2007-2008 QRPH Technical Activities
The Quality, Research & Public Health Domain (QRPH) is currently focused on the workflow cycle of queries for data and selection of population cohorts from within the clinical record. The cycle begins with a query definition that can be incorporated into the EHR to identify appropriate patients that represent the desired cohort, and identify expected interventions as well as exceptions that would exclude individuals from the cohort. Cohort selection and management should be enabled for concurrent management and analysis as well as for retrospective analysis. Methods for accessing patient-level clinical data to meet the requirements of the query were discussed in the framework reviewed in 2007 (Patient-Level Export of Quality Data <PEQD>). The 2008 work effort is to establish profiles for incorporation of output from the query specification within the clinical system workflow to enable clinical decision support. The Domain is also defining a profile for adverse event reporting especially with reference to medication-related adverse outcomes. The Public Health, Research and Quality Domain is seeking technical volunteers for assistance in completing these profiles.
These items were selected by the Technical Committee for this Cycle:
- Performance Measurement Data Element Structured for EHR Extraction White Paper
- Drug Safety Content Profile: The Drug Safety Content Profile has been updated. Use the following links for the update (August 13, 2008 - Ready for Public Comment)
- White Paper: Care Management Content/Infrastructure
- From PCC Committee Clinical_Research_Data_Capture
- Observation Status: Aggregate Measure Report Definition