IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-03-15

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Tom Dolan - Cardio Tech
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Documentation Specialist
  • Flora Lum - AAO (Eye Care)
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Geoff Pascoe - ITI Tech
  • Amit Popat - QRPH Plan/Tech
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt - Process Specialist
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Domains not present: Anatomic Pathology, Pharmacy.

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained.

2. Approval of March 1, 2011 minutes

  • Motion: Accept minutes. Approved with one abstention.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Deferred pending time availability.

4. Review Action Items List

  • List has been updated. Co-chairs requested to review and identify priority items.

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Cardiology face-to-face for public comment supplements: March 21-23

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Teri Sippel and Mary Jungers have added columns for information about revised supplements to be republished, as well as white papers. These documents add considerably to the work load for documentation specialist.
  • Several domains have not yet added complete information for the current cycle.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to send notice to co-chairs list to add all known values for 2010-11 cycle by this Friday, March 18.
  • Mary Jungers produced this timeline to show the critical activities in document publication cycle across domains. Its purpose is to help the documentation specialist manage her time. Her availability may require domains to shift their schedules and needs to be taken into account in their planning.
  • There is a large bolus of documents scheduled to be released for public comment from ITI, PCC and QRPH domains in May and June in order to be re-released for trial implementation in August (in time for opening of North American Connectathon registration). Other domains that have not yet scheduled their release dates will have to schedule around these dates.
  • Mary Jungers can gather some information (eg, meeting dates) from domain pages; however, Tech Cmte co-chairs are again urged to add their information on Domain Milestones Wiki page.
  • Review of Publication Schedule will be standing item on DCC meetings.
  • Karen Witting, who has volunteered to Domain Board Report Coordinator, presented overview of schedule and process for Domain Board reports. She will follow up with Board representatives, co-chairs and sponsors of domains to make sure they are aware of the schedule.
  • Domain Board representatives have primary responsibility for developing reports (or delegating effectively) using template and presenting to DCC for review. After approval by DCC they will be provided to the Board as part of agenda for monthly meetings.
  • Some domains may consider electing new Board Representatives who are closely engaged in committee work.
  • Status of Board reports, including any delinquent reports, will be reported at all DCC meetings and Board meetings staring in June.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to provide Karen W with names and emails of Domain Board Representatives, Co-chairs and Secretaries.
  • Mike Nusbaum touched on high points of discussion of cross-domain strategic planning work group at February Board meeting
  • Goal is to develop set of 3-5 year objectives in each domain and to harmonize these objectives into an overarching strategic planning document
  • Document will serve as reference for domains and, possibly, for oversight body reviewing proposed development activities
  • Matrix for determining and expressing objectives may differ somewhat between domains (eg, between ITI and PCC)
  • Workgroup is tasked with preparing proposals that will be brought to DCC for review and approval before being advanced to Board for approval
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to convene next meeting of XDSPWG.
  • Teri Sippel presented proposal. Would establish body tasked with review profile proposals and public comment supplements for technical soundness, testability and implementability.
  • Action Item: Co-chairs to review and comment on proposal prior to detailed discussion on 2011-03-29 tcon.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Page should link to short descriptions of all Final Text and Trial Implementation Profiles--and only those. Links to public comment profiles should be removed.
  • The short descriptions should be user-oriented "glossy one-page" introductions. Develop them using the Profile Overview Template. Any links to full supplement documents need to be removed.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to send reminder to co-chairs to have profile authors develop short profile descriptions when new trial implementation supplements are published and to fill in any missing or inadequate short descriptions.
  • Update from Documentation Workgroup
  • Vol 1 Template under development for use by domains creating their first Technical Framework document

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next teleconference: March 29, 9-10:30 CT


Domain Coordination Committee