IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-11-20
- Chris Carr - RSNA
- Didi Davis - QRPH
- Tom Dolan - Cardio Tech
- Derrick Evans - ITI Tech
- La Shawn Edwards - RSNA
- Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
- Mary Kennedy - Anatomic Pathology
- Joan McMillen - RSNA
- Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology
- Amit Popat - QRPH
- Karen Witting - ITI Plan
Absent Domains: Dental, Endoscopy, Laboratory, Patient Care Coordination, Patient Care Device, Pharmacy, Radiation Oncology
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
- Quorum not attained.
2. Approval of minutes
- Reviewed minutes and carried forward discussion items.
- Carry over minutes for review/approval on 12/18 teleconference.
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- No new items.
4. Review Action Items List
- Reviewed list and identified items to close
- Chris Carr and La Shawn Edwards will review and clean up list prior to 12/18 tcon.
- Radiology completed selection of profiles for 2013 development:
- Other domains to update their Domain Milestone Dates as they are established
2. Domain Board Reports
- Anatomic Pathology - updated report due to DCC (7 months overdue to the board)
- Patient Care Coordination - 3 months overdue to the board
- QRPH - approved by the board 11/8
- ITI - approved by the board 11/8
- Pharmacy - Ready to Review
- Cardiology - Due 12/6
- Suggested minor revisions for co-chairs to make prior to presenting to Board. Chris Carr to forward to co-chairs.
- Approved for presentation to Board with revisions on Dec. 13 tcon
Domain Coordination Issues
- Reviewed strategic steps brainstormed on 11/6 call
- Develop survey to be completed by the domains. General topics include:
- Do you think your domain has a unified view?
- Do you think the quality of your profiles meets the standards it should to be effective?
- Do you think the profiles you develop meet user needs?
- Action Item: La Shawn to include on 12/18 agenda discussion of refining survey questions
- Participate in additional conferences, eg, eHealth Canada, Ontario Hospital Association; dark areas of conference university, AHRA; Conferences that are more about end user rather than about technology
- Action Item: La Shawn and Chris develop calendar of events and deadline dates for potential IHE presentations. Add discussion of calendar to 12/18 agenda to review and add events.
- Determine characteristics and metrics of quality in profiles
- Action Item: Add topic to Future Agendas page and schedule review of current profile evaluation metrics/checklist.
- Keep domain wiki pages up to date to provide easy access to activities in committee
- Action Item: Make review of domain pages a regular part of future agendas. Schedule reviews alphabetically.
- Consider developing checklist for domain page content
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
- Review of Strategic Agenda for Nov. 28 meeting. No comments from DCC.
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group
- Tracking document for resolution of public comments
- Working through public comments on supplement template to get it ready for Dec. 4 committee meetings
- No high urgency items. Work group will work through medium items. Provide full rationale for any rejected comments.
- Dec. 4 meeting is cancelled due to concurrent domain committee meetings
- Next call Dec. 18th