IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2016-08-23

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Amit Popat
  • Carolyn Knapik
  • Chris Carr
  • Elliot Silver
  • Jamie Kontos
  • Kurt Elliason
  • Michael Tan
  • Monroe Pattillo
  • Nancy Ramirez
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo
  • Paul Dow
  • Raj Dash
  • Tone Southerland

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

Domain Announcements

  • Patient Care Device (PCD)
  • PCD will only publish one updated profile for trial implementation
  • Will be close to target dates for delivering content

1. Domain Milestone Dates

2. Domain Board Reports

  • No updates or reports to review
    Waiting for updates for Endoscopy report
    PCC and QRPH to be prepared by September DCC meeting

Domain Coordination Issues

  • No issues presented


Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Co-Chair Elections
    • Thank you to outgoing co-chairs
  • CARD
  • Currently in cycle
  • Antje Schroeder rolling off
  • PCD Planning
  • Monroe Pattillo rolling off
  • PCC
  • Tone Southerland rolling off
  • QRPH
  • Amit Popat and Eric Larson rolling off
  • PHARM
  • Jose and Juergen up for re-election
  • Request Domain Secretaries to update DCC roster


  • IHE Webinar Series Branding
    • Proposed New Name - "IHE Inside Out"
  • The webinars present opportunity for "insiders" to communicate about their activities with the rest of the community
  • Provide not only education, but opportunity to attract attention and new member engagement
  • Other ideas - "IHE In Focus", "IHE Connections"
  • Welcome additional thoughts/ideas


  • Need help reviewing Appendices
  • Integration statements
  • Transaction descriptions
  • Content module descriptions


  • Name/Space Management - Deferred


  • Workshop on Workflow and IHE Profiles - Tone Southerland
  • In progress, Meeting weekly
  • Developing materials to analyze workflow profiles across domains
  • Currently planning two workshops - authors and implementers
  • Date of workshops TBD


  • Request to Domain Committee Co-chairs to select cases for development from those provided in their annual domain reports; need to be able to provide key contacts and other available info. about projects
  • IHE Intl has contracted with a writer who will help develop case studies
  • A place for Case Studies will be established on main page of ihe.net Website
  • Domain reports contain lists of known implementations/case studies
  • Need a direct contact for case studies
  • Domain PC co-chairs and secretaries to identify 2-3 projects and enter into spreadsheet - contact information is important
  • Replace Volunteer Spotlight with Case Studies on IHE.net main page
  • What are the prospects in each domain?
  • Potential platforms to gather information? - Annual conferences, speaking opportunities, etc.
  • Tracking - Is project far enough along and are contacts willing to participate? - co-chairs take part in reviewing the work
  • Action: Chris to send email to domain co-chairs and secretaries to describe project and criteria for what qualifies as a case study (i.e. published, TI to FT, "in deployment", etc.)
  • Include template for gathering data and link to spreadsheet

Governance Implementation

  • Clarify the voting rights for members belonging to more than 1 domain.
  • Governance does not define minimum threshold as to what constitutes attendance during a meeting
  • What would those guidelines be, if any, in regards to attendance and voting rights?
  • RAD - participation during F2F meetings - only need to attend 1 meeting day to count as being present
  • Develop guidelines describing a fairly permissive policy for granting attendance across domains and set some guidelines surrounding how each domain marks members as present

New Business

  • CDISC Collaborative White paper
  • MoU with IHE
  • One deliverable includes developing a white paper describing what IHE encapsulates in clinical settings
  • Amit: A white paper was published - "IHE for Secondary Data Use" - sponsored by Arsenal.it
  • Might be some overlap, could be beneficial for CDISC to review
  • PaLM White Paper on Interoperability of Structured Reporting
  • CDISC using SDC for work done on adverse reporting
  • Proposal for generalizing profile (less content-driven) for developing AP report - content could be created by multiple users
  • Only focuses on surgical pathology
  • Genetics and other pathologies are being integrated into single pathology report - no way to accommodate
  • Coming up with a framework, that is not focused on content, to develop structured reports
  • Challenge is lack of central registry of shared data elements across disciplines and regions
  • SDC effort uses caBIG CADSR as its registry of data elements
  • Problem to explore is how best to curate data elements across IHE domains
  • Propose IHE-wide decision to use CADSR; curate within its namespace; need method to curate elements across domain; CADSR a candidate, there may be others.
  • Cardio interested in working on paper on structured reporting in Cath Lab; working on registry of CDEs
  • PCD uses Rosetta Terminology Mapping (RTM) tool maintained by NIST, based on IEEE 11073
  • Different domains use different vocabulary standards and different data element standards. Each has own needs. Is harmonizing across domains useful?
  • NL uses data element registry across domains; uses Art Decor as platform for describing data elements. Michael Tan can provide info on Nictiz activities.
  • Vocabulary is realm-specific
  • Action: Assemble team to harmonize registration of data elements across domains: One place where vendors can find data elements and their definitions
  • Consider how best to address curation issues
  • PaLM White Paper: Will share draft with group. Try to develop unified statement of requirements to enable comparison of candidate technologies.
  • Gokce Laleci, her company maintains metadata registry; wrote DEX profile
  • CARD interested in developing structured reporting white paper
  • standardized data elements cardiology
  • All-day summit to take place on October 24 at Heart House on interoperability and structured reporting - roadmap of universal cardiovascular vocabulary
  • PCD - Rosetta Terminology mapping, work with gov't agencies requesting standards-based data
  • Reuse coded system, not duplicate across domains
  • Registry is central system to encourage interoperability in structured reporting
  • Next steps: Come to a consensus that there is a need across domains to have one platform being used for registering data elements used in IHE profiles
  • Action: Dr. Dash to share next draft of white paper with DCC for feedback and develop a unified statement across domains on what the needs/requirements are for registering data elements
  • Paul Dow will solicit volunteers within cardiology
  • Chris Carr will engage Dr. Kahn (RSNA's Structured Reporting Committee Chair) for discussion
  • Also interested in reviewing other similar white papers in other domains as to not duplicate work being done
  • Gochke (former QRPH co-chair) may have insight and information to provide regarding metadata
  • Action: Schedule call with Art-Decor team and interested parties in IHE interested in data registry
  • IHE parties: Chris Carr, Raj Dash, Paul Dow
  • Officially completed, collab across societies, ASE, SKY, RSNA, etc.
  • Aimed at entire organization
  • Focus on function of interoperability

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next teleconference: September 27, 2016


Domain Coordination Committee