IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-03-01
From IHE Wiki
- Rick Butler - Eyecare Tech
- Chris Carr - RSNA
- Bruce Curran - RO Tech
- Did Davis - QRPH Plan
- Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
- Rob Horn - ITI Tech
- Mary Jungers - Document Specialist
- Flora Lum - Eyecare
- Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
- Joan McMillen - RSNA
- Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
- Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Plan
- Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
- John Rhoads - PCD Tech
- Antje Schroeder - Cardiology Tech
- Teri Sippel Schmidt - IHE Staff
- Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
- Karen Witting - ITI Plan
Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology and Pharmacy
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
- Quorum attained
2. Approval of Feb. 15 Minutes
- Approved with one abstention
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- Reviewed page to clean up resolved and out-of-date items
- Action Item: Chris Carr to set up teleconference with Rob Horn and Mary Jungers on Namespace management
- Action Item: Documentation Work Group to track consistency of Technical Framework publication pages
- Action Item: Chris Carr to provide regular reminders to frequently absent domains
4. Review Action Items List
- Action Item: Chris Carr to update and remove routine completed items to expedite review
2. RAD - Opening Public Comment
- (IOCM) Image Object Change Management - extend Mammo image "retraction" mechanism for general use (invalid images, retention policy)
- (XCA-I) Cross Community Access for Imaging - extend XCA to handle imaging in the same way XDS-I extended XDS
- Deadline: 2011-03-17
- Input/feedback sought from ITI on XCA mechanisms
- Input/feedback sought from imaging Domains (CARD, RO, EYECARE) on image management use cases
Domain Coordination Issues
- Flow diagram documents process; new steps to strengthen process identified in red text
- Proposed timeline is based on greater lead time to Connectathon than some domains currently maintain. Proposed timeline changes would need to be reviewed.
- Proposal incorporates independent review by a Technical Review Board (TRB)
- What would be its role? Advisory or executive (ie, pass/fail)? How distinguished from Domain Coordination Committee?
- Advisory and mentoring relationship, particularly to new domains.
- Could refer issues to DCC or Board for appeal to their executive power. Failure criteria could include testability and implementability; scheduling of release. Remedies could include recommended changes or republication for additional public comment.
- Perhaps refer issues to DCC or Board for higher-level review?
- Who would be included?
- Teri's proposal based on DICOM WG-06 and HL7 Architecture Review Board
- DICOM WG-06 has executive power. HL7 ARB is advisory.
- Under proposal TRB would be composed of process mavens (6-8 members).
- How would it be managed?
- Developing governance rules is critical. Keep under authority of DCC and Board
- Action Item: Teri S to develop one-page proposal describing TRB for review on March 15
- Board discussion of Domain Coordination Strategic Planning
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Usage of Wiki Profile Catalog
- Intended to be brief, end-user oriented overviews of TI and FT Profiles
- Profile Overview Template
- Update of Short Profile Description Pages
- Domain Committee Board Report Schedule
- Discussion deferred
- Action Item: Domain co-chairs to review catalog and templates for discussion on March 15 tcon
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Next teleconference: March 16, 9-10:30 CT