Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group Tcon Minutes 2011-08-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Chris Carr
- Todd Cooper
- Nichole Drye-Mayo
- LaShawn Edwards
- Mike Nusbaum
- Kevin O'Donnell
- John Rhoads
- Karen Witting
- Reviewed charter of Work Group
- Focus charter on strategic vision or broader charter to address process and output issues? Ask Board to review charter of group?
- Start with questionnaire to domain committees: What are the three to five themes your domain will address over the next 3-5 years?
- Responses should be brief: No more than one paragraph each. ITI Strategic Planning page can serve as model.
- Request domain planning committees to provide strategic goals prior to proposal selection process
- Domains may vary in how long their time horizons are and in how much they are guided by strategic goals (as against ad hoc needs)
- Engagement in planning activity is a required part of domain activities
- Action Item: Mike Nusbaum to draft guidance to domains on purpose and use of survey and how to respond to survey based on ITI experience. John Rhoads to send Mike PCD's documents as input.
- Action Item: Chris Carr to add to next Domain Coordination Committee agenda. Introduce topic. Make regular discussion item throughout process.
- Action Item: Chris Carr to ask Teri Sippel to redistribute Mitra planning materials to group.
- Profile review process
- Profile matrix - link to it as explanatory material, but don't invest effort in further development for now.
- Documentation Work Group Status
- Present update at Domain Coordination Committee meeting
- Timeline and deliverables
- Request to domains: Oct. 1
- Iterative communication with domains Oct. 1-15
- Responses from domains: Dec. 1
- Deliverable: report with
- individual domain strategic input and
- consolidated cross-domain strategic vision
- Goal to present report to Board for discussion at February face-to-face meeting. Set general expectations in discussion at Dec. face-to-face.
- Next call moved to: Sept. 30, 11:00am-12:00pm CT