IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2010-10-26

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Didi Davis - QRPH Plan
  • John Garguilo - PCD Tech
  • Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care Plan/Tech
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Tech
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Geoff Pascoe - ITI Tech
  • Amit Popat - QRPH Tech
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
  • John Rhoads - PCD Plan
  • Karen Witting - ITI PLan

Absent domains: Cardiology, Anatomic Pathology, Pharmacy.


General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained

2. Review of Minutes

  • Motion: Approve minutes without amendment
  • Approved unanimously
  • See discussion below.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

  • ITI
  • Planning Committee - selected six profile supplement proposals and one handbook development work item to advance to Technical Committee for evaluation. See ITI PC Selected Profiles
  • Technical Committee - Query Docs supplement about to be released for Public Comment; XDS Patient ID Mgt white paper to be rereleased with public comments incorporated
  • Patient Care Coordination
  • Planning Committee selected four profile proposals for technical evaluation.
  • Patient Care Device
  • Opening email ballot on selection of profile proposals for technical evaluation.
  • Quality, Research and Public Health
  • Planning Committee selected profile proposals for further evaluation by Technical Committee
  • Radiology

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Documentation Work Group
  • Work to harmonize of profile supplement templates
  • Analysis has led to comparison of technical framework documents and recognition of need for template for technical framework volume 1
  • Widest variation across domains is in Vol. I
  • Have begun some work in comparing Volume I's across domains and building a table of variations
  • Goal to have a single framework template for domain supplements to fit into; derive supplement template from that template
  • HL7 Work Group
  • ITI CP 211: status unknown
  • Scheduling Tcon with Rob Horn and rest of Work Group
  • Cross-domain Strategic Planning Work Group
  • Work Group identified two significant issues to be addressed:
  1. Uniformity of process and work output across committees
  2. Coordination of committee work items
  • Coordination work between ITI (as infrastructure hub) and clinical specialties
  • Coordination among clinical specialties with similar information processes and needs
  • Potential Solutions for problem #1
  • Enhance education materials and process, including Wiki, Webinars and templates
  • Establish oversight body to enforce compliance (peer volunteer group or executive/expert review board)
  • Potential Solutions for problem #2
  • Expand domain liaison relationships to link specialties with one another and ITI
  • Require early, substantive cross-domain review of supplement work proposals (could use Domain Coordination Committee)
  • Perform strategic review of existing portfolio of profiles and identify gaps and overlap (for possible consolidation)
  • ITI Model for Coordination
  • Identified a representative to serve as liaison with each of the other domains
  • Invited domains to submit reports as input to ITI profile selection process
  • Grouped ITI profiles by "themes" and created matrix of profiles by them across domains
  • Action Item: Committee members to review issues and proposed solutions above and be prepared to comment on the perspective of their domain and preferences for process improvements
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to create Google spreadsheet version of ITI profile matrix and make available for editing by Domain Coordination Committee members
  • Action Item: Domain Coord Cmte members to review and refine Domain Profile Matrix


  • Non-participating Domains; quorum rules
  • Domain participation has become more consistent
  • Anatomic Pathology still consistently absent
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to contact CAP staff person about encouraging representation by AP domain

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Template reconciliation
  • Profile author support/training
  • Update on use of supplement template and related tools
  • Checklist of common editorial tasks
  • Overview of publication process step-by-step (see ITI process page and diagram); Wiki page or Webinar?
  • Action Item: Chris Carr and Mary Jungers to work on improved process page and presentation materials for December Webinar
  • Linked pdf documents (named destinations)
  • Mary Jungers and Chris Carr working on Technical Framework Test Page (ITI TF volumes) with instructions and materials for creating profile implementation guides
  • Current template may be confusing or have too many requirements: takes profile authors a considerable amount of time to develop a profile description page
  • Current list is missing many profiles, especially new ones, and needs to be updated
  • Continue discussion on next tcon about possible revisions of template and process for getting missing profiles developed

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Meeting: November 9, 9am CT
  • Agenda Items:

Domain Coordination Committee