DEV Domain F2F Apr 2021 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

PCD Home

Paul Sherman and Michael J. Kirwan, DEV Domain TPM's

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the programs and committees involved:
  • DEV Domain level Discussions
  • DEV PCD Program Discussion
  • DEV PCH Program Discussion
  • DEV DPi Program Discussion
Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals; Adjourn Joint PC&TC meeting. contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.

Location & General Schedule

Location:
- Virtual via Webex (Info below)


Dates
- To assist European participants, all meetings(except the Pump WG) will be morning meetings, with a meeting on Friday.
the times will be 9AM EDT - 1PM EDT
  • Monday : Pump Meeting (Noon to 3pm Eastern)
  • Wednesday : PCD Planning Committee (9am to 1pm Eastern)
  • Thursday, : PCD Technical Committee (9am to 1pm Eastern)
  • Friday, : Joint DEV Domain meeting (PCD+DPi+PCH)(9am to 1pm Eastern)
The schedule is proposed; actual meeting times may change during the week.
Daily Schedule - All times Eastern Daylight Time (US)
  • 09:00 - 11:00 Session #1
  • 11:15 - 13:00 Session #2

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the DEV PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

No current open Action Items

From the DEV PCD TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional

Webex Support

Because of COVID-19, these meetings will be held via Webex. The links are provided below.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The IHE Webex page is [IHE Webex]

DEV PCD Meetings
  • Monday, April 26: IHE DEV April'21 vF2F: DEV PCD Pump WG: Meeting Number: 167 728 8656
  • Wednesday April 28: DEV PCD PC: Meeting Number: 167 892 6443
  • Thursday April 29: DEV PCD TC: Meeting Number: 167 419 4377
  • Friday, April 30: DEV Domain joint: Meeting Number: 167 109 3080

Updated 4/12/2021 KE

Updated 4/19/2021 MJK

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [Devices Google Drive] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Monday, April 26 (PCD Pump Workgroup)

Date Hours Committees Topics
Monday Pt. 1 12:00 - 1:30 PCD Pump workgroup
  • Pump Terms containment model update - .5 hr
2020-02-24.DMC.1m.2021-01-18T17.final.corrected-MDC_MOC_BATT.xls
PumpNumDevTerms.x2c.2020-12-02T18.UoM.Enums-CommonTermsAdded.etc.xls
  • Rack/Pillar/Stack terms and CP - .5 hr
_04_19_2020_CP-PCD-nnn-PUMP_Slots-Racks-Pillars.doc
  • Units of measure - .5 hr
How are the UOM codes below used?
_UOM_DOSE_CONC
_UOM_DOSE_QUAN
Break 1:30 - 1:40 PM
Monday Pt. 2 1:40 PM - 3:10 PM Meeting Continued
  • Discussion of new terms for Maintenance (used for flush, prime, and KVO) - .5 hr
Events that occur during a flush (stop, pause, alerts)
Flush volume in PCD-03 with multiple meds
How to indicate a different fluid source (flush) vs a separate order
  • Discussion of new terms for Relay - .5 hr
How does switching sources and devices apply to relay
  • RTMMS ENUM description updates- .5 hr
Pump_enum_descriptions.xlsx
  • 3:10 > Meeting Adjournment


Wednesday April 28, 2021

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Wednesday Pt. 1 09:00 - 11:15 AM DEV PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 09:00 > Start DEV PCD PC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)(Kurt)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (Kurt)
General PCD Work Program Review (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- General update on PCD TF Vol 10 (John R)
- ACM (Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Kurt)
- IPEC (Kurt)
- Pump (Kurt)
- PCIM (John R)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- DEC (John R)
  • DEC OPTION: FHIR (Todd C)
- EC (John R)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry
  • Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT.
Break 11:15 - 11:30 AM
Wednesday Pt. 2 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM DEV PCD Planning Committee (PC)
11:30 >
- Review current Action Item: PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
None as of 4/26/2021
Adjourn Planning Committee meeting

