IHE PCD 2009 Showcase Workshop 2008-10-28 to 30
All organizations participating in the HIMSS '09 IHE Showcase are required to participate in the Showcase Participants Workshop.
This wiki page provides details for the IHE PCD showcase participants breakout sessions Thursday and Friday (Oct. 29, 30).
This meeting is being held both face-to-face and via WebEx. Organizations that have already participated in 2 showcases, could choose to participate remotely.
Topic: IHE PCD Showcase Participants Workshop Breakout Session
Date/Time: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 13:00-16:00 Eastern
Date/Time: Friday, October 31, 2008, 10:00-13:00 Eastern
- 1 Introductions
- 2 Agenda Review & Approval
- 3 Overview & Background
- Session Objectives
- Showcase Objectives
- 4 General Showcase Discussion
- Key Messages ("What's new?")
- System Diagram Review
- 5 Profile Support
- New profiles / options
- Company-Profile Support (incl. Registration Review)
- 6 Showcase Layout
- General Cube Layout
- Physical Space Requirements
- New Directions
- 7 Scenario Review
- General Scenario
- Clinical areas: OR, ICU, SDU + Transactions
- 8 Showcase Issues
- AM-to-AC: New Directions?
- ADT support (PCD "HIMSS Patient")
- Terminology needs: Resolve NOW!!!
- Wired/wireless Logistics
- - BCMA/Pumps
- - AC: Polycom
- Distributed Demonstration
- ACM: AR:AM alarm instance ID
- 9 Connectathon Issues
- Testing Tools
- Virtual Connectathon (esp. dealing with firewalls)
- Timeline Review
- Pre-Connectathon: ADT Server coordination
- Verify connectathon tests are sufficient to support a reliable demonstration
- PolyCom scheduling for Connectathon
- 10 Session Summary
Attachments / Materials
- All Workshop presentations shall be uploaded to the general meeting web page.
- Overview presentation from Wednesdays plenary session
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions) & Manny Furst (Improvement Technologies)
- Rita Brahmbhatt (Cerner), Ruth Berge (GE), Dan Bowling (Polycom), Brett Coen (LiveData), Robert Cuyugan (Cardinal), Bikram Day (Capsule), Jeff Dern (Cardinal), Al Engelbert (B.Braun), Robert Flanders (GE), Brian Fors (GE), John Foy (GE), Colin FX (Epic), Jim Higgins (Cerner), Brad Lunde (Cardinal), Gary Meyer (Cardinal), Monroe Patillo (Philips/Emergin), John Rhoads (Philips), Jeff Rinda (Hospira), Kristina Wilson (Hospira), Khalid Zubaidi (Cardinal)
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 3. Showcase Overview & Background
- Last Year: Confusion whether this was one vendor or multiple vendors.
- Last Year: Not clear about what was of interest to walk ups (both within PCD and IHE in general)
- Business card for Showcase w/ all companies listed + Booth numbers
- PCD Docent training WebEx / on site
3 4. General Showcase Discussion
- Messages: What's New and perhaps one or two umbrella messages such as Patient Safety
- ACM PATIENT SAFETY
- PIV PATIENT SAFETY
- RTM PATIENT SAFETY
- DEC(SPD) PATIENT SAFETY?!
- Key Message:
- What's new? Keeping interest for Year 3
- "Patient Safety"? Efficiency?
- (Bikram) confusing when you integrate all 4 profiles into the clinical scenario too soon; should try to minimize the IHE "jargon"
- (Brett) What is the most important message to those who are attending? Is it Safety and / or efficiency?
- (Brett) Perhaps the safety component of DEC, increased data availability ... make more information with consistent semantics available sooner for better decision making
- (Zambuto) 2008 Survey Slide #17, "Improved Patient Care and Safety" was by far the greatest "incentives for IHE integration"; #2 was "Long term cost reduction"; #3 was improved workflow
- (Monroe) Alarm comm for patient safety is remote annunciation - Have person in audience with "alarm" device
- General messages should follow the above, highlight "5 Rights", "Remote Alarm Communication", etc.
