DEV Joint 2020-10-28 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, DPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: Joint DEV Domain Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

- Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
- Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: DEV Joint 2020-08-26 Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
Quiet Hospital
New Profiles
7. DEV Action Item Review
- Link to Action Items: https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/DEV_Planning_Committee_Action_Items#Action_Items_001-009
- Link to DEV Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bASbQ802YbXVr--1kCiAGeyKCk6Om6Tv
8. Programs activities
- PCD
- PCH
- DPi
9. Other Business
- Virtual F2F (October)
- Domain Board Report
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- DEV Cochairs November 17th, 2020, DEV Cochairs 2020-11-17 Webex
- DEV Domain (Joint) November 18th, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-11-18 Webex
- DEV Cochair and Joint meetings for December are cancelled.

Action Items from Previous Meetings

None currently

See DEV Planning Committee Action Items and DEV Technical Committee Action Items

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Cochairs:

- Planning: Kurt Elliason, Thom Erickson, Ken Fuchs
- Technical: Tom Kowlczyk, Javier Espina Perez, Stefan Schlichting (unable to attend)

Technical Project Manager: Michael J. Kirwan and Paul Sherman

Chair: Kurt Elliason

Guests: Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter, John Donnelly, Todd Cooper, John Garguilo and Dan Kernan.

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Todd would like to add discussions on 2021, Connectathon and Showcase.

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
- Kurt led today's discussion. No further additions to the agenda noted, the agenda was approved.
- Reviewed discussion/meeting summary from last month.

Placeholder

:3. Standards Coordination
- Ken noted that they currently holding elections in PoCD and PHD. New officers will take over on January 1st, 2021. Also just started a subgroup (IEEE 11073 PoCD) for the SDC topic (3 stds over last 3 years will lead to device specializations). Meetings are on Tuesdays, 10am ET. Todd noted that the SDC Profiles are built on top.
_ Michael noted that the IEEE 11073 PHD group will start discussions on Spriromety on November 5th. This will be to draft the PAR. They do expect to need nomenclature codes but have already looked at this in the past. Currently assessing how the device specialization will work with their new -10206 ACOM work.
- Paul noted that for nomenclature that pumps close and that dialysis they working toward locking in as provisional (in -10101B).
- Javier noted that the IEEE -10206. Bluetooth Generic Health Sensor service and profile functional requirements document was submitted to BARB. Once approved the spec development will start, likely around December time-frame. Additionally, HL7 working on publication of the IG, referenced by the PCH POU profile. It’s currently only referenced but never published.
:4. Ballots 
- Ballots for ACM to go out today.
:5. Marketing DEV, IHE
- Todd noted that we were going to look at perspective, lessons learned and forward looking. Tom noted that knowing that we could do the reverse, if virtual, then transition to the other side. He will send feedback from his team on this once complete. Todd feels that engaging IHE International as a Domain this could become something in a central IHE place (currently doesn't exist). This was the lessons learned but use this and goto Marketing committee and Board (in Board report as a heads-up).
:6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Reviewed calendar. Kurt noted that we have made this more flexible. Need more specific publication dates but they're rough dates for planning.
- Todd noted that they are working on the MDIRA Detailed proposal (December time-frame for submission). The Brief Proposal was approved. The Detailed Proposal will have the Actor diagrams and transactions and use-cases.
- Javier noted that PCH is now working on the Detailed Proposal for D2C Constrained Devices.
- Todd noted that at last week's IHE Testing and Tools committee meeting, IHE USA presented a proposal (showing dates, domains, profiles, etc.) which is now approved and going to the Board on December 2nd. Michael noted that the IHE Europe Connectathon is next week and that they are in the last hour of planning. Monroe noted that some vendors would not be willing to participate due their unwillingness to use public IP addresses or VPN. This will be a learning experience and they are still updating the rules for the Connectathon (such as the use of Rocket.chat and changes to how things are tested.
- Kurt questioned if there was anything on Showcase topics release yet. John noted no call yet as HIMSS Global Event was pushed to August.
:7. DEV Action Item Review 
- Action Number 006: Todd noted that he's made updates for DPi. He's working on them now. Finishing the Board report still open (Todd working on it). In number 7 it has seven items. Add update to say all the above is done but the report.
- Todd noted that he and John Rhoads, moving the 2020 version of the TF to IHE GitHub. Going to update and incorporate with CPs approved and the template. Need to capture this as an action item here (due November). He also questioned the process. The CPs have been approved, just need to add to the list. Michael to add this to the Action Item list and follow-up on the process.
:8. Programs activities 
- PCD
- Monroe noted that for Quiet Hospital they will meet next Tuesday to draft the Connectathon tests (optional). As it is Quiet Hospital, expect it to be similar to AR, AM and AC test but with additional required message content. This will be an end to middle to end test.
- PCH
- Javier noted that the Detailed Proposal for D2C constrained is being drafted. Additionally, the Continua test tool and Gazelle TM tool integration is moving along. We are also having good progress on the IHE POU profile and expect to be complete with a draft at the end of this month. They are also working on remote test capability to support the IHE US Connectathon. PCH will not provide a presentation at FHIR Developer Days (their proposal was not selected). They will have a virtual booth where their work will be mentioned and available for attendees to review.
- Dpi
- Todd noted that the first IHE Germany SDPi Plugathon took place in Ooctober (see Website: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/GP/2020.10.20-21+IHE+Germany+SDPi+PAT). This was a hybrid event and we were able to test out the virtual component for future Plugathons. This was a successful event and time well spent. Another one is planned for end of the year and also do once per month afterward. Also created a community events page. There is a table of events page. A lot going on in this area so will get this out for review by the end of the year. IEEE did approve the Copyright for the standard so good to go.
:9.  Other Business
- Virtual F2F (April, likely virtual). We came up with a proposed date in the 3rd week of April.
- Domain Board Report
- Targeted for DCC call in November and present to the Board in December (Todd).
- Ken suggested we discuss our tooling used in our meetings (using the Wiki is a bit archaic). Should we use Google docs? Noted that some companies will not let their employees use Google. Michael recently spoke to Amit and he noted that they are looking at Confluence but this is contingent on the HIMSS and IHE budgets (which is currently being assessed). There's also a tool that PCHA called Causeway which is very versatile. Michael to follow-up with Amit.
- Meeting schedule in November and December
- Discussed November Cochair and Joint meetings. Currently they are slated during the week of Thanksgiving and may not be well attended. December is the same. We decided to cancel December’s meetings and, for November, we will meet the week before assuming Javier is able to adjust the PCH meetings that conflict with November 17th. Javier will work with Thom and advise the group.

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- DEV Cochairs November 17th, 2020, DEV Cochairs 2020-11-17 Webex
- DEV Domain (Joint) November 18th, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-11-18 Webex
- DEV Cochair and Joint meetings for December are cancelled.

PCD Home