Thursday April 29, 2021

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Pt. 1 09:00 - 11:00 AM
  • 09:00 > Open DEV PCD Technical Committee (TC)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
  • DEV PCD Program review:
Update PCD TF Vol 10 (John R)
ACM (Monroe P)
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
MEM LS (Monroe P)
DEC (John R)
EC (John R)
PIV (Kurt)
IPEC (Kurt)
Pump (Kurt)
Physio monitor (John R)
PCIM (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
IDCO (Alexander Kraus)
RTM (Paul Schluter)
RTM model update (Michael Faughn)
Quiet Hospital
Break 11:00 - 11:15 AM
Thursday, Pt. 2 11:15 AM - 1:00 PM DEV PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 11:00 Farewell Send-off to Paul Sherman
  • 11:15 > Continued topic discussions
PCD TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional

Friday, April 30, 2021 DEV Domain

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Friday Pt. 1 09:00 - 11:00 Joint IHE Devices (DEV) Meeting
  • 09:00 > IHE IP Management Process (Kurt)
  • 09:05 > Introductions and Agenda Review (Kurt and Thom)
  • 09:20 > Welcome (15 minutes)
  • 09:30 > Program Reports (20 minutes each)
09:30 PCD
09:50 PCH
10:10 DPI


Break 11:15 - 11:25 AM
Friday, Pt. 2 11:15 AM - 1:00 PM
  • 11:25 > Continued topic discussions
  • IHE International Board - Update & Feedback (Todd)
  • Review 2021/2022 Milestones - [1]
  • Domain Discussions
DEV Domain Rosters and transition to new tools (Confluence and Zoom, possibly other).

Reference: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AWuSbQ5H9gxM_6fmalPoo90Z6fxUjcoN

F2F Action Review (from this week)
- DEV - PCD Program
If approved, schedules for Fall 2021 F2F
Next F2F -
  • Week of Oct ?? , 2021
  • Plan on In Person F2F



Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Participants

Monday April 26

Chair: Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical)
Participants: Al Engelbert (BBraun), Bill Haralson (Smiths), Brian Sullivan(BD), Brian Witkowski (BBraun), Caroline Cornelius (Baxter), Dan Kernan (Epic), Jeff Rinda (Interoperability Solutions), Lisa Digget (BD), Marufur Rahmen (ICU), Paul Schluter (), Shantanu Chawla (BD), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun);

Wednesday, April 28

Chair: Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical)
Participants:

Thursday, April 29

Chair:
Participants:

Friday, April 30

Chair:
Participants:

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Monday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed IHE IP Management Process

