<We do not currently have a roadmap document. We agree we need one. The following points came out of the discussion at our face-to-face mtg>
- Image Sharing
- Advanced Reporting
- Measuring Quality and Performance
- Advanced Workflow
For each outline the nature of the needs, the work to date (profiles), the available standards and areas/proposal topics for future work.
- What purpose should the Roadmap serve?
- parking lot for stuff not done yet
- planning tool to see all the pieces
- PR value to show things are not forgotten
- logistics value to recognize the pre-requisites
- another flavor of this is multi-year projects
- should be careful to break it into useful subpieces
- show some long term goals/themes
- link to other domains for logistics/consistency
- Start with a "vision" statement - high level goals
- Chris will get RSNA to take a shot.
- should be ready for the matrix work
- Do the exercise of pasting brief proposals onto a matrix
- Ought to be F2F
- We should be doing more international meetings
- October - HIMSS World of HIT in Vienna, Oct 22-25 Proposed - Need to Confirm
- might like to coordinate with other international committees
- try to do one mtg per year alternating between Asia and Europe with main meeting base in U.S. (where the secretariat is)
- Review other domain roadmaps for ideas/context
- Kevin can collect we can discuss with above.
- Ask DCC to work on a common format/flavor
- Should we add to the proposal process endorsements of professional societies and vendors?
Problems to Consider
This is just a set of links to "pain-points" identified by various sources that might benefit from better integration.