IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2010-11-09

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Juergen Brandstaetter - Pharm Tech
  • Rick Butler - Eye Care Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Christel Daniel-Lebozec - AP Plan
  • Didi Davis - QRPH Plan
  • Laura Heermann - PCC Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care Plan/Tech
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Tech
  • Geoff Pascoe - ITI Tech
  • Andrea Pitkus - CAP (Lab)
  • Amit Popat - QRPH Tech
  • John Rhoads - PCD Plan
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardio Tech
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan


Absent domains: Radiation Oncology, Radiology.

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained

2. Review of Minutes

  • Motion: Approve minutes as amended. Approved unanimously.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

  • Radiology - Selected Profiles
    • Management of Radiology Report Templates
      • exchange of templates used to drive authoring of imaging reports
      • based on ~100 examples from work by RSNA Reporting Committee
      • input/use cases/participation sought from other imaging domains (CARD, EYE, PATH)
    • Imaging Object Quality Control and Maintenance
      • deletion/replacement mechanisms for DICOM objects which have copies stored in multiple locations
      • input/use cases/participation sought from other imaging domains (CARD, EYE, PATH)
    • Cross-Community Access for Images (XCA-I)
      • address imaging in the XCA framework; similar to adding imaging to XDS with XDS-I
      • input/use cases/participation sought from other imaging domains (CARD, EYE, PATH)
      • technical review/comments sought from ITI
    • Further details and proposal links here: Radiology Proposals 2010-2011

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Domain Coordination Work Group Process Improvement Proposals

(from 2010-10-26 minutes)

  • Work Group identified two significant issues to be addressed:
  1. Uniformity of process and work output across committees
  2. Coordination of committee work items
  • Coordination work between ITI (as infrastructure hub) and clinical specialties
  • Coordination among clinical specialties with similar information processes and needs
  • Potential Solutions for problem #1
  • Enhance education materials and process, including Wiki, Webinars and templates
  • Establish oversight body to enforce compliance (peer volunteer group or executive/expert review board)
  • Potential Solutions for problem #2
  • Expand domain liaison relationships to link specialties with one another and ITI
  • Require early, substantive cross-domain review of supplement work proposals (could use Domain Coordination Committee)
  • Perform strategic review of existing portfolio of profiles and identify gaps and overlap (for possible consolidation)
  • Categorize profiles by themes
  • Created matrix of liaisons with other domains and invite their input
  • Only one domain liaison (pharmacy) actually provided report
  • Need liaisons who are knowledgeable about ITI and the liaison domain
  • Need to find additional ways to encourage participation
  • Created matrix of national deployment committees and invited their input
  • More reports were submitted from international groups
  • Action Item: Domain planning committees to fill in matrix with profiles and suggest revisions to category names (by email to list); deadline is Dec. 7
  • Oversight body to review profile proposal activities
  • Agreement that it needs to be done
  • Needs to be formalized and have some degree of executive authority (like DICOM WG-06 and HL7 Architecture Review Board, for example)
  • Needs to be imposed in a way that does not greatly increase workload for committee volunteers
  • What would such a body oversee? What problem is it designed to solve?
  • Uniformity of process and documentation. Allow only intentional and useful variation across domains.
  • Coordination of substantive profile development across domains?
  • What would its authority be? How/when would it operate? Prior approval of profile proposals? Could it deny requests for profile development?
  • Would be useful to have as an administrative point of contact for domains seeking input on their processes
  • Who would participate: Named volunteers (current and previous co-chairs)
  • Action Items: Get terms of reference from DICOM; get Keith Boone to provide for HL7 Architecture Review Board; share with group and work within Domain Coordination Work Group
  • Add Karen Witting and John Rhoads to Domain Coordination Work Group


  • Create other groupings of domains (eg, diagnostic specialties) with comparable needs?
  • General agreement that we need consistency across domains; should not expect total uniformity of process or needs
  • Need to carefully consider the additional workload on volunteers and sponsor staff
  • Need to keep getting input from international organizations and respect their viewpoints
  • Need better secretarial support in getting information published domains
  • Review and gather input for profile coordination
  • Structured Reporting Coordination Across Domains
  • Need to make visible a set of valid CDA templates produced by IHE and work on coordinating their development
  • Radiology and Anatomic Pathology

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Review and discuss refinement, simplification

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Meeting: November 23, 9am CT
  • Agenda Items: Outcomes of committee meetings
  • Following: Dec. 7, 9am CT


Domain Coordination Committee