IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-09-01 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Planning
  • Rob Horn - ITI Technical
  • John Donnelly - PCC Planning
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Planning
  • Laura Heerman - PCC Technical
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Planning
  • John Rhoads - PCD Technical
  • Todd Cooper - PCD Technical
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Planning
  • Bruce Curran - Radiation Oncology Planning
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care Planning
  • Steve Merritt - PCD Planning
  • Steve Moore - MIR
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Motion to approve minutes passed with one abstention
  • Motion to approve minutes passed with one abstention

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

5. Welcome New Committee Chairs: Laura Heermann, PCC Technical Co-chair; Rob Horn, ITI Technical Co-chair

Domain Announcements

  • ITI Call for Proposals open until 2009-09-25
    • Special call to other IHE domains to submit proposals (none yet received)
  • Action Item: Planning Committee Co-chairs to fill-in dates and information in first four columns of Domain Milestone Dates

Domain Coordination Issues

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Interoperability Showcase
  • John Donnelly invites co-chairs to work on planning scenarios for cross-domain solutions in; need to recruit participants willing to take part in scenarios that bridge domains, eg, EMRs implementing XDS-I or Lab profiles, PCC document profiles
  • HITSP testing at Connectathon: documentation of relationship between HITSP Interoperability Specifications and IHE Profiles needs to be provided to Connectathon participants
  • Role for IHE USA to solicit information from HITSP; John Donnelly, Bob Yencha and Lori Forquet have been contact points for HITSP testing
  • Action Item: John Donnelly will work with Lisa Spellman to identify information to be published and determine method of publishing


  • Consistent naming strategies for yearly directories on ftp site
    • Recently the ITI, PCC, QRPH domains reviewed the naming of year directories and agreed on a common approach, although some have issue with the approach. In general a yearly directory includes:
      • An indication of what "year" by count (i.e. yr1, yr2, yr3, ... ) of the domain
      • A year range that starts at the year new profiles will be released and ends the year the new profiles will be tested at connectathon.
    • ITI has adopted a single year range for its maintanence work, i.e. the 2009 folder is named TF_Maintenance-2009.
    • The ITI planning cycle for the 2010-2011 year will begin in the Fall of 2009 and the directory associated with the work will be named /iheitiyr7-2010-2011/. Planning committee members find this odd, since their work is in 2009. But it is consistently done this way in the ITI, PCC and QRPH domains. What about other domains?
    • RAD works on an annual TF development cycle. (Proposal-Selection-Draft-PublicComment-TI Publication)
      • The cycle years reflect when that happens. The TI Supps we published a few weeks ago are for Yr11-2008-2009.
      • On the wiki we refer to both years. On the ftp site, we shortened the name to just list the second year since that's when the bulk of the TF development work happens.
      • A Profile is tested at various Connectathons over multiple years and will become Final Text at some time in the future.

Governance Implementation

  • Proposal: Roster Pruning
    • Since anyone can be added to the roster of any domain cmte by having their primary representative send an email to the secretary/cochair of the committee stating the representatives name...
    • We should remove members from the roster if they have not attended a meeting in over a year. A roster full of phantom members is unwieldy and misleading
    • They should stay on the mailing list
    • Action Item: Chris Carr to develop sample Roster Pruning Message for domains to consider implementing

Next steps and New Actions Items

1. Next call - September 15, 9:00am - 10:30am CDT

Domain Coordination Committee