IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2016-07-26

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Monroe Pattillo (PCD PC)
  • Amit Popat (QRPH PC)
  • Mauro Zanardini (ITI TC)
  • Paul Dow (CARD)
  • Paul Sherman (PCD TC )
  • Riki Merrick (RO)
  • Tone Southerland (PCC TC)
  • Denise Downing (PCC)
  • Charles Parisot (Guest)
  • Nancy Ramirez (HIMSS)
  • Mary Jungers (IHE Documentation Specialist)
  • Chris Carr (RSNA)
  • Paul Sherman (PCD TC)
  • Jamie Kontos (RSNA)
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo (RSNA)


2. Approval of Minutes

  • June 28, 2016 Minutes
    • Riki motioned and Tone seconded the motion to approve the minutes.
    • Unanimously approved.

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • MJ requests that when domains update this page they also email her the changes.
  • No updates to report

2. Domain Board Reports

  • Planning meeting to review current profiles and work on development of EIA profile. Draft already submitted, but still under review by Endoscopy Technical Committee, which will hold meeting in July/August. Will hold to plan to provide in mid-September.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Committee Meeting Updates
    • PaLM - IHE PaLM is still working on the idea of an IHE wide data element repository and with that in mind is organizing a demonstration webinar of the Cancer Data Standards Registry and Repository (caDSR) Data Element Browser tool on August 16th, at 4 PM EST. Action: Riki will forward invite to dcc@ihe.net.
    • ITI
    • PCC - no changes that affect publication schedule
    • QRPH - CP updates to SDC profile will be published for public comment and balloted in QRPH; planning to deliver publication week of Sept. 12, hoping to have published before the close of IHE NA Connectathon registration. Mary Jungers points out the high volume of requests during the time period, but will attempt to publish if it is possible given other priorities.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

    • AHIMA has project evaluating tools that support clinical pathways – will check, if the recordings of the demos can be shared
  • Wiki.ihe.net
    • Wiki pages need to be updated for make them more interesting and appealing
  • Adding graphical elements to key pages and encouraging committees to more uniformly organize information on their pages would help
  • Profiles pages an example of pages where there is a template available, but where additional graphical elements would help add readability and interest
  • Action: Chris Carr to work with RSNA Marketing to develop simple graphical elements to add to key pages. Task force to provide advice on pages and elements: Denise Downing, Mary Jungers, Amit Popat


  • DCC invited to review list of conferences, add new ones or correct information
  • DCC to work with committees to identify key conferences of interest and solicit volunteer speakers
  • Presentations to be posted on ihe.net site and on ftp for reuse in other settings where appropriate


  • IHE.net
    • Action: Chris Carr will request 2-3 deployment case studes from each domain
  • Case studies may be drawn from those listed in board reports
  • Proposal to add the Case Studies to front page of ihe.net in place of volunteer spotlight
  • Volunteer spotlight will move to Participate page
    • Domain board report template should include designation of which "Significant Deployments" are ready to be developed into case studies; including contacts from site
  • Co-Chair Elections
    • A reminder to domain committees that they are to hold elections and forward results to secretary@ihe.net so DCC roster can be updated.
  • IHE International Board Retreat Recap - deferred
  • IHE World Summit Recap - deferred
  • Need help reviewing Appendices
  • Integration statements
  • Transaction descriptions
  • Content module descriptions
  • Name/Space Management - deferred
  • Workshop on Workflow and IHE Profiles
  • Cross-domain workshop to focus on workflow profiles
  • Tone Southerland and Amit Popat leading planning of this event
  • Date to be determined; goal before end of IHE NA Connectathon registration
  • Interested parties can join Google Group created for the taskforce
  • Group invited to review template and make sure it is appropriate for recording workflow profiles

Governance Implementation

New Business

  • Charles P. will join at 10:00am CT to discuss
    • How to connect IHE International to regional deployments so we can better understand which profiles are in use, which can be deprecated, and how to organize the IHE "architecture". (Action from the Joint ITI, PCC, QRPH and Pharmacy f2f Mtgs)
      • Immediate ideas: Googlegroups for implementers of each profile like we have for XDS and HPD
      • Having implementations register with IHE
  • Survey with targeted questions on value of deployment group lists? Send to broad IHE membership list. Use input to establish guidelines.
  • Set guidelines for creating, announcing, publishing and maintaining such groups. Charles will develop draft for review on future DCC meeting.
  • Each domain invited to create a short list of such deployment groups

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next teleconference: August 23, 2016


Domain Coordination Committee