IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-08-02

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Rick Butler - Eyecare
  • Didi Davis - QRPH Plan
  • Tom Dolan - Cardiology
  • La Shawn Edwards - RSNA
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care Planning
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology
  • Geoff Pascoe - ITI
  • Amit Popat - QRPH
  • Sondra Renley - Lab
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardiology
  • Teri Sippel-Schmidt - Process Specialist
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology, Pharmacy, Radiation Oncology

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster - Quorum attained


2. Approval of June 12 Minutes

  • Motion to approve. Approved with some abstentions (Tom D., Sondra, Kevin OD, Geoff).

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • NameSpace (Rob Horn)
    • Problem Stmt: OIDs, URNs, Profile Names/Acronyms, Transaction Names and numbers, IHE-defined codes, CDA Template OIDs, Value Sets (OIDs), etc., are being defined within separate domains and profiles, making it very hard to determine a value/name and avoid collisions. Terms and codes sometimes overlap or are duplicated between domains. It is very difficult to do a search for current names and name spaces/codes across domains and documents.
    • Solution: Create a database to track/reference/look up. DCC Doc WG to create a white paper to describe in more detail. Steve Moore investigating backend databases (e.g., svs server). A versioned pdf document, however, would be the authoratative document, not the database. White paper author not yet assigned (new idea). Need a small group to evaluate and eliminate duplicates (e.g., evaluate incoming domain request: "we need a code for xxx.")
    • Harry Solomon has a lot of experience in DICOM with promoting the request for codes back to LOINC, etc. Need a liason activity similar to this for IHE. Ask Chris Carr about NIBIB mtg (same topic on agenda).
    • DICOM assigns a temporary value (known to be temporary) until the document gets to (effectively) Trial Implementation stage
    • Process: need to define process in whitepaper. Need someone to troll through existing documents for codes/values/OIDs. Going forward, add section to Supplement Template. Going forward IHE librarian to be assigned to maintain/track.
  • Overall Process Documentation (Teri Sippel) - deferred two weeks


4. Review Action Items List (postpone)

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates (20 min - ITI/PCC/PCD/QRPH TC Cochairs) Public Comment Process - publication process for disposition of comments

  • Post comments/responses on either ftp or on a google groups doc
  • Put a link on each domain's wiki Timeline (within the line on the table) to the google doc or the ftp for each domain's public comments. In the event of more than one Supplement (more than one set of comments/responses) put a link to the domain's Technical Committee wiki page in the Timeline. On the Technical Comm wiki page, put a link to the list of each separate set of comments/responses.

Domain Status:

  • QRPH/ITI/PCC - Call for Proposals for next year's cycle - July 29th - Aug 28th (use proposal template)
  • ITI:
    • Now is the time to formulate proposals to ITI from other domains. An ITI has been assigned (see wiki) to each other domain.
    • XDW is going out for second round of Public Comment July 29th - Aug 28th
  • PCD:
    • Also Call for Proposals open. One new Supplement currently out for Public Comment. Two new Supplements soon going to Trial Implemenation. See wiki for details.
  • Lab:
    • Ballot out for Public Comment. Two new profile proposals for next year.
  • Cardiology:
    • White papers due out this Friday (August 5th, 2011). Will use a slightly updated google docs Public Comment process. Update of Technical Framework also going out.


2. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)

  • Status
    • Eye Care - accepted by IHE board with very few questions Eye Care Board Report
    • PCC - due to DCC 8/11 - should review on the 8/16 call - email out to John Donnelly as reminder end of July;
    • QRPH - due to DCC 9/8

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (defer)

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group (Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • DCC Doc WG call once per week now until the documents are complete - end of August deadline
    • General Introduction (Volume 0) and Volume 1 have made significant progress
    • Changes to the Supplement template also required
  • Webinar Series Update (10 min - Celina)
    • ITI and Anatomic Pathology were held last week
    • Attendance has been good
    • Aug 11th - next - Cardiology; Radiology after that
  • Documentation updates (not currently necessary unless questions - Mary Jungers)
  • Public Information: FDA standards update - initiated by Kevin O'Donnell (Rad), also Geoff Pascoe (ITI) and John Rhodes (PCD)
    • Carol Herman from the FDA has initiated meetings investigating the use of standards for medical devices; many standards have been discovered. When the FDA is evaluating a device, the need to assess risks of interoperability with other devices is driving the interest in standardized communications. FDA is bringing together a large variety of standards organizations, including IHE. FDA plans to publish Use Cases to begin to prioritize. Next meeting probably in November. Outstanding question is validation. A counter-proposal was given to FDA to promote adoption of existing standards. Discussions are on-going and will take a long time; "mutual education". Sondra: Lab devices are also FDA controlled. IHE Lab is working with FDA IICC (industry connection consortium). Keep this on the IHE DCC agenda to ensure communication of efforts between IHE domains and updates.

Domain Coordination Committee