- System diagram review
- Manny went over the physical layout
- Pump DOR's: Add AR
- SDU: GE block: Add "Centricity Enterprise"
- Cerner: Change to CareAware
- Add Polycom
- (Brett) Get name for LiveData SDU product
- Remove arrowheads on gold device connections
- Update devices on bottom based on scenario discussions
4 Profile Support
- Company Profile Support - Updated diagram
- B.Braun: OK
- Causule: OK
- Cardinal: ACM (only PCD-04)
- Cerner: Need to add CT to Kudu
- Draeger: OK
- Epic: OK
- GE (Ruth): TBD - Patient ID Feed
- Philips: PCD-02 (RISK)
- Hospira (VeriScan): PCD-01 (RISK)
- Hospira (MedNet): Adding PCD-04
- LiveData: OK
- Philips (CIS): DOC-PCD-02 (RISK)
- Polycom: OK
5 Showcase Layout
- Discussion about the physical equipment & layout
- Manny showed 2008 Layout
- Each company will be asked to provide required physical dimensions, power layout
- ISSUE: B.Braun & DoseTrac display ... yes? No?
- ICU / SDU: Epic & GE should swap IOP/DOC roles based on tours.
- Enterprise DOC's share U/I in each display space; feasibility possible, but MUST DETERMINE NEEDED EQUIPMENT
- IOP & Enterprise DOCs: Since these systems share their display between the IOP & DOC, they need to be sync'd if they are both being presented simultaneously.
- AR & OR: Is this needed? Will it result in increased demo's of one vendor over another.
- Stepdown / ICU: Capsule in SDU w/ Welch Allyn vital signs monitor
- BEDs: All care contexts. Stryker & Hill-Rom in ICU & Step-Down; if only one bed can be connected (i.e., to Cerner) then @ the showcase, they can be swapped every other day.
- ISSUE: Stryker & Capsule for ICU? Balance
- OR: LiveData AR to Emergin AM to Polycom AC w/ procedural / workflow alerts
6 Scenario Review
- Two ICUs? NO
- General IHE Showcase Issues
- Video presentation @ start of IHE PCD Tour (2-3 minutes)
- HITSP & PCD: By completing CT, all vendors can also tick the box for HITSP/T16
- HIMSS Badge: MRN-only barcode? Donnelly indicated that he would check on this possibility.
- SINGLE DOCENT: PCD Docents will perform tours; detailed profile-specific tours can involve vendors. (?!?!?!?!)
- Time Allocations
- Starting Video (3 minutes)
- Patient ID (2 minutes)
- DEC (5 minutes)
- DEC/SPD (???)
- ACM (5 minutes)
- PIV (5 minutes)
- Summary (2 minutes)
- NOTE: Above spread out across tour/care contexts...does 5 minutes include 1 minute for profile overview (docent); 2 minutes (sending actor); 2 minutes (for receiving actors)
- OR-> Scenario
- Short video (2-3 minutes)
- Clinical: Patient ID
- Take Badge from volunteer patient
- Send out to systems
- Print out badges (if no MRN on badge!)
- More: PDQ usage
- Pumps: All pumps send simultaneously to both Periop & LiveData
- LiveData: Generate an alert based on procedure / workflow (e.g., "time out not documented alert" to nurse doing documentation)
- Draeger: Alarm (device technical) to Biomed
- MOVE AM'S to TOP
- PUMP DOR Application Display
- PENDING PROPOSAL: Use video switch to share pump vendor server applications
- ICU Scenario
- Patient ID (scanned / physically entered) to GE
- Capsule - Alarm from device
- Philips - (risk) RTDSS alarm, or pass through from GE aware gateway
- Pump - Alarm ...
- Emergin - Alarm display ...
- Epic - pull up same chart from OR, pull up med admin, scan DEVICE ID, med, clinician, ...,
- PRE-FLIGHT (static): Coordinate Device ID w/ Server to send IOP to
- PRE-FLIGHT (dynamic): Associate pump & patient
- Cerner - CareMobile (wired / wireless),...
- ISSUE: mobile unit REMOTE SCREEN DISPLAY
- IOP/DOC Display: Cerner & Hospira can dual use display
- ISSUE: Do we need a camera of the mobile unit being programmed?
- DOC/EMR - Finalize & show that the EMR has captured
- SDU Scenario
- DOR's - all report to the enterprise DOC's all the time
- Epic / GE: If they are Enterprise/DOC ... & IOP turn ... they should be same system since you wouldn't have an enterprise application from Epic & an IOP from GE (you would have this though with Hospira
- NOTE: Medication Orders are CANNED (statically configured)
- QUESTION/ISSUE: (Ruth) Does this include the 5-rights data entry?