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Pump Terms containment model update
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed status of terms and 10101b update.
Pump terms are final, have REFIDs and descriptions assigned. 10101b is working on ventilator terms expect it to be a few months yet before it is ready for final comments and balloting.
3 Rack/Pillar/Stack terms and CP
Status/Discussion:
Review of proposed CP content.
Identifies number of pillars and which direction (horizontal or vertical pillars)
split pillar definitions from pump location. Pillar info goes in MDS, pump detail in VMD
clarified several enums
4 Units of measure
Status/Discussion:
The constructs _UOM_DOSE_CONC and _UOM_DOSE_QUAN specify groups of units-of-measure that may be referenced by a METRIC observation or setting.  Any unit-of-measure belonging the specified _group may be used.  These are all documented on the NIST RTMMSv1 but may have been updated by the infusion pump WG.
Other possibly missing units were reviewed.
  • mgPE
  • Vials
  • Kunit
  • kunit/kg
  • EU
  • EU/kg
  • mcal
  • mcal/kg
  • kIU
  • kIU/kg
  • mIU  
  • mIU/kg
  • IU
  • IU/kg
International unit exist in the list. [iU] Paul referred to notes in IEEE11073 other units are identified by [USP] and [arb'U]
BD to follow up on mgPE, UCUM units may be extensible.
Vials are a question that requires further discussion. How are they different from syringes or other containers. Isn't the contents of the vial also in another UOM already?
Need more definition on EU
Kunit is this USP, IU or arb'U?
Some updates needed to list
4 entries have /hr instead of /h and not in a group
kcal and cal not in a group
_UOM_DOSE_QUAN_CALORIC
_UOM_DOSE_RATE_CALORIC
Will schedule time for more discussion of units during a regular pump WG session.
5 Discussion of new terms for Maintenance (used for flush, prime, and KVO)
Status/Discussion:
Adding new term to _MDC_PUMP_NOT_DELIVERING_REASON for pump-stopped-flushing
Consider adding new term to _MDC_PUMP_DELIV_STAT for pump-delivery-status-priming, needs more discussion and a complete description.
Will schedule time during a regular pump WG session for further discussion on flush and priming.
6 Discussion of new terms for Relay
Status/Discussion:
Adding new term to _MDC_PUMP_NOT_DELIVERING_REASON for pump-stopped-switching-device
Reviewed CP -148 that added some new terms for Relay. 148 was not included in Revision 9, should by in Revision 10.
Use of PCD-03 to program pumps was not included in the initial CP, only documentation. More work needs to be done in order to program a relay across multiple pumps using PCD-03.
7 RTMMS ENUM description updates
Status/Discussion:
New terms were proposed during the WG meeting but time ran out before the full list could be reviewed. Will schedule time during a regular pump WG session.


