IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-11-20

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Didi Davis - QRPH
  • Tom Dolan - Cardio Tech
  • Derrick Evans - ITI Tech
  • La Shawn Edwards - RSNA
  • Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
  • Mary Kennedy - Anatomic Pathology
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology
  • Amit Popat - QRPH
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Absent Domains: Dental, Endoscopy, Laboratory, Patient Care Coordination, Patient Care Device, Pharmacy, Radiation Oncology

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum not attained.

2. Approval of minutes

  • Reviewed minutes and carried forward discussion items.
  • Carry over minutes for review/approval on 12/18 teleconference.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • No new items.


4. Review Action Items List

  • Reviewed list and identified items to close
  • Chris Carr and La Shawn Edwards will review and clean up list prior to 12/18 tcon.

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Radiology completed selection of profiles for 2013 development:


2. Domain Board Reports

  • Status
    • Anatomic Pathology - updated report due to DCC (7 months overdue to the board)
    • Patient Care Coordination - 3 months overdue to the board
    • QRPH - approved by the board 11/8
    • ITI - approved by the board 11/8
    • Pharmacy - Ready to Review
    • Cardiology - Due 12/6
  • Review
  • Suggested minor revisions for co-chairs to make prior to presenting to Board. Chris Carr to forward to co-chairs.
  • Approved for presentation to Board with revisions on Dec. 13 tcon

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Reviewed strategic steps brainstormed on 11/6 call
  • Develop survey to be completed by the domains. General topics include:
  • Do you think your domain has a unified view?
  • Do you think the quality of your profiles meets the standards it should to be effective?
  • Do you think the profiles you develop meet user needs?
  • Action Item: La Shawn to include on 12/18 agenda discussion of refining survey questions
  • Participate in additional conferences, eg, eHealth Canada, Ontario Hospital Association; dark areas of conference university, AHRA; Conferences that are more about end user rather than about technology
  • Action Item: La Shawn and Chris develop calendar of events and deadline dates for potential IHE presentations. Add discussion of calendar to 12/18 agenda to review and add events.
  • Determine characteristics and metrics of quality in profiles
  • Action Item: Add topic to Future Agendas page and schedule review of current profile evaluation metrics/checklist.
  • Keep domain wiki pages up to date to provide easy access to activities in committee
  • Action Item: Make review of domain pages a regular part of future agendas. Schedule reviews alphabetically.
  • Consider developing checklist for domain page content


Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group
  • Tracking document for resolution of public comments
  • Working through public comments on supplement template to get it ready for Dec. 4 committee meetings
  • No high urgency items. Work group will work through medium items. Provide full rationale for any rejected comments.

Next Meeting

  • Dec. 4 meeting is cancelled due to concurrent domain committee meetings
  • Next call Dec. 18th

Domain Coordination Committee