PCD Cochairs 2010-09-21 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review Previous Meeting Summary previous Discussion Summary from 2010.09.14
3. F2F Agenda
4. Profile Updates
5. ONC Update (was HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update)
6. Technical Framework Update
7. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
8. Standards Coordination
9. Funding Status update
10. Board Report
11. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
12. AAMI/FDA Pump Conference
13. IHE International
- Patent Process follow-up
14. Recruiting
- EHR/EMR, ADT, WCM, other
- Help GG
15. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
16. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
17. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
18. Additional Business
19. Action Items
20. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on September 14, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-09-14 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Placeholder

Cochairs: Ken Fuchs, John Garguiolo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: John
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- John Rhoads
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Deferred
Status/Discussion:
Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Agenda Items
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • 3. F2F: Manny to ping Erin about Monday and distribute invitation and rsvp update. Approximately 20 have indicated they will come.
  • 4. Profile Updates: Manny indicated all ballots have ended and passed. We await official confirmation from Yvonne.
  • 5. ONC establishes criteria for certification. These labs will use their own tools and/or others. NIST is developing tools for requirements for this purpose from the generic use cases. The goal is rigorous testing.
  • 6. TF Update: Mary is about ready to publish volumes 1 and 2. There are references in Volume 2 to Volume 3. E.g., Appendix D was removed from Volume 2 intended to be included in Volume 3. John Garguilo noted that Todd was going to use the NIST ICS Generator to validate the TF. Discussion will continue at the upcoming IEEE meeting.
  • 7. Connectathons and Showcases
- Korean Connectathon – Todd has communicated with John Rhoads and John Garguilo
- Manny provided an update on Connectathon registration, noting three new companies have registered: Alert (EMR), Oz Systems (Hearing Screening),
- The Showcase
  • 8. Standards: Nothing new.
  • 9. Funding: Nothing new.
  • 10. Board: John Garguilo summarized the discussion about cross-domain coordination. He also noted that Mary Jungers is creating a cross domain glossary. They are also developing a Content Profile Template. Chris Carr is developing an author training guidance document. They are reviewing the fee structure for Connectathon. QRPH registration this year will be no charge. Chris asked that PC cochairs for each domain update the domain milestone chart continuously. John will add a link on the F2F agenda. The next meeting will be next week.
  • 11. Status: MEM: Security WP is starting, RTLS will meet Friday. Ben Mannisto has recruited five vendors interested in harmonizing these interfaces.
  • 12. AAMI/FDA Pump Conference: PCD distributed three registrations. Ken suggested that interoperability, if it arises, will not be the focus. Scott will attend.
  • 13. IHE International: No change.
  • 14. Recruiting: Manny indicated that recruiting is important for Connectathon and Showcase success. The PCD Help GG has not received a lot of interest. Manny will issue an invitation after registration closes.
  • 15. IHE PCD Asia, Europe: Manny noted a Greek pump company joined the Pump WG today as the PCD becomes more international all the time.
  • 16. ITI Outreach: Geoffrey Pascoe replaced Karen as cochair. Todd asked him to meet with PCD cochairs.
  • 17. TF Discussions in DCC: See above.
  • 18. Additional business: Nothing new.
  • 19. Action Items: Deferred.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to ping Erin about Monday and distribute invitation and rsvp update.
  • Manny will issue an invitation after registration closes.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be September 28, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-09-28 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home