8
Status/Discussion:
Pump WG F2F meeting adjourned at 3:10


Action(s): See above


Wednesday DEV PCD PC Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Kurt Elliason reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
- General update on PCD TF Vol 10 (John R)
Working with Todd on new Vol 1 material. Implementing SDPI material. John lost access to info on his Philips computer, which affected his Vol 2 work. Reconstructing it now and will push to Github. John will provide the publish date soon. It will include all CPs to date? Yes.
- ACM (Rob and Monroe P)
Have a list of 8 or 9 items, mostly technical. Also have a list of planning items:
- Nurse call - have 3 interested parties and have implemented in products. Hope to get them into the working group. Ascom a bit interested. Hill Rom is in CNs but need to contact them. Rauland is also a possibility. Nurse call vs. Alert Manager? Biggest difference is different type of alerts, generally not physiologic (Advisories). Actual alarms are a grey area. Nurse call is an AR, but can be AM via aggregating medical equipment alerts.
- Bed vendors - Talked to Hill-Rom and Stryker. Awaiting regular participation. They're interested, but not engaged yet.
- Documenting Lab and Radfiology results - There's a need for it. Have discussed with Radiology vendors plus some Neuro vendors. Most use proprietary interfaces, with no HL7 experience. PACS often have HL7 interfaces. There are some challenges adopting HL7; mACM hasn't been commercially implemented yet. Some discussion regarding immunization; ACM not really involved, perhaps if the patients become ACM recipients.
- Still pursuing need for AC actor in NIST tools. Often at risk of not passing CN.
- MEM DMC (Monroe P)
Some background on original focus (CMMS). Expanding into other utilization.
- MEM LS (Monroe P)
Location 'tags' are getting smarter, providing other signals and info. Can send info to CMMS as well as LS system. Can be helpful for utilization.
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
Nothing new happening, it's being tested and used. With vent terms, could provide more info.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
Terminology revision mostly done, working with Michael Faughn to get them into RTMMS. Trying to sort out what is within standard terms and what's beyond that. Boston Scientific signed up for CN, but weren't able to test. Hopefully next time.
- RTM and Vents (Paul Schluter)
Have some notes and will put on Google Drive. Paul has worked with vent vendors to come up with a standardized model. Group 7 has some terms. Paul has set a deadline for new terms for this round. Will set up a ballot after that. Working with Dialysis, making progress and have a good approach. They're pushing terms to their industry.
- PIV (Kurt)
Nothing major planned
- IPEC (Kurt)
In FT for about a year. Discussing new terms. Nothing major.
- Pump (Kurt)
F2F on Monday. Notes in wiki. Working on some standardized numbering of pump 'stack' ID'd some missing units. Need to add some 'kilo' terms, as well as some for relays and flushes. Found some RTMMS enumerations that need cleaning up.
- PCIM (Tom and John R)
Workgroup starting up again. Focusing on pump-patient association. Goal to have something for the 2022 HIMSS conference (Orlando). Monroe - If interested in correlating people/equipment and location, there are some OBX identifiers for accuracy. Can use MEMLS work. There is a mechanism to set a location accuracy level. Question - Pump pulls info from PCD 16, is it accurate enough? MEMLS does provide the instances, but they're optional. Dalibor - confidence is provided via PCD-16 is at core of IEEE LS workgroup. Discussed accuracy of RTLS systems. The work on this will likely end up in multiple standards. John has set the base and the workgroup is running with it. Paul Sch - It would be great if the IEEE group can provide some background on where their work is and how it'll work with MEMLS and PCIM. Monroe - This may be beyond the scope of what IHE works on - let IEEE define the technology and accuracy requirements. IEEE group will provide method for vendors to identify their accuracy. 'Policing' will need to be via RTLS users. Rather extensive technical discussion on RTLS processes and technologies.
- Physio monitor (John R)
Some things are done, some things that they want to do, but we really need customer feedback. Need to ask ourselves - where's the pull and whose willing to sign up and do the work? had occaisions of strong pushback (good). What ought to be done now?
- DEC (John R)
Some things are done, some things that they want to do, but we really need customer feedback. Need to ask ourselves - where's the pull and whose willing to sign up and do the work? Need terms finalized. Paul Sch - invest resources into containment models. There are a lot of the pieces, but it needs to be tied together. We're very close to have something computable.
- DEC OPTION: FHIR (Todd C)
HL7 work underway for Devices on FHIR. Some skepticism due to large volumes of data. Some use cases can use this process. HL7 DEV meeting - discussing with anesthesiology community; have a small space of people seeing all info and a challenging patient. A different model from what we usually do. Their value is in looking at data after the case. FHIR could be a good model for this. Many are working on this. IHE and HL7 are working on joining the threads together. Todd proposes to write an IHE version of the HL7 work. Feedback: PCD needs to monitor and provide input as needed. Some PCD lessons being ignored. MEMLS is an example; they don't want the detail that is needed. Not sure it's valuable for Device - Device comms; not really set up for that. FHIR would be great for query based Profiles. Not good for sending models. Need to distinguish between FHIR core and implementations, FHIR has an 'escape hatch', extensibility. It's fairly well managed so far, to avoid full fragmentation. Still could collapse under it's own weight, but does have some control to limit the risk. John G provided some conformance background and how well we are doing with it.
- EC (John R)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry
  • Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT.
- Review current Action Item: PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
None as of 4/26/2021


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Please review notes and and propose Action Items.

Thursday PCD TC Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
Meeting concluded on Thursday

