PCD Cochairs 2010-09-21 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review Previous Meeting Summary previous Discussion Summary from 2010.09.14
- 3. F2F Agenda
- 4. Profile Updates
- 5. ONC Update (was HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update)
- 6. Technical Framework Update
- 7. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- 8. Standards Coordination
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Board Report
- 11. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 12. AAMI/FDA Pump Conference
- 13. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up
- 14. Recruiting
- - EHR/EMR, ADT, WCM, other
- - Help GG
- 15. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 16. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 17. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 18. Additional Business
- 19. Action Items
- 20. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on September 14, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-09-14 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Ken Fuchs, John Garguiolo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- John Rhoads
2 Review Meeting Summaries
3 Action Items Review
4 Agenda Items
- 3. F2F: Manny to ping Erin about Monday and distribute invitation and rsvp update. Approximately 20 have indicated they will come.
- 4. Profile Updates: Manny indicated all ballots have ended and passed. We await official confirmation from Yvonne.
- 5. ONC establishes criteria for certification. These labs will use their own tools and/or others. NIST is developing tools for requirements for this purpose from the generic use cases. The goal is rigorous testing.
- 6. TF Update: Mary is about ready to publish volumes 1 and 2. There are references in Volume 2 to Volume 3. E.g., Appendix D was removed from Volume 2 intended to be included in Volume 3. John Garguilo noted that Todd was going to use the NIST ICS Generator to validate the TF. Discussion will continue at the upcoming IEEE meeting.
- 7. Connectathons and Showcases
- - Korean Connectathon – Todd has communicated with John Rhoads and John Garguilo
- - Manny provided an update on Connectathon registration, noting three new companies have registered: Alert (EMR), Oz Systems (Hearing Screening),
- - The Showcase
- 8. Standards: Nothing new.
- 9. Funding: Nothing new.
- 10. Board: John Garguilo summarized the discussion about cross-domain coordination. He also noted that Mary Jungers is creating a cross domain glossary. They are also developing a Content Profile Template. Chris Carr is developing an author training guidance document. They are reviewing the fee structure for Connectathon. QRPH registration this year will be no charge. Chris asked that PC cochairs for each domain update the domain milestone chart continuously. John will add a link on the F2F agenda. The next meeting will be next week.
- 11. Status: MEM: Security WP is starting, RTLS will meet Friday. Ben Mannisto has recruited five vendors interested in harmonizing these interfaces.
- 12. AAMI/FDA Pump Conference: PCD distributed three registrations. Ken suggested that interoperability, if it arises, will not be the focus. Scott will attend.
- 13. IHE International: No change.
- 14. Recruiting: Manny indicated that recruiting is important for Connectathon and Showcase success. The PCD Help GG has not received a lot of interest. Manny will issue an invitation after registration closes.
- 15. IHE PCD Asia, Europe: Manny noted a Greek pump company joined the Pump WG today as the PCD becomes more international all the time.
- 16. ITI Outreach: Geoffrey Pascoe replaced Karen as cochair. Todd asked him to meet with PCD cochairs.
- 17. TF Discussions in DCC: See above.
- 18. Additional business: Nothing new.
- 19. Action Items: Deferred.
- Manny to ping Erin about Monday and distribute invitation and rsvp update.
- Manny will issue an invitation after registration closes.
The next meeting will be September 28, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-09-28 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">