IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-03-31 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Jason Colquitt - QRPH Tech
  • Todd Cooper - PCD Tech
  • Bruce Curran - RO Plan
  • John Donnelly - PCC Plan
  • Ana Esterlich - QRPH Plan
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care Plan
  • Mike McCoy - PCC Plan
  • Steve Merritt - PCD Plan
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Tech
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Steve Moore - MIR
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum not attained

2. Approval of 2009-03-17 Minutes

  • Deferred due to lack of quorum

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Milestone Announcements

1) PCC: Profiles Selected

  • Labor and Delivery Record (LDR)
  • Emergency Responder Pre-Hospital Care Report (ERPCR)
  • Query for Clinical Guidance (QCG) - formerly Clinical Decision Support
  • Coded Nursing Documentation (CND)
  • Detailed Scores and Assessments - white paper

2) Laboratory: Opening Public Comment

3) Eye Care: Published Final Text

  • Publication Date: January 31, 2009.

4) ITI will soon announce Evaluating Profiles for Final Text

5) Cardiology will soon resume activity

  • Likely beginning profile selection in Fall

Domain Coordination Issues

1) Security Cookbook

  • where to put the risk assessment spreadsheet template on the FTP?
  • need of a volunteer profile editor (outside of ITI) to test the cookbook with guidance from ITI technical committee.
  • PCC Tech may apply cookbook in Labor and Delivery Record (formerly Intrapartum Care) Profile
  • Goal is to walk through using the cookbook in profile development
  • Tone Southerland (PCC) and Ana Estelrich (QRPH) will act as outside reviewers; work with Manuel Metz to develop a presentation for profile editors on the use of Security Cookbook
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to work with Manuel, Ana and Tone to prepare Webex session on use of Cookbook; invite all profile editors; record and make available for editors

2) IHE URN Namespace

  • Request from ITI committee member that since we are using the urn:ihe:iti... namespace URN: IHE should really register its URN namespace usage with IANA (internet assigned number authority).
  • Need to find someone knowledgeable about registration process to give direction or do legwork
  • Rob Horn willing to act as resource
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to draft Wiki page to describe role of IHE information librarian, including list of materials that need to be curated and published via a stable and accessible means

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1) Supplement Packaging for Trial Implementation and Public Comment

  • Urgent because we should get this resolved before we get too far in this cycle
  • Most domains publish one supplement document for each profile containing both Volume 1 and Volume 2 material
  • Eyecare and RadOnc are publishing an updated TF Volume 1 document and an updated TF Volume 2
  • This may be confusing for readers (which is the Real TF) and inconvenient for reviewers (have to handle two documents for each supplement being reviewed or trial implemented)
  • Is there a good reason to use this format?
  • Need further instructions to editors about use of template and working with MS-Word
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to propose minor updates in template and enhance instructions to author/editors on Writing Technical Frameworks process page

2) Webinar Series Planning

  • Make Webinar preparation a cooperative effort between IHE deployment groups driven by domain committees
  • Kevin O'Donnell and John Donnelly agree to help with planning process following HIMSS meeting
  • Recruit further assistance during HIMSS meeting
  • Set up teleconference to begin planning process

Governance Implementation

1) Patent Disclosure Process

2) Committee Meeting Formal Announcements

  • Action Item: Chris Carr to present proposed materials for April 14 meeting including disclosure form/letter and meeting slides on patent disclosure and anti-competitive behavior

Next Steps and New Actions Items

Domain Coordination Committee