This page is being updated, please revisit soon for more information Aug 7, 2014
- Vision/Mission: This is our long term focus. It does not change except under very rare circumstances. The vision and mission statements of PCC can be found on the main PCC wiki page
- Strategic Goals: These items constitute our medium term focus and do not necessarily represent any specific project or work efforts, but rather categorize what we focus on. These items are reviewed at least once annually, typically during the fall planning meetings.
- Action Ideas: These are more specific to projects that we are interested in pursing or already pursuing. This list is not necessarily always kept up to date and may be reviewed/updated multiple times per year. This is more of a landing area for new ideas and work items that our domain needs to track, hence the name "Action Ideas."
The vision of Patient Care Coordination is to continually improve patient outcomes through the use of technology connecting patients and their care providers across healthcare disciplines and care paths.
The mission of Patient Care Coordination is to develop and maintain interoperability profiles to support coordination of care for patients where care crosses providers, patient conditions and health concerns, or time.
- Coordinate with external standards development organizations (SDOs) to develop and promote the use of content templates
- Develop strategies to support multi-level content template guidance to benefit the global community
- Develop new profiles by reaching outward to other IHE domains to coordinate workflows across care paths
- Develop white papers by researching new areas that could benefit from standards based interoperability guidance
- Explore and understand the benefit of IHE profile work in the nursing space by partnering with nursing organizations and initiatives
- Develop profiles and white papers to support and explore various nursing specific workflows
|H||High; Essential now|
|M||Medium; Essential future|
|L||Low; Nice to have|
|IHE or other group(s) that coordination is required with|
|Earliest opportunity to tackle|
Last updated October 2014. These are action "ideas" meaning that specific actions may or may not be occurring for each line item. The purpose of this table is to provide an area in which PCC can collect and expand on ideas.
| Dynamic Interface Definition (DID)
| Distributed Care Coordination
| Data Collection - Transition of Care
| Rewrite PCC TF to conform to new TF Templates
| Alignment with HL7 standards development
| Harmonize PCC Content templates w/CCDA
|Care Plan and RECON work||Medium||HL7||research|
| FHIR based work
|Nursing - Quality Perspective||Low||QRPH||profile|
| Nursing Communication Workflow
| Formalize Nursing Sub-committee structure
|Liaison to organizations outside of PCC||High||Domain Coordination Committee||outreach||2014|
|National Extensions - engage with stakeholders and countries||outreach|
| Outreach and recruitment of new committee participants
|Coordinate Patient Plan of Care and Patient-centered Coordination Plan supplement development with AORN Syntergy for peri-operative structured nomenclature (incorporation of the C-CDA project results topic moved this to a lower priority)||Medium||AORN||research||2013|