The composition of Committees is described in Section 9.2 of the Principles of Governance Document
- Cochairs are elected by the committee and retain the rights of voting members
- Secretary is assigned to the committee by the sponsoring organization/secretariat and does not vote
- Primary representatives are appointed to committees by their IHE Member Organization
- Alternate representatives are appointed to committees by their IHE Member Organization
- Observers should not appear in the Roster due to their temporary status. They are welcome to attend but do not vote or count toward quorum, and must be admitted by the co-chair.
Voting Privileges are exercised by the Primary representative, or if they are absent, by one of their alternates.
Members with active Voting Privileges may vote and count towards quorum.
Membership in IHE is by organization (e.g. Company, Professional Society, University, Hospital, etc.) who submit applications to the IHE Board.
IHE Member Organizations wishing to be represented on any relevant Committees should have their Primary IHE Representative (as indicated on their IHE Membership application) should contact the secretary and/or cochairs of the committee in question and provide the name of a Primary Representative and optionally one or more Alternates.