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • DEV PCD Program review:
Update PCD TF Vol 10 (John R)
ACM (Monroe P)
- The cutoff v9 was cp146, now at CP 150, to pass word docs to John. Taking some time to get to these docs. Action: Michael to update the Wiki site: https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PCD_CP_grid.
- PCD ACM last change was for PCD-05.
MEM DMC (Monroe P)
- Nothing here.
MEM LS (Monroe P)
- Nothing here.
DEC (John R)
- John noted that Todd advocating for (mail liaison between IHE and HL7, specifically devices). There is the Gemini project (peace making between IHE and HL7 operations). Attempt to harmonize technical content. What’s not there in HL7 is an implementation guide specifically on devices (for HL7 v2). FHIR is a successor for HL7 V2 and replacement for V3 (not fully the truth but close). FHIR is meant to be more simple and follows practices of modern computing (RestFULL, etc.). Elements may or may not be there in FHIR. HL7 V2 has been quite successful in special needs for data flows in acute care. Will likely be the traffic of the future (not broke no need to fix). There are scenarios and usecases that ppl want (e.g., mobile clients that want access to medical record data). This has been nicely worked out with the SmartonFHIR group. FHIR becoming the lead for clinical decision support. A lot of the work is redundant. ITI and patient care is getting done both ways (both V2 and FHIR). DEC Profile could be recognized in HL7. We may be asking IHE to make an HL7 FHIR IG.
EC (John R)
- Event communication: John in IPEC, similar transfers in non-infusion pump, so the basics. John has no direct experience in IPEC. If someone with IPEC experience and lead 2 or 3 meetings and see what we should say. In the TF this could be a pattern. The EC text would be a guidance, let’s do this in the IPEC way. John asks if there are experts that would be willing to sit in a few meetings and help. Tom asked the group for thoughts on John’s comments.
- We’re solving a problem that may/may not come up in future. There may not be another in the future. We haven’t seen a new IPEC thing coming so far, so may be better to wait. May be best to place on the shelf for now. There are other projects on the list to get done sooner. We can revisit this in 6 months or so (so at a future TC or PC meeting). No objections. Decided to bring this up again at next week’s TC meeting. This will give people a couple of weeks to assess. We can decide after that what we will do going forward.
PIV (Kurt)
- Kurt presented slides. Working on terms and their descriptions/definitions (relay, flushing, etc). Additionally working on a CP for pillar/rack terms. Tom to have this CP out by the end of next week. They are also looking at clarifying units (some missing). Paul noted that some of the units need to be assessed (such as vials). Others may want to way in on this. Lisa noted that vials are very specific, so important here. Is there a way if we used vials. Paul noted that vials could be something like its own unit of measure. Lisa working on this for the next meeting.
IPEC (Kurt)
Pump (Kurt)
DPI (John R)
- Its own operation. Todd not here. We will discuss tomorrow.
Physio monitor (John R)
- John noted discussed yesterday. We need to get this in a computable form and reflected in containment tree.
PCIM (John R)
- In the planning realm. We have a technical profile being implemented and various companies are demonstrating it, next year. Tom noted there is interest in moving this forward (HIMSS 2022), so feel free to join recurring meetings.
Vent (Paul Schluter)
- Paul presented slides recapping nomenclature -10101b extension and their provisional groups (5 groups, see slides). He noted that the provisional codes and Ref ID take significant discussion to ensure they are legal codes. In the future if we see errant codes they can be flagged. This is an extended containment model spanning the entire IEEE 11073-10101*
- Presentation on Google Drive. Would like to stay with vendor approved mappings. Many good examples are available. Plan to discuss Aux mode variables in meetings in the next two weeks. A lot of hard/heavy listing is done - a major accomplishment. It's possible to define a stream to define SQI from 0-100, will be helpful for several use cases. Some are good MS and PhD projects. Extensive discussion of possibilities and future progress. Think about how this can be used (medico-legal). Hemo - signing off on final terms. Will work on orders next. Plan to borrow as much from PCD-03 as much as possible. Implanted devices - Regrouped, am working with Michael Faughn.
IDCO (Graig Reiser) - not available
RTM model update (Michael Faughn/John G)
- Presentation on Google Drive. Working with IDCO, working on terms that belong in RTM vs. Implementation guides. In general what's available - wouldn't notice much change. Been working on framework a lot, solving problems. User Permissions - need more types of access than is currently available. Currently all or nothing. Demo'd term checking mechanism. Search results - currently will show top 10, but will download all of them. Should be finished this week. John G - User permissions; user roles would be similar to existing in NIST. Dockerizing - Continue IEEE royalty free agreement and IEEE-LOINC mappings. next version enables access to those terms and enable FHIR access to keep medical terminology as 'single source of truth'. Please tell Michael how to build tools. John G - once RTMMS v2 is up - NIST gives feedback and encourage everyone to do so.
- NIST - Provided stats on current status. Have all 11073 terms. Site continues to grow (Thanks Paul Schluter)
Quiet Hospital (Rob)
- A couple of status meetings. Will start on HIMSS vignette soon. No activity at CN, so no data there. All related CPs passed. Post-HIMSS; hope to have user input to help guide progress. Tom - have video available for on-demand viewing at HIMSS21. It is available to view now at: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/GP/Narrative%3A++Quiet+Hospital
PCD TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
- Found a new way to work on this. They have weekly meetings, so will try to get it on their agenda. Hope to make progress by HL7 meeting week last of May. Review June 2.
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
- Coupled with Michael Faughn's availability. Been capturing terms at various workgroup meetings. Set to August meeting.
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional
- Passed it into HL7 Orders and Observations, out of their hands now. Has Monroe contacted Hans? John will send his contact to Monroe. Set to June meeting.

