PCD Cochairs 2010-09-07 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review Previous Meeting Summaries Summary from 2010.08.24 and previous Discussion Summary from 2010.08.31
- 3. F2F Agenda
- - Joint PC/TC meetings before, after?
- 4. Profile Updates
- 5. ONC Update (was HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update)
- 6. Technical Framework Update
- 7. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- 8. Standards Coordination
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Board Report
- 11. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 12. AAMI/FDA Pump Conference
- 13. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up
- 14. Recruiting
- - EHR/EMR, ADT, WCM, other
- - Help GG
- 15. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 16. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 17. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 18. Additional Business
- 19. Action Items
- 20. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on August 31, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-08-31 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Ken Fuchs, John Garguiolo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No changes were requested.
3 Action Items Review
4 Agenda Items
- 3. F2F: Ken updated the agenda on the Wiki page, allocating time for the orientation on Monday and a tour of ECRI Institute on Tuesday. ACTION: Need to publicize the orientation and invitation to attend Monday morning for general orientation
- 4. Profile Updates:
- - WCM: Ken described the status, noting that a number of terms need to be defined before release, and Jan will be asked to help provide these.
- - MEM: Steve provided an update: location services and security of medical devices are on track for submission as new Workitems.
- - ACM: John Rhoads described work to correct the way IEC characteristics are coded into the ACM. The last dot level in OBR-4 should be used to distinguish different OBXs, but PCD-04 uses it differently. This will be rewritten to help the reader understand how facets are used in ACM. The change will be significant enough to require a CP ballot.
- 5. No comments.
- 6. The TI versions of the TF have been given to Mary Jungers and will be published. Ken and John will turn to developing the FT versions.
- 7. 2011 NA Connectathon and HIMSS Showcase:
- Manny summarized Connectathon status, noting
- - Alert has joined the PCD with an EMR, likely as the result of John Donnelly’s recruiting.
- - WCM is likely to be a New Directions message and not fully tested. The option is now available for registration as an option for ACM, DEC.
- - ACM will test WCTP if we receive sufficient registrations for the AC actor.
- - John Rhoads noted that test case reviews are underway and members should review them.
- - Opportunities have increased:
- o Integration with other domains: PCD could be represented within another domain’s pod if only one or two systems are required (e.g., fetal monitoring outside the hospital).
- o Additional stories on separate structure if needed due to additional members, transactions.
- - Need to assure face time given the additional companies, transactions.
- - Opportunities have increased:
- 9. Ken will ask about status.
- 16. No significant changes. Steve will notify ITI of the RTLS effort and invite any interested ITI members to participate.
- 3: Need to publicize the orientation and invitation to attend Monday morning for non-member introduction to PCD.
- 7: Manny to ask John Donnelly what the duration of tours will be this year.
- 16: Steve will notify ITI of the RTLS effort and invite any interested ITI members to participate.
The next meeting will be September 14, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-09-14 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">