IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-05-26 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Imran Chaudri - Eye Care TC
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Christel Daniel - Anapath
  • Chris Lindop - Rad Tech
  • Francois Macary - Lab Tech
  • Michael McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Steve Moore - Mallinckrodt Inst.
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Milestone Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • ITI Supplements for Public Comment week of June 1
  • Lab Supplement for Trial Implementation June 1: Inter-Laboratory Workflow
  • Second Lab Supplement for Public Comment in late summer: Graphics and Images in Lab Results (GIR)

Domain Coordination Issues

1. Webinar Series - Review timelineand next steps

2. Supplement Template/Technical Framework Docs: Change "Interaction Diagram" section to "Transaction Behavior"

3. R2/RE and related terminology issues

4. Lab and Pharmacy

  • Each developing profiles (currently in white paper stage) using static CDA documents for orders
  • Currently receiving public comment; if decision is made to go ahead, the two domains will form a joint task foce
  • Would then put in a request to ITI to discuss developing XDS-based workflow for CDA-based ordering

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Profile Testing Numbers

  • FYI - number of companies to have successfully tested each profile as of March 2009

2. Radiology Board Report

  • The board liked the format/contents of the report.
  • The board requested 2 domain reports per month to more quickly get through all the domains that have never submitted a report, then drop back to one per month (i.e. each domain reporting about once per year)
  • Committee consensus that this approach is workable: next reports due would be PCC and ITI for the June 11 Board tcon (reports due June 40)
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to update Board Report Timeline

Governance Implementation

  • Quorum for joint meetings
  • Proposal of secretaries is to require that quorum for joint meetings be understood as quorum for each of the committees involved in the joint meeting
  • A representative who is a voting member of each committee would count toward quorum of each committee
  • The voting roster of the joint meeting would be the combined voting representatives present from the committees involved
  • Each member organization gets only one vote in the combined voting roster
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to produce written description of joint committee process for June 9 teleconference

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next teleconference: Tues., June 9, 9am CDT
  • Review of Action Items
  • Glossary Outline
  • Revised Board Report Presentation Timeline


Domain Coordination Committee