New Topic - Next possible F2F. Tom would like an actual F2F, thoughts? On tomorrow's agenda, but think about it.

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


Friday DEV Joint Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
 09:00 > IHE IP Management Process (Kurt)
- Reviewed IP page.
- Kurt led the call.
 09:05 > Introductions and Agenda Review (Kurt and Thom)
- There are 18 people on the call. Each introduced themselves.
 09:20 > Welcome (15 minutes)
 09:30 > Program Reports (20 minutes each)
 09:30 PCD
- Kurt presented slides for PCD, see link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yE4gSja3Uj11lszM1z4Ur-N3FQLWj3cO/view?usp=sharing. For Quiet Hospital, we will have a Interoperability Showcase at HIMSS (a vignette).
- Rob noted looking forward to getting this out in the community. Lack of participation at the last NA Connectathon but HIMSS should provide with an opportunity to do this. Now in a lull on technical updates. We will pick-up a use-case design in the coming months.
- Rob would love to see SDPi incorporated in a future Vignette)
- Infusion pump now a trial implementation.
- Todd questioned the challenges they’ve seen. Kurt noted is in getting feedback from the community. Hoping that HIMSS will have a good showing. Todd also noted giving ACCE Webinar. It may be a good opportunity to run a survey again. They may be interested in partnering with us. Independent and running under the clinical engineering community (ACCE). Todd to help kick this off. The nursing and pharma groups would be good as well.
 09:50 PCH
- Thom presented PCH slides. See link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w1vVlEPL4Im894vLmKTTmJwCXNDLFGl7/view?usp=sharing
- Todd questioned if the videos for the IHE USA Personal Health Track at the IHE NA Connectathon are also available.
- Todd questioned the Continua Test Tool integration with the Gazelle TM tool.
- Todd questioned if there would be an IHE Profile based on the IEEE ACOM spec. Ken noted that he keeps pushing the IEEE groups. Most are not getting down to the protocol level (most higher). Todd suggested this is more semantic interoperability. Paul Schluter noted that they have worked with the ISO 22923 group who is also looking at the higher layers.
- Todd noted that they have been doing Plugathons and questioned if PCH was doing similar things for D2C Constrained. Michael noted that Amit is planning a Plugathon later this year so D2C Constrained may be a good candidate (per the IHE ONC CoAg). Ken questioned if related to ACOM. Thom noted there are two companies doing implementations. Thom noted that one of the reasons we’re doing this is to make this easier for implementers but the very market we’re approaching does not have the resources to help. Todd noted that there’s the TC215 Personalized Digital Informatics so the PCH work helps. This would be difficult to spec as the business drivers are changing on a daily basis. Thom noted that they are integrating with existing clinical workflows and other key use-cases.
 10:10 DPI
- Todd presented slides. See link to the slides here:
- Rob questioned the conformity assessment: Regarding the FDA’s focus on intended use and workflow has it been discussed how that would work? Todd noted that the ASCA project is focused on the 60601 series. They’ve not looked at interoperability at the current time. Several of these standards are not registered FDA SDOs. Todd believes that it would be based on your claim to the FDA. This work should help the FDA out. Perhaps IHE certification may be possible at some point.
- Monroe questioned how soon with DPI be implemented? Todd noted later this year. Will it support PCD-05. Yes, planned to be included. Most integrate with ACM based managed systems. There are some products in the world that do SDC stuff, including alerting.
- Todd provided the link to the video presented during the F2F: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=109546326
 IHE International Board - Update & Feedback (Todd)
