IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2008-11-25 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Ana Estelrich - QRPH Planning
  • Floyd Eisenberg - QRPH Tech
  • John Donnelly - PCC Planning
  • Chris Lindop - Radiology Tech
  • Flora Lum - Eye Care Planning
  • Francois Macary - Lab Plan/Tech
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Planning
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Planning
  • Charles Parisot - ITI Planning
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Didi Davis - HIMSS
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Chris Carr - RSNA

Minutes

Regular Committee Business

1. Roll Call

  • Quorum attained

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Approved unanimously
  • Approved with two abstentions (absentees)
  • Approved with four abstentions (absentees)
  • Approved with three abstentions (absentees)


3. Schedule Future Agenda Topics for upcoming meetings

  • Action Item: John Donnelly to add Showcase priority discussion for August 2009 timeframe

4. Review previous action items

  • Action Item: Committee to review and fill in status of action items for Dec. 9 call
  • Action Item: Secretary to add ID# column to Action Items list

Domain Coordination Checkpoint Announcements

1. ITI Meeting Outcomes

  • Final profile selection tcon upcoming: Dec. 17

2. PCC Meeting Outcomes

  • Reviewed and provisionally selected three profiles and one white paper
  • <List to be inserted>
  • Joint call with PCC Planning to finalize scope and approve Nov. 26
  • PCC Tech development kickoff tcon Dec. 5

3. QRPH Meeting Outcomes

  • Reviewed and provisionally selected four profiles and one white paper
  • Chronic Disease Management Reporting
  • Retrieve Protocol for Execution Detailed Proposal
  • Maternal child health
  • Diabetes Care Management: White Paper Approved in Technical Committee - Review by Dec 22 regarding consolidation with Chronic Disease Management Reporting
  • Performance Quality Report
  • New-born screening: Planning White Paper
  • Pseudonmyzation white paper likely to be deferred by ITI (final decision, Dec. 17)
  • QRPH may take on development as off-cycle white paper for resubmission next May
  • Editorial groups to begin development in advance of joint call to finalize scope
  • Next discussion: Dec. 22 call with QRPH Planning to finalize scope

4. Anatomic Pathology TF Publication

  • Confirmed selection of domain name; needs to be updated on www.ihe.net
  • Trial Implementation version ready for publication on ftp site
  • TF document contains one profile: Anatomic Pathology Worklow (APW): intra-enterprise workflow using PAM
  • Will be tested at IHE Europe Connectathon in April
  • One profile selected for 2009 development: Reporting to Cancer Registries
  • One white paper: structured reports from anatomic pathology
  • Will meet with HL7 Pathology Reporting committee in January in Orlando

Domain Coordination Issues

1. R2, RO definitions

  • Action Item: Chris Carr to schedule working teleconference
  • Document from Rob Horn, Frank Oemig, Keith Boone, etc.

2. HL7 Task Force

  • Revision of ITI TF Appendix C: attempting to synchronize publication with update of Rad SWF to use HL7 v2.5 transactions
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to schedule tcon to update on progress developing new Appendix C

Publication Issues

1. Technical Framework Publication Page(s)

  • Wiki-based Framework editing
  • Sponsors have put a block on editing of final technical framework documents on the Wiki
  • Need a more stable publishing medium
  • Action Item: Technical Committees required to output their work as MS-Word documents for conversion into pdfs for publication
  • Possible that Wiki editing could be expanded in future as document production tools improve
  • Facilitates cross-linking to related documents
  • Use Wiki to do brainstorming (eg, profile proposals); link final documents to Wiki
  • Action Item: Domain Committee Secretaries to update Framework Publication Process documents on Wiki to reflect this requirement

2. Domain Scope Statements

  • Action Item: Kevin O'Donnell will add to "normalized" domain statements a sample paragraph on relationships between domains
  • Action Item: Secretaries to make email distribution lists more visible on Domain Committee pages

3. Definitions of Profiles

  • Kevin O'Donnell reviewed profile descriptions published at Profiles
  • Add comments to listings noting where significant content is missing
  • Related profiles section missing in many profile descriptions
  • Consider matrix approach for some profiles (eg, PIX/PDQ) that are implicated in many other profiles
  • Action Item: Planning Committee Co-chairs to oversee their domain committees in completing work
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to forward to Planning Co-chairs by name and include list of outstanding or incomplete profile definitions

4. ITI Security Cookbook

  • Purpose is to help ITI profile authors develop the security sections of their profiles
  • Need volunteer from outside ITI to review it and try use it as guidance for writing security functions into a profile
  • Discusses, eg, what security environments need to be taken into account in developing security policies
  • Radiology is a candidate: currently engaged in developing updated version of XDS-I and PDI, which currently do not include detailed security discussion
  • Action Item: Radiology Technical Committee will review and respond to ITI Tech
  • Anatomic Pathology also interested in reviewing during development of its new profile

Next Meeting

  • Tues., Dec. 9, 10-11:30am
  • Tues., Jan. 6, 10-11:30am; committee refresh meeting


Domain Coordination Committee