IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2008-08-19 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Keith Boone - PCC Tech
  • Jason Colquitt - QRPH Tech
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • John Donnelly - PCC Plan
  • Floyd Eisenberg, MD - QRPH Tech
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Tech
  • Chris Lindop - Rad Plan
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Michael Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Charles Parisot - ITI Plan
  • Michael Schmidt - Eye Care Tech
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Tech (guest)
  • Steve Moore - Technical Management Group
  • Chris Carr - RSNA Staff
  • Didi Davis - HIMSS Staff
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA Staff
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA Staff
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS Staff

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Approval of Minutes

  • Add detail of committee membership to attendees
  • Minutes approved (two abstentions)

2. Schedule Future Agenda Topics for upcoming meetings.

  • Topics list reviewed and updated

3. Review previous action items

  • Secretary to develop template for Domain Board reports

Domain Coordination Checkpoint Announcements

  • LAB
    • Publication of TF as Final Text (rev. 2.1) completed Aug. 11
    • Profiles included:
      • Laboratory Testing Workflow (LTW)
      • Laboratory Device Automation (LDA)
      • Laboratory Point Of Care Testing (LPOCT)
      • Laboratory Code Set Distribution (LCSD)
      • Laboratory Specimen Barcode Labeling (LBL)
      • Sharing Laboratory Reports (XD-LAB)
    • Action: Lab Co-chairs will backfill Final Text Evaluations
  • ITI
    • Call for Proposals
      • Due: Sept. 26 (issued in July)
    • Next meeting in Paris, Oct. 16-17
    • Webinars Sept. 29 - Oct. 10 to cover each profile proposal and streamline meeting in discussion
  • QRPH
    • Opening Public Comment: Drug Safety for Reporting of Adverse Events
      • Comments Due Sept. 30
      • Off-cycle profile; Hope to include in current Connectathon Cycle (in New Directions area?)

Domain Coordination Issues

1. Domain Timeline Coordination

  • Action: Secretariat to send reminder to outstanding domains to enter their milestone dates
  • Action: Kevin to add column to table for estimated number of supplements

2. Committee Quorums

  • Discussion prior to potentially bumping to IHE Board
  • Confirm secretariat responsibility for monitoring/recording quorum
  • Is it an issue if a committee consistently fails to reach quorum
  • Is there a mimimum acceptable quorum for a committee? 1? 2? 3? 4?
  • Consensus: Set floor of five voting members for committee to be active (quorum minimum is 3)
  • Action: Committee Secretaries to Establish procedure for when committees fall below minimum
  • Action: Secretariat to schedule Committee Secretary Update Meeting

3. R2 optionality definition document review

  • ITI, PCC, Rad and Lab definitions of R2 are all similar to HL7 RE (required, empty)
  • ITI, Rad: R2=Required if know, must be able to capture and transmit
  • PCC: R2=Required if known, not required to capture (system-by-system differences)
  • Lab: RE=R2, similar to interpretation used by ITI, Rad; harmonize on single designation?
  • PCC will align its definition of R2 with usage by ITI, Rad
  • PCC will develop separate optionality designation (R3?): if you capture, you must send, but you are not required to capture
  • R2 derived from DICOM Type 2, but coinage of IHE; continue to use for DICOM designation
  • RE to be used for 2.x HL7 message profiling
  • General principle: document requirements in syntax of underlying standard
  • Action: Keith Boone to draft definition of RE as possible replacement for R2; based on Lab definition of RE?
  • Action: Lab, Rad, PCD, ITI and PCC Tech Cmtes to review definition and agree on how and when to use
  • Document compiling language on R2 and RE from ITI, PCC, Lab and Rad TFs

4. PCC APR Profile Dependencies and Content Profile Compliance [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 Teleconference]

5. TF Publication Process Guidelines [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 Teleconference]

6. HL7 Review Task Force [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 Teleconference]

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Implementation support material [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 teleconference]

  • How to make it easily available for developers
  • Specialized part of the wiki ordered by domain and profile? (e.g. the Implementation section of the Wiki)
  • Suggestion from ITI Tech to facilitate access to support material for developers (WSDLs, schemas, examples). Example at ftp:/ftp.ihe.net/TF_Support_Material
  • Review updated implementation templates and domain implementation guide links under Implementation Guidance

2. Profile descriptions for ISO publication

  • ISO documents to be presented at meeting in Turkey in mid-October
  • Board to approve list of active Domains
  • Short descriptions for Trial Implementation and Final Text profiles in each active domain need to be completed
  • Add creation of brief description to process for publication of profile supplements
  • Action: Secretary to review current list of profiles and create list of those needing description documents
  • Action: Domain Tech Cmte chairs to update profiles as needed by Oct. 1

3. Review domain tool kit links. [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 teleconference]

4. Recruitment message for clinicians to participate in Domain Committees [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 teleconference]

5. Process refinements to encourage and facilitate clinical participation [Discussion deferred to 2008-09-02 teleconference]

Governance Implementation

1) Vote on proposal to change the way the pluses are used in rosters for voting purposes.

Example http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=ITI_Technical_Committee_Roster

2) IHE Membership Requirements

  • Review of requirements
  • Schedule update of rosters
    • All members of rosters should now be representing an IHE Member Organization
    • IHE Membership went live in January. We've allowed a 6 month grace period.
    • Suggested Action: Each Committee Secretary to update roster for next meeting and work with cochairs to remind/encourage laggard members.

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Tcon: 2008-09-02, 10:00-11:30am CDT
    • Action: Secretariat to expand future tcons to 90 minutes to accommodate agenda


Domain Coordination Committee