IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2008-09-02 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Keith Boone - PCC Plan
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Floyd Eisenberg, MD - QRPH Plan
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • Flora Lum, MD - Eye Care Plan
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Mike Schmidt - Eye Care Plan
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Steve Moore - Mallinckrodt Inst.
  • François Macary - LAB plan & tech
  • Lisa Spellman, HIMSS
  • LaVerne Palmer, HIMSS
  • Chris Carr, RSNA
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call

  • Quorum attained

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Minutes approved unanimously

3. Schedule Future Agenda Topics for upcoming meetings

  • Add for 2008-09-16 tcon:
  • Action Item: Chris Carr will distribute for comment
  • Plan for soliciting participation in DCC from non-participating domains
  • Implementation Support Material: Use of INRIA Forge for Distributing WSDLs and Schema Rules in Controlled Environment

4. Review previous action items

Domain Coordination Checkpoint Announcements

  • Radiology about to publish TF rev. 9.0 as final text
  • Several domains set to publish calls for profiles

Domain Coordination Issues

1. Domain Timeline Coordination

  • Action Item: Domain Co-chairs are to fill in missing dates and estimated numbers of profiles
  • Goal is to avoid overload in publishing documents and public comment
  • PCC and ITI meeting simultaneously and publish many supplement documents in same time frame: if possible, encourage some gap between publication dates to enable interested parties to review all the documents
  • Further question for future consideration is whether there should be some limit on the number of profiles published in a given domain

2. Committee Quorums

  • Minutes of 2008-08-18 show that motion passed unanimously to set minimum Quorum for a committee at three active members (committee membership minimum is thus five members)
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to set call of domain committee secretaries to plan implementation of this rule and other issues

3. Review of definitions of R2 and RE (see discussion in 2008-08-18 minutes)

  • There is no clear distinction between the definitions provided of R2 and RE in Technical Framework documents
  • Perception of PCC, per Keith Boone, has been that RE is stricter than R2
  • No distinction has been made in testing of R2 vs. RE elements per Steve Moore
  • ITI uses both R2 and RE in PAM profile
  • IHE Radiology created R2 designation based on Type 2 requirement definition in DICOM; however, R2 is only applied to HL7 elements in Rad TF; Rad would be amenable to adopting RE definition
  • HL7 is working on refining RE definition for release of HL7 2.7 (timeline unknown)
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to coordinate a meeting of interested parties during HL7 meeting in Vancouver to resolve disagreement and confusion and develop consistent definitions to be used in all TF documents
  • Participants to include: Todd Cooper, John Moerhke, Rob Horn, Keith Boone, Francois Macary, Kevin O'Donnell
  • Remaining questions:
  • Is a "send if known" designation (R2 or RE) appropriate at all or should these elements simply be optional?
  • Is there any meaningful distinction to be made between R2 and RE?
  • Would it be useful to be more precise in defining behaviors of sending and receiving actors; perhaps including behavior of human actors?


4. HL7 Task Force Update

  • Call took place on 2008-08-28
  • Paul Seifert has submitted CP to Rad TF to fix conflict in HL7 versions and requirements for Acknowledgment Mode
  • Other Radiology-specific issues to be addressed in updating Scheduled Workflow
  • Yongjian Bao and Vassil Peytchev will begin addressing Appendix C in ITI TF to address cross-version compatibility of HL7 versions
  • Next HL7 Task Force tcon: Thurs, Sept. 28, 10-11am

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Implementation support material [Defer to 2008-09-16]

  • Review updated implementation templates and domain implementation guide links under Implementation Guidance

2. Review domain tool kits links. [Defer to 2008-09-16]

3. Technical Framework Template Review and Update [Defer to 2008-09-16]

4. Recruitment message for clinicians to participate in Domain Committees [Defer to 2008-09-16]

  • Action Item: Chris Carr will distribute recruiting message for review and comment by committee

Governance Implementation

1) Vote on proposal to change the way the pluses are used in rosters for voting purposes.

  • Example: [1]
  • Pluses in parentheses (optionally red) would designate attendance by members without current voting privileges
  • Parenthetical plus attendees would get credit for attending meeting, but not be able to record votes at that meeting (thus not counting toward quorum)
  • Motion approved

2) IHE Membership Requirements

  • Review of requirements
  • Schedule update of rosters
    • All members of rosters should now be representing an IHE Member Organization
    • IHE membership requirement went into effect in March; thus far we have allowed a 6-month grace period
  • Action Item: Each Committee Secretary to update roster for next meeting and work with cochairs to remind/encourage laggard members.

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • September 16, 2008

Domain Coordination Committee