IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-07-07 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Imran Chaudri - Eye Care Tech
  • Jason Colquitt - QRPH Tech
  • Todd Cooper - PCD Tech
  • John Donnelly - PCC Plan
  • Ana Esterlich - QRPH Plan
  • Richard Kasama, MD - PCC Plan
  • Flora Lum, MD - Eye Care Plan
  • Francois Macary - Lab Plan
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Steve Merritt - PCD Plan
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Chris Lindop - Rad Tech
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Tech
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA

Minutes

1. General Committee Business

  • <Motion> Minutes approved unanimously

2. New Business: from Domain Coord - Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Reviewed and updated page
  • Name space management and information librarian position are urgent to be addressed in near term

3. Review Action Items List

4. Domain Milestone Announcements

5. Domain Coordination Issues

  • IHE Support for Application Acknowledgment
  • ITI has received CP to allow enhanced mode as well as original mode
  • Original mode is a "one-shot acknowledgment"
  • Enhanced mode is "two-shot" message
  • Current departmental workflow profiles (eg, Rad SWF) rely on original mode
  • Some use cases, such as PCD infusion pump profile, require application-level acknowledgment
  • The baseline should remain original mode acknowledgment, allowing "override" where use cases require
  • ITI holding discussion Thursday, July 16, 3:30-4:30 CT on how to address
  • Table of Cross Domain Profile Dependencies
  • Responsibility for assessing impact of any changes to a profile depended upon rests with the affected domain
  • Dependency type is not a defined list of categories (at least initially)
  • Changes to profiles with dependencies will be included in Domain Announcements on Domain Coordination Committee tcons
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to propagate revised structure on ITI tab across domains and add tabs for all domains
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to send message to Domain Co-chairs to add listings to the appropriate tabs of profiles in their domains that rely on profiles in that domain
  • Action Item: Allow two months for co-chairs to add data and review on subsequent tcon
  • Action Item: Karen Witting will create process page for review on subsequent tcon
  • Review of updates to CP Process page (made January 2009) pursuant to Action Item.
  • Decide whether updates should be accepted as standard procedure or left to domain discretion
  • Standard procedure includes file version codes of FT and IN to indicate CPs that have reached the Final Text and Incorporated states respectively
  • ITI and PCC use Wiki pages and status spreadsheets to manage CP documents and do not designate all status changes in a file by changing file name
  • <Motion> Committee to decide whether a) the additional three document status filenames are included as the normative process or b) they are removed from the normative process and documented as a deviation by radiology and other domains that use them
  • Option b was selected by a 5-3 margin

6. Webinar Series

  • Planning and scheduling update

7. Documentation, Websites and Public Information

8. Governance Implementation

9. Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next call, Tues., July 21, 9-10:30am CDT


Domain Coordination Committee