IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-08-04 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Flora Lum - Eyecare Planning
  • Rick Butler - Eycare Technical
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Planning
  • Karen Witting - ITI Technical
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Technical
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Technical
  • John Donnelly - PCC Planning
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Planning
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Technical
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Planning
  • Todd Cooper - PCD Technical
  • John Rhoads - PCD Technical
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Planning
  • Steve Moore - MIR
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA

Minutes

1. General Committee Business

    • <Motion> Approved with two abstentions

2. New Business: from Domain Coord - Future Agenda Topics

3. Review Action Items List

  • Set aside 20 minutes on 8-18 tcon to review updated action item list

4. Domain Milestone Announcements

  • Radiology has opened call for work item proposals; due Aug. 28

5. Domain Coordination Issues

  • Table of Cross Domain Dependencies
    • Process for update and use of the table at Cross-Domain_Dependency_Process
    • Action Item: Domain Technical Committee Co-chairs to begin populating Dependency Spreadsheet for their domains
    • PCC domain volunteers to make a start: Tone Southerland will populate the PCC tab
  • Update on URN registration: Rob Horn will report on in Sept.
    • Add to Sept. 15 agenda
  • Who is allowed to submit new work item proposals to a domain planning committee?
    • Does it need to be a representative of an IHE member?
      • Committee Consensus: No. Non-members will be encouraged to to find a "sponsor" from within the committee to be an author.

Or a voting member of the planning or technical committee. Or can it be any person? What would be the purpose of restricting who can submit proposals?

    • This is urgent because the planning cycle is starting in many domains and we should understand what, if any, the restrictions are.
  • The HL7 subgroup (cross-domain is making little progress and it is critical that this group begin delivering results
    • This is urgent because the group was formed a long time ago yet is not solving the problems it was charged with. A new model should be considered.
    • Yongjian Bao and Vassil Peytchev are working on authoring "Appendix L" for ITI framework defining use of HL7 messages in profiles
      • Appendix is needed before coding begins for Connectathon
      • Change proposals in ITI are awaiting this appendix, as is revision of Rad SWF
    • Action Item: Chris Carr will request that Yongjian and Vassil take part on Sept. 1 tcon to provide update on progress and schedule for completing draft for review

6. Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Name space management and information librarian position are urgent to be addressed in near term
    • Action Item: Publish job description: Chris has completed description and will publish to group
  • Chris Carr will follow with suggested list of priority tasks for information librarian
  • Review of Upcoming Domain Reports to IHE Board
    • Eye Care and PCC have submitted their reports
    • Lahey Clinic in Boston potential success story candidate

7. Webinar Series

  • IT Infrastructure Update - August 13, 11:00am - 12:30pm CDT
  • IHE 2010 North American Connectathon Process moved to August 28
  • Steve Moore presented list of profiles that are to be tested at Connectathon
  • Action Item: Co-chairs to review
  • IHE News to send notice of upcoming events

8. Governance Implementation

9. Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next call, Tues., August 18, 9-10:30am CDT


Domain Coordination Committee