- Todd started by noting he would like to share a few topics. Elliot Sloan, John Donnelly have been very helpful on the devices side. How are we doing to provide value to each of you at the F2F? New members are steady and increasing (John, Lisa and Paul Schluter). Budget doing well. The CA steering committee working infographics and videos. Working on a better home for on-demand streaming that we can send people to. IHE catalyst should be good for the org in the future. Showcases and Connectathons are discussed at the Board level. eHealth for Interoperability of IHE/HIMSS Global Consortium being expanded and now engaging with the WHO but this is still in the formative stage. They may be able to provide more funding opportunities. Currently no good way of doing this in IHE.
 Review 2021/2022 Milestones - [1]
- Kurt reviewed milestones. Discussed dates. This is now more on-demand than in the past.
 Domain Discussions
-DEV Domain Rosters and transition to new tools (Confluence and Zoom, possibly other).Reference: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AWuSbQ5H9gxM_6fmalPoo90Z6fxUjcoN
- Michael noted that this was initially brought up by Rob. Javier then requested that we discuss this during the vF2F. Monroe noted that we don’t get notified of membership (who joins or leaves). Kurt questioned that we start a new list. Rob would move to have a PC and TC list consolidated then extract information from IHE. Until profiles get mature this will continue to be a problem. Paul Sherman noted that requirements for active voting meetings and on ballots. The list we have is only for use for DEV level. Rob noted that this may be a PC item to help clean-up (temporary solution), so they could likely clean up this list quickly. Todd recalled that in the past that Celina used to manage these lists. We don’t get the contact info for new members and for which are interested in DEV. This needs to be taken back to Amit. Need an automated system. Belongs above the Domain, at IHE. We need to get this fixed as this won’t set well with the orgs like the FDA. See if we can get Amit in a future PC or TC call. Todd has a call with John and Elliot later today so will have a 5m chat on how to approach this challenge. Javier added that we have an additional challenge with 3 programs so this increases the IHE Domain complexity. There is a funding question and a leadership need. There are tools out there. Reviewed the DEV Ballot Roster 2020-SEP in google drive (and made some updates).
- Kurt noted that after we get the list we can scrub the google groups as well.
- Javier questioned how often the IHE membership list was updated. No one on the call really knows. Monroe noted that he had to poke IHE to have them shown on the list. John noted that after joining that there was no email notification. Todd will discuss this as well on his call.
- Both Chris Carr and Amit have previously mentioned that we would be moving from WikiMedia to Confluence and from IHE Webex to IHE Zoom. Todd talked to how they use Jira and Confluence at HL7. This would be fantastic.


 F2F Action Review (from this week)
- DEV - PCD Program
- If approved, schedules for Fall 2021 F2F
 Next F2F -
- Week of Oct ?? , 2021
- Plan on In Person F2F

Decisions/Issues:


 Actions
- Reviewed actions list. No current open actions. We will add the actions above.
- Fall F2F
- It may be possible to have a real F2F. Paul Schluter added NIST may be possible in October. We’ll start planning for this now (). Javier noted it may still need to be hybrid.
- There are other possible F2Fs to combine together with IEEE, IHE and the FDA.
3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


Action Items - PCD PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

New Action Item - Incorporate EC work and guidance into TF Volume 2. Owner: John Rhoads
Five Year Plan - Do we still need it? Review at next PC meeting.
Next F2F -
  • Week of Oct **, 2021
  • Hope for F2F

Action Items - PCD TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Next Meetings