Difference between revisions of "Cross-Community Access for Imaging"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
Revision as of 10:10, 29 May 2013
Cross-Community Access for Imaging(XCA) - Supports the means to query and retrieve patient relevant medical imaging data held by other communities.
The XCA-I Profile extends the IT Infrastructure XCA Profile. XCA provides access to all medical data including diagnostic reports and imaging manifests. XCA-I provides access to the images referenced in the imaging manifests.
- Fully compatible profile with XCA as an extension.
- XCA/XCA-I supports peer-to-peer querying with other communities
- XCA/XCA-I supports peer-to-peer retrieve with other communities
- XCA-I supports peer-to-peer retrieve of DICOM instances hosted by other communities
The Cross-Community Access for Imaging profile supports the means to query and retrieve patient relevant medical image data held by other communities. A community is defined as a coupling of facilities/enterprises that have agreed to work together using a common set of policies for the purpose of sharing clinical information via an established mechanism. Facilities/enterprises may host any type of healthcare application such as EHR, PHR, etc.
Such communities may be XDS Affinity Domains which define image sharing using the XDS-I profile. This profile addresses sharing between such communities.
The XCA-I Profile extends the IT Infrastructure XCA Profile for Imaging. XCA provides access to Diagnostic reports and Imaging Manifests. XCA-I provides access to the imaging objects referenced in the Manifests.
Systems involved in this profile include:
- PACS or RIS systems may store, manage, and display imaging documents.
- EMR's and other patient management systems which will access and display imaging documents.
- HIE's, Image Exchange Systems, and VNA's which store, manage and display imaging documents for multiple systems.
Actors & Transactions:
The shaded actors are NOT included in this profile but are shown to illustrate the full set of actors that play a role other endpoint of transactions that ARE part of the profile (e.g., the Document Registry Actor is an endpoint for the Registry Stored Query Transaction).
Profile Status: Trial Implementation
Cross-Community Access for Imaging (XCA-I)]
- ebRIM OASIS/ebXML Registry Information Model v3.0
- ebRS OASIS/ebXML Registry Services Specifications v3.0
- [XCA] Cross-Community Access allows to query and retrieve patient electronic health records, including the reports and image manifests held by other communities.
- [XDS] Cross Enterprise Document Sharing share and discover electronic health record documents between healthcare enterprises, physician offices, clinics, acute care in-patient facilities and personal health records within the community.
- [XDS-I.b] Cross-enterprise Document Sharing for Imaging.b Update extends XDS to share images, diagnostic reports and related information across a group of care sites.