IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-12-18
- Juergen Brandstaetter - Pharm
- Chris Carr - RSNA
- Bruce Curran - RO
- Tom Dolan - Cardio
- La Shawn Edwards - RSNA
- Derrick Evans - ITI
- Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
- Flora Lum - Eye Care
- Joan McMillen - RSNA
- Kevin O'Donnell - Rad
- Chris Pauer - RO
- Antje Schroeder - Card, Rad
- Karen Witting - ITI
Absent Domains: Anatomic Pathology; Dental; Endoscopy; Laboratory; Patient Care Coordination; Quality, Research and Public Health
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
2. Review of Minutes
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- Coding scheme designators
- RO has developed coding scheme values for testing purposes. Chris Pauer raised the question of whether these should be incorporated in the relevant profiles and designated as IHE codes.
- IHE generally avoids developing new standards, so if there are available coding schemes these should be used and referenced. If there are none, the codes developed could be submitted to an SDO such as DICOM for incorporation in their standards.
4. Review Action Items List
- List has been pruned of many completed or ongoing items
- Chris and Joan will review remaining items prior to 1/15 tcon
- Cardiology, ITI, PCC and QRPH have made final profile selections. Will report details of work items in January.
- PCD in process of making selections.
- Mary Jungers has developed a page to track new supplement development on the ihe.net Website
2. Domain Board Reports
- Anatomic Pathology - 7 months late, updated version ready for review
- Patient Care Coordination - 3 months late
- Cardiology - ready for review
- Dental - due to DCC 1/10
- Anatomic Pathology
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
- Refined questions for a survey of domains:
- Do you think your domain has a unified view?
- Can you state the unified strategic view of your domain?
- What processes do you follow to achieve those strategic goals?
- Do you think the quality of your profiles meets the standards it should to be effective?
- What quality metrics?
- How are they applied?
- Do you think the profiles you develop meet user needs?
- What steps do you take to gather feedback on whether your profiles meet user needs?
- How is this information used in assessing the domain's strategic view and evaluating the status of published profiles?
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group
- Finalize and distribute new supplement template documents
- Documentation work group will hold one additional call tomorrow (12/19) at noon CT prior to releasing the supplement template
- Plan for finalizing other documents
- Public comments will be addressed and documents published prior to publication of first public comment supplements in current cycle.
- Review Domain wiki pages: (Deferred to 1/15 due to lack of time.)
- MarCOMM and DCC will be asked to enter items and volunteer to participate in appropriate meetings.
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Next meeting: Jan. 15, 2013, 9-10:30am