is viewable on monitors via PCD01/02
Al Engelbert, Brett Cohen, Robert Cuyugan, Robert Flanders, Brian Fors, Ken Fuchs, Sarah Hopkins, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- No changes
2 Approval of Meeting Notes should be made to the Wiki; significant issues brought to the next meeting
3 Action Items Review
- Reviewed registrations, updated spreadsheet will be distributed (r13)
- Reviewed John Garguilo's ideas for testing RTM:
- Limited testing this year of a defined set of parameters, UOM, etc. Likely to be one or two tests for each profile.
- Testing possible during pre-connectathon, virtual connectathon and/or connectathon; testing in advance will minimize time spent at Connectathon
- May utilize log of messages received, then utilize NIST tools
- Brett asked about use of middleware to validate RTM as the message is transmitted to the consumer; NIST is looking into MWB. Possibility of doing this in and/or before the Connectathon. Use of a log was one of the suggestions John Garguilo offered in a conversation with Manny this morning.
- Implementation of DOF: Cerner will use DOF to restrict data to pumps. Brett indicated DOF/SPD is an essential feature and others agreed. Brett offered the following example: ORs are using a few pumps, but hospital has several hundred. There's a need to focus on those in use in OR and not process data from hundreds. Robert Flanders agreed, indicating that their gateway reduces the flow of data from physiologic monitors.
Action(s): Ask John to join one or the other meeting next week.
4 Issues and Questions
- Reminder that Pete Rontey will provide the initial tutorial for VA staff. Those interested should contact Peter for an invitation.
- The Advanced MWB Tutorial will be scheduled for 1-3 pm Monday Nov. 17, which appears acceptable to all. Webex information to be provided.
- Al found some problems and Peter provided an executable that addresses these. Al will post to ftp and send an email. Peter also sent a procedure to obtain original ACK.
- No other significant issues.
5 Connectathon and Showcase Planning
- Updated block diagram will be distributed.
- Participants were asked to review the spreadsheet identifying system participation and offer corrections, changes.
- Brian indicated that GE's DOF is a stretch goal.
- Cerner will use the DOF to obtain only pump data, and that may be a model for short discussion of its importance by them and others.
- Participants were asked to consider what they want to say as the detailed Scenario is developed and then the Script.
- Brett suggested several reasons why each company representative should provide its portion of the Script, rather than having a single person present for all on a tour or single site (OR, ICU, SD). Manny reviewed Bikram's suggestion for the latter. A decision will be made when the Script is drafted.
- Manny to contact Jim Higgins (Cerner) to coordinate Hill-Rom support. They provided a bed and a gurney in the past.
- Sarah Higgins to identify contacts at Zebra and Manny to talk with them about bar code printers.
6 Test Case Development
- Participants were asked to indicate if test cases were needed before Thanksgiving. None were requested at the moment.