7 Showcase Issues
- 1. ADT Feed:
- Last year, either used Bar Coded label OR manual entry (for non-PIB enabled systems)
- (Colin) People could register @ the Showcase kiosk; if they had not, Colin pulled up the HIMSS registration web page, entered the info, and sent an A04 to the systems; location information was in the original A04 transaction - location was always the same; Printed out a barcode with the MRN which they could then scan in if they didn't receive A04's;
- (Ruth) HIMSS registration provides a method for retrieving a standard set of registrations (A04 Message); @ PCD, we admit the patient & generate an A01 Message.w/ patient location. Yes? Is there a transfer (A02)? Discharged? (colin) Only A04 sent from registration system with a single location. Using MRN, gateways would look up patient demographics data BUT ignore location.
- Are A04, A01, A02... supported by PAM?
- Location support w/ multiple patients? Previous years the unt/bed was fixed ... should that work for this year? This is further complicated in 2009 with the ACM where phones are paired with care contexts / beds. Devices are typically fixed per patient location.
- 2. ISSUE: Terry (Welch Allyn) Brought printer ... this year? May need multiples. Contact Zebra to see if they would provide printers. May use NETWORK PRINT SERVER for generating the barcode strips for follow-on system entry.
- Manny is making the necessary contacts
- 3. ISSUE: Use badge ID bar code (what can we use this? Too much information?) note: all we need is an MRN; Could another barcode be added with only MRN?
- Donnelly is making the request. Since we are asking early, it may be possible.
- 4. ISSUE: PIV barcode: Clinician ID & Drug ID ... over multiple vendors; perhaps use a fixed set of patients
- 5. ISSUE: Is there one static location or three locations between which we transfer the patient.
- See (1) above
- 6. ISSUE: Need to be "canned" infusion orders
- 7. ISSUE: PCD ICU wall & other Pods - too close in 2008!
- 8. ISSUE: Patient ID to infusion pumps (manual & bar codes); OR 3 Simultaneously; ICU/SDU can delay DOR to 2nd tour context.
- Discussion to be continued w/ pump vendors
- 9. ISSUE: Timings for dynamic setup based on Patient IDs
- 10. ISSUE: Capsule/ICU/DataCaptor - need method for supporting PIB + patient on tour
- WIRELESS MANAGEMENT: Need someone who can manage this (as well as other connections / video switches / tour sequencing ...)
- DISTRIBUTED DEMO:
- Issues above.
- A04, A01, A02... supported by PAM?
- Colin / Ruth - summarize requirements / issues from discussion. Group will then review and discuss in a subsequent WebEx session.
- Capsule wants to have bidirectional distributed demo - pushing data in from their booth to the demo.
8 Connectathon Issues
- 1. Virtual Connectathon (esp. dealing with firewalls)
- GE & Philips had issues w/ firewall tunneling; may have to connect off site, but server is a problem.
- 2. Testing tools
- 3. Timeline
- 4. PolyCom scheduling for Connectathon
- After Emergin & LiveData have tested AR/AM interactions
- 5. Pre-Connectathon: ADT Server coordination (see Bill Klaver / Initiate)
- 6. Verify connectathon tests are sufficient to support a reliable demonstration (e.g., loss of comm, power, etc.)
- 7. Wireless testing?
- Moore said that if there were static MAC addresses early so he can configure wireless network.
- BCMAs & Polycom
- Create Wiki page for "virtual connectathon" on Connectathon '09 page. Include, partners, issues list / resolution, status, etc.
9 Other Issues
- 1. Intro video to be provided again this year @ start of PCD tour? Donnelly: Yes, most probably.
- 2. HITSP support: All vendors should add HITSP T16 to their test list since it will be automatically tested as part of Consistent Time.
- 3. MRN Only bar code on HIMSS badges? Donnelly: "Should be early enough to get this in place. Will ask."
- 4. ITI Infrastructure BoG:
- 4.1 They identified an issue w.r.t. "PAM" ... assume that they will bring this up to PCD leadership for resolution
- 4.2 Bill Klaver? (Initiate) had a great "Basic HIMSS Courtesy" slide ... we should get that deck and post it for the group.
- 5. Bikram & Docents:
- 5.1 Trained docents per tour (not care area) to promote continuity
- 5.2 At Connectathon ... run throughs of the clinical story lines
- 5.3 K.I.S.S.
- Provide notes to Lisa
10 Workshop Feedback Summary
- 1. (Khalid) Reorder Workshop Agenda to enable PCD-only participants to minimize wasted effort; Also - publish agenda in time to book personnel for attendance on specific dates.
- 2. (Brett) Halloween?!
- Provide notes to Lisa
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">