IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2014-05-27

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Chris Carr
  • Bruce Curran
  • Eric Heflin
  • Rob Horn
  • Mary Jungers
  • Alex Lippitt
  • Flora Lum
  • Joan McMillen
  • Kevin O'Donnell
  • Monroe Pattillo
  • Amit Popat
  • Gila Pyke
  • Antje Schroeder
  • Karen Witting

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call

2. Approval of April 22nd Minutes

  • Motion: Approve minutes as published. Carried with one abstention.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Coordination with HL7
  • Currently, there is a list of six projects requiring coordination between the two organizations
  • An MOU was signed in Oct. 2013 between IHE and HL7. Expresses mutual good will and envisions collaboration including joint balloting of profiles using CDA.
  • Need to put in place the procedures and administrative/committee structure for effective collaboration. Discussion has centered on creating an IHE work group within HL7. Same group would report regularly to DCC.
  • Developing draft proposal to establish a collaborative committee. Group developing the proposal will hold a call in the next week to review draft.
  • Add Eric Heflin and Harry Solomon to group for review of policy proposal

4. Review Action Items List

  • Action Item: Chris Carr to review, add completion dates, recent items and highlighting to show items needing clarification or urgent action

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • ITI: has completed preliminary evaluation for final text; meeting June 2 to make final decisions
  • v4 Data Segmentation for Privacy to be published in August as final text
  • Secure Retrieve and Patient Demographic Query for Mobile (PDQM) to be published for public comment
  • PCD - MEM DMC and MEM LS to be published for public comment by end of next week
  • Update of PCD TF based on incorporated CPs
  • DEC to be updated with Device Specialization for Pulse Oximetry Devices
  • White Papers on Cybersecurity, Device Integration and FDA Universal Device Identification (UDI); would like to implement in uniform way across profiles
  • PCD invites any domains to communicate documentation under development relevant to UDI via the DCC


2. Domain Board Reports

  • Next reports due (for June 24 tcon): Radiology, Eye Care, PCD

Domain Coordination Issues

  • ITI Publication of De-identification White Paper
  • White paper will be published in User Handbooks section of ITI TF page
  • Users need to know purpose and how data will be used before knowing how data should be de-identified
  • White paper describes process for evaluating de-identification needs
  • Contains table of the kinds of algorithms that might be used for de-identification for various purposes
  • John Moerhke and Rob Horn are willing to go through document and provide guidance to domains undertaking work on de-identification
  • Action Item: Co-chairs to schedule discussion with QRPH and PCC during next joint meeting
  • Other domains invited to express their interest in discussion with ITI

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. CP Communication Process

  • Desire to make approved CPs that have been balloted but not yet incorporated into relevant TF or supplement more visible and accessible
  • Method of access to CPs should be consistent across domains
  • Approaches discussed on 4/22 tcon include linking to a list (on a wiki page) from ihe.net or linking to an Excel spreadsheet
  • Each domain maintains an ftp folder of approved CPs. Reference should include direct links to actual CP documents.
  • Kevin O'Donnell mocked up Wiki Page
  • Suggest change of "Date" column to "approval date"
  • Reference should include cutoff date for inclusion of approved CPs to be reflected in Connectathon Testing process
  • Action Item: Mary Jungers and Chris Carr to develop publication spreadsheet for review


2. National Extension Approval and Publication Process

  • Reviewed changes made to Wiki page at high level
  • Trial Implementation included as an optional process when appropriate
  • Entire process intended to be collaborative effort between national deployment committee and domain committee
  • Action Item: Co-chairs to review for comment and discussion on June teleconference
  • Once approved present to GDC and IHE International for information and comment


3. Webinar Series: Request for Domain Co-chairs to Identify Dates and Presenters

  • Web link to respond to request for domain Webinar series
  • Form allows domains to select dates between June and end of August
  • Action Item: Secretary to send current schedule of dates to DCC list

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Chris Carr to review Action Item List, add completion dates, recent items and highlighting to show items needing clarification or urgent action
  • Secretary to update Domain Reports Wiki table, and report statuses on spreadsheet
  • ITI Co-chairs to schedule discussion of De-Identification White Paper with QRPH and PCC during next joint meeting
  • Mary Jungers and Chris Carr to develop CP publication spreadsheet for review
  • Co-chairs to review National Extensions wiki page for comment and discussion on June teleconference
  • Secretary to send current Webinar schedule to DCC for planning and review
  • Next Teleconference: Tuesday, June 24, 9-10:30am CDT


Domain Coordination Committee