PCD Cochairs 2009-02-17 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes


Proposed Agenda

Please add your suggestions this is the placeholder from Feb. 3; no meeting was held 2/10

Review Discussion Summary last meeting Feb. 3, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-02-03 Webex
Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- Grants - Status update from discussions with HIMSS
- Other opportunities
Cycle 4 Proposals Update PCD Proposals 2009-2010
Spring F2F Planning
HITSP Engagement Update
- RMON Resolution
- CDC Use Case Assessment
IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- IHE Australia update
- IEEE MoU
- IHE International: Incorporation Status
- How best address incompatibility of interoperable systems that may affect patient care
Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- Handouts
- Showcase management: Didi's comments (see below)
- Identifying real systems
- Issues raised (SIS, Cerner recently)
HIMSS session at AAMI - Ray, Todd, Manny and anyone else who would like to participate
Action Items
IHE Marketing
PCD Wikis
Next meeting - Proposed Agenda
Other

Attachments / Materials

placeholder from Feb. 3

Discussion Summary of earlier meetings Feb. 3, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-02-03 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot April 14, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Also see #57.
57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs February 10, 2009 OPEN Passed nearly unanimously, with 13 in favor, one abstention. While the roster is not available for validation the document has passed. See #63 also.
61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray 2009.02.10 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T.
70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 2009.02.17 OPEN The IEEE/IHE MOU is close to completion. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials.
74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
  • (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
  • (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
  • (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
  • (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
  • (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
  • Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
  • (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. Bridget made a presentation last Friday. As a consultant for Continua she didn’t get deeply into the substance as of Friday. Rick gave her a lot of fee rein. She appears to place emphasis on deliverable products. There’s an internal effort by the Wide Area Network Group to determine technical requirements.
82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken February 3, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray spoke with Julian who postponed the discussion. Ray will follow up. There’s an ICE meeting next week. There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT).
83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.02.03 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding. Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information. Grants Advantage responded to the discussion, saying there may be federal funds in AHRQ’s Comparative Effectiveness Research Program and that $3-5K would be required to write the proposal. If Didi doesn’t have funds, perhaps ACCE would support this. Ray will make the request. Ken will contact Edna at HIMSS Advantage and Jon White and Michael Fitzmaurice at AHRQ, for more information and will ask Edna about private foundation funds. Manny to send Edna’s email to Ray, Elliot re ACCE funds. Ray received a response from the ACCE Foundation indicating they would be interested in supporting the grant writing, but Ray is hoping that ACCE would itself fund the grant writing. Ray will approach several board members to ask that this be on the board agenda. Ken sent Jon White at AHRQ an email to learn of his interest; this is in follow up to a suggestion from Edna Boone at HIMSS. Todd suggested we consider a prototype project for the application of PCD profiles. Todd and Elliot will be in DC at a HITSP TC and that may present opportunities to talk with people and scope out opportunities.
John Halamka requested input for an article he is writing about optimal allocation of stimulus funding. Elliot will be, and the cochairs were, invited to contribute ideas. The cochairs need to provide Elliot with some suggestions that show this would be an economic stimulus and an investment in future jobs and healthcare benefits in the future.
84 AAMI meeting - session and booth Cochairs Todd, Ray, Manny February 10, 2009 OPEN Todd has confirmed speakers. Ray learned from Didi that HIMSS will have a booth at AAMI focused on HIMSS. PCD will not have a booth.
85 F2F at NIST the week of May 4 Cochairs OPEN Manny will contact John Garguilo to obtain security and other information and then issue a notice.
86 HIMSS09 Web Page Cochairs February 10, 2009 OPEN NEW HIMSS09 web page update has made two PCD related links quite visible. These are out of date. Cochairs will review and see if there are other links that might be substituted or if those pages need to be updated. Add to next meeting’s agenda.


Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, John Rhoads
Sponsor:
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Accepted in the absence of a quorum

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
No comments were received about meeting summary.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Only updates are provided here.
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 57: PCD governance document -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 70: IEEE MOU - :* IEEE MOU has been approved by IHE. The IEEE is expected to sign promptly.
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON - HITSP update: Elliot and Todd are at the HITSP meetings. They will obtain clarification on the National e–Health Initiative. Todd had contacted John Donnelly for help in understanding some of Bridget’s conclusions.
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT - CIMIT MOU – discussion scheduled for next week
  • 83: Funding Possibilities - ACCE Foundation may consider funding grant writing.
  • 84: AAMI meeting -
  • 85: F2F May 4-8 - Only a few people have responded that they plan to come. Add to F2F: Incompatibilty of PCD compliant systems, e.g., IOP/IOC incompatibility
  • 86: HIMSS09 Web Page -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Connectathon and Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny reported that participants appear to be on track for the Connectathon and that he will be speaking with Elli Riley, HIMSS Exhibit manager about the structure. The Scenario task force is doing a great job with the new approach of one tour of all three clinical areas.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Profile Update
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Cycle 4 Proposals: Reviewed ballot results. Paul suggested that there may be more interest in regulatory issues than the ballot indicates. Closed loop pump control is one area. Paul also indicated that Monroe raised the important issue of ranges/limits and consistent coding for alarms. This will be a discussion next week at the Connectathon.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Announcements
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • IP Issue: Todd indicated that one of the IOP companies in November revealed that they had some IP issues and have stepped back from the Showcase. The status of the patent is that it was submitted three years ago, has not been issued and is likely to be a real issue for implementation. The important aspect is that this raised concern about IP issues. Todd will seek information from IEEE about their process. Paul indicated that IEEE meetings start with a slide at the beginning of meetings.
  • Australia is proceeding.
  • Incorporation issues arose at the last Board meeting. A vote may be delayed beyond April.
  • Jack Harrington’s name will be on the ballot for the emeritus position.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

n Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be March 3, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-03-03 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home