IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-03-01

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Rick Butler - Eyecare Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Did Davis - QRPH Plan
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Document Specialist
  • Flora Lum - Eyecare
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Plan
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardiology Tech
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt - IHE Staff
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology and Pharmacy

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained

2. Approval of Feb. 15 Minutes

  • Approved with one abstention

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Reviewed page to clean up resolved and out-of-date items
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to set up teleconference with Rob Horn and Mary Jungers on Namespace management
  • Action Item: Documentation Work Group to track consistency of Technical Framework publication pages
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to provide regular reminders to frequently absent domains

4. Review Action Items List

  • Action Item: Chris Carr to update and remove routine completed items to expedite review

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

2. RAD - Opening Public Comment

  • (IOCM) Image Object Change Management - extend Mammo image "retraction" mechanism for general use (invalid images, retention policy)
  • (XCA-I) Cross Community Access for Imaging - extend XCA to handle imaging in the same way XDS-I extended XDS
  • Deadline: 2011-03-17
  • Input/feedback sought from ITI on XCA mechanisms
  • Input/feedback sought from imaging Domains (CARD, RO, EYECARE) on image management use cases

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Flow diagram documents process; new steps to strengthen process identified in red text
  • Proposed timeline is based on greater lead time to Connectathon than some domains currently maintain. Proposed timeline changes would need to be reviewed.
  • Proposal incorporates independent review by a Technical Review Board (TRB)
  • What would be its role? Advisory or executive (ie, pass/fail)? How distinguished from Domain Coordination Committee?
  • Advisory and mentoring relationship, particularly to new domains.
  • Could refer issues to DCC or Board for appeal to their executive power. Failure criteria could include testability and implementability; scheduling of release. Remedies could include recommended changes or republication for additional public comment.
  • Perhaps refer issues to DCC or Board for higher-level review?
  • Who would be included?
  • Teri's proposal based on DICOM WG-06 and HL7 Architecture Review Board
  • DICOM WG-06 has executive power. HL7 ARB is advisory.
  • Under proposal TRB would be composed of process mavens (6-8 members).
  • How would it be managed?
  • Developing governance rules is critical. Keep under authority of DCC and Board
  • Action Item: Teri S to develop one-page proposal describing TRB for review on March 15
  • Board discussion of Domain Coordination Strategic Planning

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Discussion deferred
  • Action Item: Domain co-chairs to review catalog and templates for discussion on March 15 tcon

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next teleconference: March 16, 9-10:30 CT


Domain Coordination Committee